Using Magical Express and checking in...

ntoeman

My family is going in August and we will be using the Magical Express to and from the airport. On the day we arrive, we will probably getting to the airport at 10:30 or 11 and so I have two questions....1. How long do you think it will take before we get to CBR? (I've read the process of checking in at the airport once we get to the disney desk is hit or miss time-wise) and 2. When we get to the resort, since it will probably be before the 3pm check-in time I imagine, what can we do with our carry-on since we'll probably end up heading to the parks right away?
Thanks so much!

Courtman

We've used DME twice and its never taken more than 45mins from DME Check-in to Resort Check-in, we reckon 1:30 from landing to resort (and we are international travellers).

Not sure they'll let you check-in that early - best bet is to try, I'm sure if the room is available they'll let you. If not, there is a Baggage Storage Room where you can store your carry-on while your in the parks!

Upvote 0

MinnieLee

We've used ME at least half a dozen times and it usually has been 1 1/2 hours from landing to check in. The bus wait is not all that bad and there are enough cast members working at ME check in and it goes pretty fast. If your room is not ready, anything you do not want to take to the parks bell services will hold for you. Check in will give you a card with a number you call from the parks to get your your room number so you can go straight from the parks to your room and your luggage will be waiting for you. If you did opt to have anything heldm you can call to have it delivered or pick it up yourself. If your room is ready, go straight to your room, drop whatever you have and let the magic begin! On the way back to MCO, ME picks you up 3 hours before your flight. If you have a participating airline, you check your luggage in that morning and get every last minute in at the parks. If you fly a non-participating airline (like Southwest), check your luggage in at bell services, go to the parks and pick your luggage up 20 minutes before ME comes. IT really is a great perk! Enjoy!

Upvote 0
Early checkin is a 50 50, but sometimes you luck out. You can call them and ask let them know the time you will be there. SOMETIMES they take this into consideration. ( I say that, because we have called ahead and they had our room ready early I am not sure if it is a coindince or not.)

As the above poster said, they will hold your bags.

Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

We usually always arrive in Orlando around the same time, 10:30-11am, but we do go at a slower time of the year, so it depends. The DME check-in line sometimes looks long when you get in it, but moves fairly quickly IMO. We usually get to our hotel no more than an hour later, the drive from the airport to our resort is usually 30-40mins, and the ride goes quick. Your room may not by available when you get there, but you can leave you stuff with the resort and they'll put it in your room with your luggage when it arrives. The best thing about DME is not having to wait a baggage claim, it saves so much time that way. We always arrive at the hotel before check-in time and most of the time our room won't be ready, so we go to a park right away, but you may get lucky and it may be ready.

Upvote 0

MattyFresh

Last time I went, we got into Orlando early. Our room wasn't ready. They offered to keep our bag, but I had made sure that I packed stuff we would need. Camera, sunscreen, books, whatever else you might need. I used an old book bag of mine and just carried it around DTD and everywhere else we went. It really wasn't an inconvenience at all.

Just another option if you don't want to leave you bag.

Upvote 0

Disneykidder

DME is an awesome sercice. I'd say about 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours after you touch down to be at resort. We always catch an early flight and have never had a hard time checking in. In 06' we checked in as early as 9:30 am and it was in July. 07' was about 10:30. They are great at trying to accommodate you.

Upvote 0

Paul06TC

The only thing I didn't like about ME last time me and the wife went was it took forever that day we got there to get our bags (I think it took about 3-4 hours to get them).

Upvote 0

hansel1

The only thing I didn't like about ME last time me and the wife went was it took forever that day we got there to get our bags (I think it took about 3-4 hours to get them).

DME should have told you that the average time to recieve your luggage is 4 hours.

You should always pack essentials in your carryon bags.

Upvote 0

Phonedave

I have used DME a number of times and am averaging about 70-75 minutes from the time we deplane to the time I walk into the resort lobby.

I usualy take earlier flights (arriving in MCO at around 10:30 - 11:00 AM) and early check in is about 50/50 for me. Of the times when a room was not ready, I had a room ready in less than 2 hours, somtimes as little as 10 minutes.

Most of the time when that happens I throw our stuff in bell services, and wander around the resort, because I know the room is going to be ready soon.

-dave

Upvote 0

Disneykidder

Yes, DME is available that late. Just tell the front desk that you want them to hold your luggage until morning, unless you don't mind getting a knock on your door at the we hours. Then you can pick up your luggage or send for bell services when you wake up.

Upvote 0

janni518

My family is going in August and we will be using the Magical Express to and from the airport. On the day we arrive, we will probably getting to the airport at 10:30 or 11 and so I have two questions....1. How long do you think it will take before we get to CBR? (I've read the process of checking in at the airport once we get to the disney desk is hit or miss time-wise) and 2. When we get to the resort, since it will probably be before the 3pm check-in time I imagine, what can we do with our carry-on since we'll probably end up heading to the parks right away?
Thanks so much!

We just did this. It was a little over an hour for us. We got there after check in time but we left late our last day. The bell captain was happy to take our carryon and hold it for us. When we were ready to catch our bus to the airport, they valet brought it out to the bus stop.

Upvote 0

CleveRocks

Had you read the DME booklet mailed to you, you would have known that Disney says to expect your luggage about 3 hours after you arrive at your resort (which is 4 or 4.5 hours after you land).

So it didn't take forever ... it took the amount of time they told you it would take.

It isn't Disney's fault if you didn't read what they sent you.:)

Upvote 0

KHockett

We have used the ME many times and it is extremely easy. As far as the luggage - we have never had an issue - we just plan on bringing whatever we need in the carryon, and the luggage is always there when we get back from our first day in the parks. Really I would agree --we usually get there from the airport to the resort in about an hour or so and are able to check in - even if the room isn't ready right away.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom