Value Resort

DisneyWall-E

I have only stayed at POP so it gets my vote by default, but My DW and I really LOVE the POP Century resort and have stayed there 3 time and will stay there again in the future unless we make more money then we would stay at the POFQ

Upvote 0

Mikester71

Throw my vote in there for Pop too. Of course I have only been to WDW 3 times and stayed at Pop each time, but I like it enough to keep going back I guess. Can't wait for trip number 4 next March!!!! Never guess where we are staying!!!! :shrug: :ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

lovepooh

In the past I have stayed at the Movies and Music and the Bus system was awful. Stacking 3 resort guests in one bus was nuts! IMO

We also were in the back of the resort so we did a lot of walking- after all day at the parks i was just so tired and the busses and the long walk just wasn't my thing.

We did stay at the POP for a night. We had a nice close room was about the same size as the Music or Movies. But It only had 1 bus coming and going to the parks which i thought was a perk.

As for themeing I thought the theming at all 3 values I stayed at was pretty cool, with the big figures. The pools were equally as nice. Didnt have the food court in the POP so can't compare to that. The food Court at the Music and Movies was about the same - decent food in either one.

But because of the busses I would Choose POP over the ALL-Stars.

I usually only stay in the values if I come in late the night before now. WE have upgraded to the Mods they just offer more what our family is looking for. But for Values it is a great option my vote - POP:wave:

Upvote 0

Jeff456

Ive stayed in Movies and Music so can't comment on pop, movies theming is better than Music I think but overall I prefer Music.. not sure why really.. :ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

Korfar

Value resorts

I have stayed in every value resort. Pop Century is nice because it is by itself. As others have said no sharing buses. With that said Pop is huge so it gets crowded in the food court and can be a long walk from your room if you are staying in a standard room. Of the All Stars I like Movies the best. They have a huge screen at the main pool that plays Disney movies. It is a fun way to spend an evening. The food courts at any of the all stars are less busy than Pop. For me I would choose Movies as my favorite overall. The bus service in the value seasons can be slow though. That is the main draw back of any All Star resorts.

Upvote 0

mickey2008.1

PoP gets our vote. Had good theming and easy to get around. Nice rooms, especially if you get a king bed. I just wish they had a better pool bar. Busing, what can i say:shrug:.

Upvote 0

Heather0791

My family and I have stayed at All Star Movies, Music and the Pop. By far Pop wins hands down for us. It is only 5 minutes bus ride from DHS and our all time favorite ride, Toy Story Mania. My sisters and I are going this August from the 26-29 to celebrate my 40th birthday and chose to stay at the Pop again. We are going next June too and staying at the Pop again. No where else for this family.

Upvote 0

PalisadesPkteer

I have stayed at Pop Century and at All-Star Movies.

The bus service as others have said is much better at POP. The fact you have your own dedicated buses is a major plus. I stayed at AS Movies in 2001 and it may be better/different now.

The food courts were equal IMHO. More pools at POP with nice themes. Nicer rooms at POP although the newly refurbished rooms at Music could be nice.

POP is in a better location IMHO. The All-Stars are way over by AK, seems to take longer to get to parks etc.

So POP for me.
1. Dedicated Buses
2.Better location (less time to get to most parks except AK and Blizzard Beach)
3.Nicer rooms
4.More pools
5.Walking trail around small lake (just watch out for the unfinished area)

Food courts equal? Theme would be a matter of taste! I do not drink so pool bars don't mean much to me. Free movies you say at All Star Music? (Humm....)

I did stay at Caribbean Beach Resort once, very nice.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Stacking 3 resort guests in one bus was nuts! IMO

QUOTE]

That's what we thought last June when we stayed at Boardwalk. Let me tell you there were plenty of people on the buses from MK talking about that...

So I'd say Pop is a great value because it does have its own bus. The All Stars do run the risk of sharing...we always go early and havent really had that issue too often but that is annoying to have a bus pull up and be standing room only already.

Upvote 0

NoWorries

First Post! (after being a silent reader for a year)

Stayed on property for the first time at All Star Movies last Aug.
- Loved the theming (staring straight up at buzz...wow).
- Nice pools.
- Discovered how cozy those double beds are (me, DW, DD x2)
- Had a car, but tried out bus'. Given the time it took to get to/from MK, didn't notice extra stops. Give yourself time to get around by bus. One time, left MK right after Wishes on bus....never again....
- Food not bad the few times we ate at the resort. (was spoiled at all the characters meals with free dining). Refill mugs are great!
- CM's were very welcoming and nice.
- No coffee machine or fridge :(

Staying at All Star Music in June.
- Family Suite!!! Ok, a real bed. DW will like having coffee machine.
- I hear there are some posted activities to try out.
- Piano pool looks cool. DD will love it.

In general, most of the time spent out and about on property, so as long as there is a bed at the end of the day...:)

So, I don't have much to contribute yet. I'm also interested in the comments.

NoWorries...

Upvote 0

Lisalyn

First off...welcome to the world of posting NoWorries!

Ok now my 2 bits....take them for what they are worth. There have been tons of kudos for POP. Well I stayed there a week in November and wasn't all that impressed. Could it just have been a bad time to be there? Yes. But it was my one vacation a year and there were just so many things going on with the resort I was disappointed because everyone I know built it up to be...well #1 of the values! Paper thin walls (and I mean PAPER thin), the food court was crammed it seemed 24-7, check in took forever even though there were plenty of people working the counter....trying to get a baggage guy to help with the baggage....this when there were two of them talking amongst themselves for about 10 minutes and totally ignoring me. Finally some guy ran up to me and helped me out..this guy got a huge tip! When I had booked the room I requested the closest to the front of the resort without it being preferred. I got stuck ALL the way in the back of the resort in that row of rooms (3170 if i remember correctly) that face the little lake in the back and the expansion that's never been completed. ON a lighter note, we did see some fireworks from back there LOL and the theming was pretty cool.

I stayed at All Star Sports in 2008 and loved it....I'm staying at All Star Movies this year so am keeping my fingers crossed.

However, if I get a PIN code or a discount comes out that covers my dates, I can assure you I'll be upgrading to a moderate resort LOL :)

Upvote 0

NewfieFan

What is the nicest moderate resort?

Have you changed your mind or are you just asking random questions? Members have taken the time to give their opinions on the value resorts. Are you not interested in a value resort anymore? Maybe you should tell us about your travel party, what parks you like the best, your budget, etc. All those are factors when choosing a resort.

If you do a search there are already lots of threads where people have discussed the various pros and cons of the different mod. resorts!

Upvote 0

Chu-Chi Face

What is the nicest moderate resort?

I have tollerated POP but I definately prefer moderate resorts. A 'few' dollars extra will get you a moderate resort where you don't get indigestion eating in at the food court and the buses are slightly less populated! Worth every penny in my books!!

I agree with the points every one else has made regarding POP. Check in often slow. Resort is HUGE and you can get stuck out on a limb. Buses can be packed - especially MK extra magic hours. Food court is a mad house. Otherwise a nice resort with good themeing and clean rooms. However you do get a lot of groups staying here. If you want a quiet resort POP may not be for you.

Upvote 0

PalisadesPkteer

If you stay in the 1950's area of POP then you are better off.
Just try for "Lady" building or "Tramp" building. The juke box building will depend on if you are facing the pool. If not then it can be a bit of a hike to main building.

Much quieter there IMHO. Have only stayed at Caribbean Beach and only once.
Was REALLY nice there. Quiet, beautiful, roomy and peaceful.

It will depend on time of year on if the food courts are mobbed etc.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom