USA Disney Park 2024 Projects Thread

plutofan15

I hope your spouse is okay with all of this?
If you made it to the end of my post, you probably figured out that I fat fingered posting it before I was completely done. While I would certainly like to provide the "street cred" the empty barrel demanded, I reconsidered and determined that a public forum was not the proper place to disclose some of the information. Discretion is the better part of valor after all.

drizgirl

Disney Fans: We need a 5th park!
Also Disney Fans at DAK at 11:30AM: Ok we did everything, let's leave!
Also Disney Fans at DHS at 11:30AM: Everything is broken!

I love the enthusiasm behind a 5th park... but current parks are desperate for overhauls/rethemes/expansions. Until DAK can successfully keep guests until 8-9PM daily like DHS/Epcot... we have ways to go before a 5th park ever happens.
THIS.

Andrew25

Really? So theme park operators are not going to build parks/attractions because some companies might limit the amount of vacation time that employees can take at one time? I would argue that the amount of parks/attractions in the central Florida area has exceeded what can be visited in one trip long ago. The cost of trying to visit everything in one trip is certainly a concern. In my opinion that concern way down the list. Your opinion may vary.
Universal is building Epic Universe because they don't want to be the "roadside/sidepiece" attraction people typically think of them on their way to WDW. Universal is already a multi-day destination, but they want to achieve a similar trip duration that people usually stay at WDW for.

Some of that is relative -- I can spend a full day (or at least close to one) at DAK but would struggle to spend more than 5 or 6 hours at current DHS.
I as well, DAK is my favorite park so I can spend hours just walking around while DHS is a nightmare, but even I can't convince people to stay longer in the park.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Universal is building Epic Universe because they don't want to be the "roadside/sidepiece" attraction people typically think of them on their way to WDW. Universal is already a multi-day destination, but they want to achieve a similar trip duration that people usually stay at WDW for.

Hmmmm…I wonder if the goal is 7 days?
…nah…can’t be

I as well, DAK is my favorite park so I can spend hours just walking around while DHS is a nightmare, but even I can't convince people to stay longer in the park.

I find myself gravitating this way as well

On my recent trip…we went to dak 3 times, Epcot 2 (which was low for us), MK and Studios once

Andrew25

Hmmmm…I wonder if the goal is 7 days?
…nah…can’t be
5-7 seems to be what most people aim for in Orlando. But that could also include travel, pool days, and potential trips to non-park places like the Everglades, Kennedy Space Center, etc.

Choosing from 8 parks and 4 water parks is a lot, let alone Disney Springs and any nightlife people want to experience.

I hate saying this, but I kind of want attendance at DAK to be cannibalized/drop so that Disney is convinced to rush updates to the park.

Ayla

5-7 seems to be what most people aim for in Orlando. But that could also include travel, pool days, and potential trips to non-park places like the Everglades, Kennedy Space Center, etc.

Choosing from 8 parks and 4 water parks is a lot, let alone Disney Springs and any nightlife people want to experience.

I hate saying this, but I kind of want attendance at DAK to be cannibalized/drop so that Disney is convinced to rush updates to the park.
Or...if DAK attendance drops, would they use that as an excuse to further cut offerings? :(

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

I want attendance everywhere to drop…because Bob has managed them into a tangled mess and still doesn’t understand how the parks were designed to operate…both original philosophy and Eisner strategy

His is the only one designed to burn bridges…and we’re starting to smell the fumes

Smiley/OCD

Aah, so REALLY South of the Border…

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom