Vacation to Florida

Spocky

I'm planning my second visit to Orlando for april next year.
The first time i went there i stayed at the Disney Caribbean Beach Resort en visited only WDW. With my next visit i want to see ore of Florida. Not only WDW but Universal, Busch Gardens and Sea World. Also i would like to go to Miami. I'm not plannig to stay in a Disney hotel.

Can anyone give me tips about how to plan this vacation

Frank

Hi well frist off you might want to start your trip at bush gardens then orlando then miami. So you dont have to go back and forth from the west coast of florida to the east. We like to stay on international drive in orlando there are alot of things to do at night and its close to sea world and universal its not far to disney. As far as miami there is not a lot to do unless you like the beach and night clubs. You might want to take a trip to the space center its a nice day trip from orlando. Hope i helped.

Upvote 0

WDW-Imagineer

I must agree about Kennedy Space Center. If you got the time, I would definitely include it in my trip. Very interesting and a great trip. And if you time your visit right, you may get to see a shuttle launch.

Upvote 0

WDW-Imagineer

I just checked out NASA and the space shuttle Endeavour is scheduled to launch April 18, 2002. So if your going around that time, you may want to head to KSC.

Upvote 0

Tramp

Hi Spocky....

I think your plans or itinerary will be dictated by the amout of time you have...1 week...2...3...a month? You don't really say how long your vacation will be. If you're planning on doing this on your 1 week spring break, you may want to drop the Miami trip til next time....there's enough to do in the Orlando area to keep your plate full for a week and that includes a day trip over to Tampa for Busch Gardens.

But if you decide to do the Miami thing anyways, Frank is right....try to make your trip as fluent as possible...no time-consuming jigsawing back and forth across the state.

Upvote 0

Spocky

Original Poster
Originally posted by Tramp
Hi Spocky....

I think your plans or itinerary will be dictated by the amout of time you have...1 week...2...3...a month? You don't really say how long your vacation will be. If you're planning on doing this on your 1 week spring break, you may want to drop the Miami trip til next time....there's enough to do in the Orlando area to keep your plate full for a week and that includes a day trip over to Tampa for Busch Gardens.

But if you decide to do the Miami thing anyways, Frank is right....try to make your trip as fluent as possible...no time-consuming jigsawing back and forth across the state.

I'm planning to stay for two weeks.

Upvote 0

Nut4Disney

If you are staying in Orlando, Sea World, Busch Gardens, and Universal have a flex pass that gets you into all 3 parks. I'm not sure how much it is, but I will find out. This also includes bus transportation to Busch Gardens and back to Orlando.

Upvote 0

markymark

Yeah, we got a flex pass 2 years ago. I think they do one that covers the duration of your stay. Ours only lasted 10 days. Not sure of the price but we found it great value. The only place we didn't go was Wet & Wild - not a patch on the Disney water parks. Other than that, it's really good value.

Upvote 0

scan_man

I have 2 weeks scheduled this year. 1 week at Disney.
1 week for Discovery Cove, Atlantic Ocean, and US/IOA

I can't wait Tminus 82 days and counting.

Upvote 0

JAY-ROD

Originally posted by scan_man
I have 2 weeks scheduled this year. 1 week at Disney.
1 week for Discovery Cove, Atlantic Ocean, and US/IOA

I can't wait Tminus 82 days and counting.

isnt discovery cove a one day park. unless u feel like swimming with the dolphins all week. to each is own :)

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
I think scan_man meant 1 week divided among Discovery Cove, the beach,& IOA/US. Although some people might want to spend a week with the dolphins; I wonder if the dolphins want to spend a week(or an hour) with some people?

Upvote 0

scan_man

True I ment 1 week divided up amongst those parks. I am sorry for the Confussion.
Discovery cove is a Park you get to swim for a 1/2 hour with the Dolphins. for about $100 less you can just swim in the lagoon, and get food, and it includes a 7 day pass for Sea World ($89 +t)

Upvote 0

JAY-ROD

Originally posted by scan_man
True I ment 1 week divided up amongst those parks. I am sorry for the Confussion.
Discovery cove is a Park you get to swim for a 1/2 hour with the Dolphins. for about $100 less you can just swim in the lagoon, and get food, and it includes a 7 day pass for Sea World ($89 +t)

oh that was my fault there. no sleep which equals to alot of brain farts lol :)

Upvote 0

scan_man

It's ok Jay.
I know how it feels when you don't get any sleep, and on top of
that when I looked back on what I typed I see how it could be taken the way you read it.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom