Use Magical Express or not?

alifares

When my family and I travel, we usually have a car of some sort pick up us from the airport and take us to our hotel. There are 3 adults and 4 children that are traveling for our trip to disney. Is it worth it to hire a limo or some type of big vehicle or is the disney magical express a good way to go. My kids are 1, 3, 7 and 11 so it takes a lot to get us places and i want this to be as smooth as possible

bryPOD

In my experience, the Magical Express works perfectly when you arrive in Orlando and are going to you resort. However on the way back from the resort to the irport, I've experienced nothing but trouble everytime. Either the bus was late, or it was over crowded and couldn't fit every1 waiting. People miss flights because of these failures, so I suggest taking the magical express to your hotel, but taking a cab (they have van cabs for lrge parties) back to the airport. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
When my family and I travel, we usually have a car of some sort pick up us from the airport and take us to our hotel. There are 3 adults and 4 children that are traveling for our trip to disney. Is it worth it to hire a limo or some type of big vehicle or is the disney magical express a good way to go. My kids are 1, 3, 7 and 11 so it takes a lot to get us places and i want this to be as smooth as possible

If you're all staying in the same room [family suites or multi-room suites], DME would probably be great. If you're all on the same booking, but in different rooms, it might be a bit problematic getting the right luggage to the right people.

Not having to retrieve your luggage is a great DME benefit, even if you do have to redistribute luggage between rooms when you get it [IMO].

Upvote 0

browniebee

If you're all staying in the same room [family suites or multi-room suites], DME would probably be great. If you're all on the same booking, but in different rooms, it might be a bit problematic getting the right luggage to the right people.

Not having to retrieve your luggage is a great DME benefit, even if you do have to redistribute luggage between rooms when you get it [IMO].

I love Magical Express, when we went in a large group in 2005, my sister and her family were in a different room only a few rooms down the hallway from us because we requested the rooms be close so it wasn't a problem getting the luggage to the right rooms at all. As for going back to the airport I don't remember having a problem because the time your bus is scheduled to come pick you up at the resort is early enough so that it won't be a problem if there's a delay.

Upvote 0

disneytati

I'll visit a friend in Cape Coral, and then i'll go with her to WDW. So, I'll go to WDW by car, and then go back home by plane. Do you think I can use DME, only to go back to the airport?

Upvote 0

DisneyMusician2

Use it! DME was one of the best Disney experiences I've had in a long time! I know others have had some issues. But every time I've used it, its been nothing but smooth sailing for me and my family

Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

We used Magical Express our last trip and had no problems. Going back to the airport from the resort they sent us a cab instead of DME because our flight was so early that morning. Other than that, I think its the way to go. You dont have to sit at baggage claim and wait for your luggage, they send it right to your room. So its a faster way to hit the parks. We love it and we will be using Magical Express in almost 2 weeks!!!

Upvote 0

swimmom

We used DME last December and plan to use it again on our next trip. We did claim our own luggage at the airport because we had a late arriving flight, but I can't wait to let Disney do all that for us on the next trip. We fly a participating airline, so I really like being able to check our luggage & get boarding passes at the resort. No lugging our bags to the airport, which are always heavier when we return home.

Upvote 0

maelstrom

I'm going to go against what others are saying and say that you should hire a limo. There's nothing wrong with DME and I've taken it before. However, there is a line at the airport, lots of waiting. With four kids, that might not be such a great thing. They'll know they've arrived in Orlando and will want to get to WDW right away and probably will not like having to stay in the airport waiting to board a bus. With the limo, it's there waiting for you. Just get in and off you go. Plus you can usually get a grocery stop. I just think this might be easier with four kids. :)

Upvote 0

disneytati

We used DME last December and plan to use it again on our next trip. We did claim our own luggage at the airport because we had a late arriving flight, but I can't wait to let Disney do all that for us on the next trip. We fly a participating airline, so I really like being able to check our luggage & get boarding passes at the resort. No lugging our bags to the airport, which are always heavier when we return home.

Oh, so we get boarding passes at the resort? Cool!!! Do they do that for international flights too? I'm flying Delta Airlines. Is it a participating airline?

Upvote 0

browniebee

I'll visit a friend in Cape Coral, and then i'll go with her to WDW. So, I'll go to WDW by car, and then go back home by plane. Do you think I can use DME, only to go back to the airport?

Yes, my family and I are going to Disney's Vero Beach and then to Boardwalk for Spring Break. Since DME doesn't go to Vero Beach we're going to rent a car and then drop the car off a few days later when we get to WDW. The reservations lady told my mom that even if we don't use DME going down, we can still get it going back to the airport since we'll be at a Walt Disney World Resort.

Upvote 0

Mystic

Oh, so we get boarding passes at the resort? Cool!!! Do they do that for international flights too? I'm flying Delta Airlines. Is it a participating airline?

You can only print your boarding passes if you are on a domestic flight within the continental United States regardless If you are flying someplace outside the continential US then you'll have to get your boarding passes at the airport regardless of if you are on a participating airline.

Upvote 0

disneytati

I'm gonna use Magical Express!!!!!! I'll stay at the All Stars for a day, then go to Cape Coral, and back to Pop Century. Magical Express is gonna help me a lot, as I don't have to get my luggage. It usually takes longer for me, as I have to go through immigration. Not having to get my luggage is gonna save me a lot of time, and the bus ride is gonna save me some money and trouble.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

I'm gonna use Magical Express!!!!!! I'll stay at the All Stars for a day, then go to Cape Coral, and back to Pop Century. Magical Express is gonna help me a lot, as I don't have to get my luggage. It usually takes longer for me, as I have to go through immigration. Not having to get my luggage is gonna save me a lot of time, and the bus ride is gonna save me some money and trouble.

Hey there Tati, I may have a little bit of bad news for you, darling. Quoted directly from the DME instructions: For international guests who are using DME if the Orlando International Airport is your first port of entry into the United States please follow the Customs and Border protection process and claim your luggage upon disembarking the airplane. Once you have completed the process please proceed to the Main Terminal Building and you will be met by a Disney representative. Your luggage will be transferred to the Baggage Claim area where Disney will collect it. If you have already completed the U.S. Customs and Border Protection process in another U.S City or before entering the U.S. Please proceed to the Main Terminal Building and we will claim your luggage. Hope this helps!!! Belle

Upvote 0

disneytati

Hey there Tati, I may have a little bit of bad news for you, darling. Quoted directly from the DME instructions: For international guests who are using DME if the Orlando International Airport is your first port of entry into the United States please follow the Customs and Border protection process and claim your luggage upon disembarking the airplane. Once you have completed the process please proceed to the Main Terminal Building and you will be met by a Disney representative. Your luggage will be transferred to the Baggage Claim area where Disney will collect it. If you have already completed the U.S. Customs and Border Protection process in another U.S City or before entering the U.S. Please proceed to the Main Terminal Building and we will claim your luggage. Hope this helps!!! Belle

Thanks a lot for the info, Marie! I've just called Delta Airlines, and they told me that Atlanta is my first port of entry into the US. I'll go through immigration there, and get my luggage in Orlando. So, I guess Disney will claim my luggage!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom