User name confusion

Dizknee_Phreek

Originally posted by Becky
I can't remember my real name:eek: And I lost the little piece of paper it was written on:confused:

gosh, that's a real shame! well, can we just call you by your screen name? that is, until you can figure out what your real name is.

careship

My nickname since I was very little was "Cares". When the internet came about I would use Cares wherever I could, but when I couldn't use it, I added hip.

Carri is my first name. Ship is the first part of my last name. So together I am....

Careship

WDWspider

Originally posted by KevinPage
Anyone else out there use their REAL name like me? I find it hard to remember people that don't use their name or something easily memorable, like: TimeKeeper, MKT, DisneyJill, etc.

Being a Walt65123X-9 doesn't stick to the brain :)

I guess what made me think of this was the "meet" in December. I couldn't imagine going, "Hello, I'm Joe3417@#$LOP, or otherwise Joe Smith". It's hard enough to remember all the names and faces, let alone screenames.

I suppose many people on-line want to remain more vague than just listing where they live and who they are... however, for your meet, it sounds like someone should get a list together of all the people going and compile it with there real name and e-mail to everyone privately prior to going. That seems logical to me and keeps everyone who needs to know in the know and vice versa. I would not say whether you use your name here or anywhere else if you are not comfortable with that. :)

Speedo Bob

My real name is Speedo Bob, it is written on the tags of my underwear and my Speedo's. I am known around my town as Speedo Bob, and I got my name about 10 years ago at the yearly Swim meet at my local Swimming pool. Any ways that was the first year for the biggest belly flop competition and of course I won hands down. The announcers at the Swim meet called me Speedo Bob and the name has kinda of stuck with me ever since. I will let you all know that I have been the bellly floping champion for the past 10 years and no one can even come close to beating me.

Lil'mermaid

I use mine because Little Mermaid is my fav disney movie... It came out just before I was born! I was going to use my AIM sn but its too long. If my s/n is too long call me Katie!

Maria

Originally posted by Speedo Bob
My real name is Speedo Bob, it is written on the tags of my underwear and my Speedo's. I am known around my town as Speedo Bob, and I got my name about 10 years ago at the yearly Swim meet at my local Swimming pool. Any ways that was the first year for the biggest belly flop competition and of course I won hands down. The announcers at the Swim meet called me Speedo Bob and the name has kinda of stuck with me ever since. I will let you all know that I have been the bellly floping champion for the past 10 years and no one can even come close to beating me.

:lol: Do you have any pictures, Bob?

wiskband

Originally posted by Speedo Bob
when i see the word SPEEDO......... i cant help but think of my 70+ old neighbor who still wears his speedos proud as he washes his porche..:lol: its quite a site to see. ..........by the way is videoing taping your neighbors illegal in NY?:wave:

Kellylynn322

I use my real name. Its easier to remember than something with 100s of letters after it. So Kelly is the 1st name and Lynn is the middle. Only call me by both if I am in trouble again.

Glasgow

I use Glasgow since that's where I was born (Scotland). I've lived in the US though since I was a child - basically the first place I came to in the states was Disney when I was over on vacation (I was 3), so it sort of holds special value for me

CSOM

CSOM comes from Carlson School of Management at the University of Minnesota where I just finished my graduate work. I'm not bragging the school, it just is kind of a cool moniker if you don't know what it is, and it's short easy to remember.

I use it on 2 other forums, so it's kind of become my new web-identity.

I do understand what you are saying though. I have a friend who went through hotmail accounts like crazy filling up their storage (he saves all of his emails) so first he used a 5 at the end of his email "name" so it was XX5@hotmail.com.... but after that was full, he needed something else, so he just used 321 just to type down the keyboard, then eventually added a zero. so it looks odd at first, but everyone has a reason for something. even if they are XXXXX53210@hotmail.com....:hammer:

Dwarful

well, I debated about what to pick for my online name, but decided to stick with the nickname I got as a little kid, I was a surprise for my parents, my brother & sister were 12 & 10 when i came along, by the time I was about 3 I was tagging behind the big kids, and most of their friends would make remarks like"are you bringing the dwarful along?" and it just sort of stuck. plus my last name is 10 letters long so that wasn't an option for me, to easy to mistype and have some obscene words instead. so you can call me Carrie or Carrie Beth, I also answer to mom, mommmmmm, & "the mailmom" (or #1 Blues Fan in case you didn't understand my signature)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom