Using Disney World for Discipline

worldfanatic

Original Poster
I understand parents at Disney World threatening their kids with leaving a park, or not going on a particular ride if they don't behave.
But my situation is ridiculous!

My wife, Tracy, was furious at me this morning. (I forgot to do some chores she needed done before friends visit today.) She kept threatening me with trivial things if I didn't do the chores right away. I got into a stubborn mood and just drank my coffee and watched ESPN. (Nobody's gonna tell me what to do) She was getting more and more frustrated with my disinterest when she finally discovered Gold.

SHE SAID SHE WON'T RIDE THE TOWER OF TERROR WITH ME ON OUR NEXT TRIP!

She's never liked going on it, and I always have to work hard on her, but she always rides. I don't know why I don't just ride it alone, I guess I feel it's one on the best in WDW and feel she needs to experience it.

Needless to say, I jumped up from the couch and ran towards my chores. She had a Cheshire cat like grin. She had discovered a new power! We'll be at the AKL in september. What's next? No Jiko or Boma unless I wash & wax her car.

This is a terrible development!! My God, I'm 42 years old. I don't need to be threatened with Disney World witholding.
I need advice on how to get out of this. She's probably plotting at work right now on having me paint the house.

luvlifeinfl

unfortunally the games that we play and things we use against our partners.

Just say your sorry and explain that by not completing the chores was not to upset her. But you mentally needed to work yourself up to it. Oh I have also learned to my Dh is get a time frame on when he plans on getting my do list done, it will get yourself accountable.

But leave the Disney magic out of it.

tigsmom

For goodness sake man - tell her to stop being such a child and act like an adult

Very well said! :king:

You two are adults not 5 y/o children, start acting like it! It's your home too and you should be helping out (especially if she works as well) and should not have to be hounded and treated like a spoiled child. :brick:

DizneyPryncess

haha - you do need to find her weakness. What's her favorite Disney ride?? Tell her if she doesn't ride Tower of Terror, that you won't ride whatever it is with her! Then you'll be even :)

DisneyMusician2

Just give in, man. Do whatever she asked you to do and suck it up. I know I do enough stuff to tick off my wife that I'm lucky she's not like that!:)

worldfanatic

Original Poster
haha - you do need to find her weakness. What's her favorite Disney ride?? Tell her if she doesn't ride Tower of Terror, that you won't ride whatever it is with her! Then you'll be even :)

Ahaaaaa!!!! The Princess comes through!!!

We'll see how she feels about missing out on PhilharMagic next time.

Gig 'Em Mickey

pu**y. Ride it by yourself. If she's gonna throw a temper tantrum like a little child let her punish herself. Sounds like she caught a little of the BSC if you know what I mean.

I_heart_Tigger

Just tell her that you are SOOOO happy she decided not to ride it because you were only going to ride it ONCE with her but NOW you can ride it 22 times without her...and she can find something else to do.

Of course...that may backfire, she might take you up on the offer! :lol:

disneygirl1

Oh boy!! You are in trouble now, once a woman finds a man's weakness, the game is over!!! I have to say, I pull the "fine you're not even going to Disney" with my son when he doesn't do what I tell him to.

We will be there at the end of September too!! I am so excited!

LSUxStitch

Don't let her blackmail you! Ever been on a solo trip? They are tons of fun. I'm just saying...

Solo trip, meaning on ToT or Disney in general. I'll have to say that the best times I've ever had at Disney were alone. I drove 12 hours by myself a couple of times to hang out in the parks and visit some of my old CP buddies that worked there. The parks alone, at least to me, are really relaxing and it's a great opportunity to talk and meet people from all over the country or world...hah

Timekeeper

Just tell her "fine," and express your enthusiastic anticipation at the thought of being able to wait in the "single riders" queue. Of course, you would explain to her what the word single implies at WDW :animwink:

That ought to do the trick.

KingStefan

Your story is so funny!:ROFLOL:

I hate to say it, but I think that maybe you haven't been married long enough. Give it up. Resistance is futile. You cannot win!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom