Using the new Disability Access Service DAS Card

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Is there a list somewhere, or does anyone know what ride queue's are not wheelchair accessible?
I couldn't find a list of queues not Wheelchair Accessible but I found a list of lines that are -

Magic Kingdom
  • The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
  • Pirates of the Caribbean
  • The Enchanted Tiki Room
  • Splash Mountain
  • The Hall of Presidents
  • Mickey's PhilharMagic
  • Ariel's Grotto
  • The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
  • Tomorrowland Indy Speedway
  • Astro Orbiter
  • Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
  • Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress (Open seasonally)
Epcot - Future World

• Imagination!
  • Universe of Energy
  • The Seas with Nemo and Friends
  • Test Track
  • Innoventions East
  • Innoventions West
  • Mission: SPACE
  • Soarin'
Epcot - World Showcase

• Norway - Maelstrom
  • China - Reflections of China
  • The American Adventure
  • France - Impressions de France
  • FriendShip Boats
Disney's Hollywood Studios

• Jim Henson's Muppet*Vision 3D
  • The Great Movie Ride
  • Sounds Dangerous
  • Star Tours
  • Studios Backlot Tour
  • Walt Disney: One Man's Dream
  • Voyage of the Little Mermaid
  • The Magic of Disney Animation
  • Playhouse Disney - Live on Stage!
  • Rock 'n' Roller Coaster
  • Tower of Terror
  • Fantasmic!
DISNEY'S ANIMAL KINGDOM

• It’s Tough to be a Bug!
  • Discovery Island Trails
  • Lion King Theater: Festival of the Lion King
  • Kilimanjaro Safari
  • Caravan Stage - Flights of Wonder
  • Maharajah Jungle Trek
  • Kali River Rapids
  • DINOSAUR
  • The Boneyard
  • Triceratops Spin
  • Primeval Whirl
  • Finding Nemo - The Musical

Upvote 0

BroganMc

Oy. What a horrible ordeal that must have been. I worked at Ohare for an airline as a special services runner right out of college. I boarded, met planes for unaccompanied children and people with every disability imaginable and a few VIPs for good measure with all sorts of attitudes from amazing to evil. But the more severe the disability generally the nicer they were. Those with more minor challenges seemed to enjoy harassing the heck out of us and demanded the world.

Ticked me off when wheelchairs didn't come right up 'cause I needed them off first or had to wait until everyone else was off. Worse to find out they never loaded the wheelchairs at departing city and I was the one who had to tell the passenger it would be on the next flight, tomorrow. :eek: It happened with strollers too and those peeps seemed to be angrier but while I empathized so much more fixable. The only issue I hated more than a missing or broken wheelchair was when a departing city forgot to load an unaccompanied child and failed to notify us. Nothing like having parents meeting the plane and no kid, thankfully that didn't happen to often and they were never misplaced just mishandled.

I couldn't do this much more than a few years and left the airlines and dealt with cargo, simpler. That is why I have so much empathy for front line CMs with DAS. Pretty powerless to fix much.

That reminds me of when I went to London and had to go through International security at Heathrow. They insisted on taking my power wheelchair from me before Security, which meant I was then ferried about the airport in a manual chair and had little way of knowing what happened to my beloved powerchair. Heathrow is a HUGE and often badly run airport. (I believe the baggage handlers were going on strike the next day. Joke in UK is that if some group wants a day off, they go on strike.) By the time I got to my airplane home to the States I refused to board until they at least checked to make certain my powerchair made it on board. I wasn't about to leave the country without it.

Fortunately it made it safe and sound. The policy in my home international airport (BWI) was much kinder. They at least had my powerchair waiting for me at the end of the gate. (Not to mention the staff there were so much friendlier. I love the pomp, circumstance and history of London, but the natives can be so cold and stiff.)

Flying is always a bit of a dare experience for someone with a wheelchair. You learn which airlines to avoid. I'm a loyal Southwest flyer primarily because they've been super good to me and my needs. That broken wheelchair was the fault of some weekend airport staff who abandoned me to my fate once delivering my broken chair to me. Once I was able to hobble over to Southwest's customer service desk I got the royal treatment, Food, drink, repairman, loaner chair and a free flight to return for the next NYE. Still I always warn the airport staff when I surrender my chair at the gate how to handle and care for it properly with the cautionary tale of how it broke.

Oh and yes I'm ALWAYS the last person off the plane. I wait for the chair to be brought upstairs. It's my sort of ransom demand. I'll leave the plane when my wheels are returned. I have nightmare visions of the plane departing for Kansas with my wheels inside. That's the extent to my being "difficult". Sweet, humorous, asks about your day, politely explains her needs, but stubbornly refuses to be carted off like baggage until she can at least see the black of her powerwheels.

Upvote 0

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
That reminds me of when I went to London and had to go through International security at Heathrow. They insisted on taking my power wheelchair from me before Security, which meant I was then ferried about the airport in a manual chair and had little way of knowing what happened to my beloved powerchair. Heathrow is a HUGE and often badly run airport. (I believe the baggage handlers were going on strike the next day. Joke in UK is that if some group wants a day off, they go on strike.) By the time I got to my airplane home to the States I refused to board until they at least checked to make certain my powerchair made it on board. I wasn't about to leave the country without it.

Fortunately it made it safe and sound. The policy in my home international airport (BWI) was much kinder. They at least had my powerchair waiting for me at the end of the gate. (Not to mention the staff there were so much friendlier. I love the pomp, circumstance and history of London, but the natives can be so cold and stiff.)

Flying is always a bit of a dare experience for someone with a wheelchair. You learn which airlines to avoid. I'm a loyal Southwest flyer primarily because they've been super good to me and my needs. That broken wheelchair was the fault of some weekend airport staff who abandoned me to my fate once delivering my broken chair to me. Once I was able to hobble over to Southwest's customer service desk I got the royal treatment, Food, drink, repairman, loaner chair and a free flight to return for the next NYE. Still I always warn the airport staff when I surrender my chair at the gate how to handle and care for it properly with the cautionary tale of how it broke.

Oh and yes I'm ALWAYS the last person off the plane. I wait for the chair to be brought upstairs. It's my sort of ransom demand. I'll leave the plane when my wheels are returned. I have nightmare visions of the plane departing for Kansas with my wheels inside. That's the extent to my being "difficult". Sweet, humorous, asks about your day, politely explains her needs, but stubbornly refuses to be carted off like baggage until she can at least see the black of her powerwheels.

Here at United anyhow the chairs come up to the edge where the jet way meets the plane. Once I was waiting for the flight attendant to OK for me to board a good sized tall and pretty heavy man and his family at the edge of the jet way, he was older and appeared to have had a stroke or something similar. I had him in an isle chair, buckled in from shoulders on down like a straight jacket and his family had assisted me with his transfer. Out of nowhere the dude has a seizure. Tips the Isle chair over sideways as I watch his the side of his face slap into the jet way. Beyond startled I ask flight attendant to call for an EMT. Family, oh no, he'll be fine, it happens all the time. Signed off declined EMTs and boarded them, nobody blinked a eye. Me, I was toast, I need a stiff drink that night when I got home.

Upvote 0

ml123_9

I couldn't find a list of queues not Wheelchair Accessible but I found a list of lines that are -

Magic Kingdom
  • The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
  • Pirates of the Caribbean
  • The Enchanted Tiki Room
  • Splash Mountain
  • The Hall of Presidents
  • Mickey's PhilharMagic
  • Ariel's Grotto
  • The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
  • Tomorrowland Indy Speedway
  • Astro Orbiter
  • Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
  • Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress (Open seasonally)
Epcot - Future World

• Imagination!
  • Universe of Energy
  • The Seas with Nemo and Friends
  • Test Track
  • Innoventions East
  • Innoventions West
  • Mission: SPACE
  • Soarin'
Epcot - World Showcase

• Norway - Maelstrom
  • China - Reflections of China
  • The American Adventure
  • France - Impressions de France
  • FriendShip Boats
Disney's Hollywood Studios

• Jim Henson's Muppet*Vision 3D
  • The Great Movie Ride
  • Sounds Dangerous
  • Star Tours
  • Studios Backlot Tour
  • Walt Disney: One Man's Dream
  • Voyage of the Little Mermaid
  • The Magic of Disney Animation
  • Playhouse Disney - Live on Stage!
  • Rock 'n' Roller Coaster
  • Tower of Terror
  • Fantasmic!
DISNEY'S ANIMAL KINGDOM

• It’s Tough to be a Bug!
  • Discovery Island Trails
  • Lion King Theater: Festival of the Lion King
  • Kilimanjaro Safari
  • Caravan Stage - Flights of Wonder
  • Maharajah Jungle Trek
  • Kali River Rapids
  • DINOSAUR
  • The Boneyard
  • Triceratops Spin
  • Primeval Whirl
  • Finding Nemo - The Musical

Awesome, thank you

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom