USA Disney Park 2024 Projects Thread

plutofan15

That’s what Iger and chapek have told you…is it true? We’re gonna find out soon.

There is a big stream cost…but not typical business costs…it’s not equipment, labor and benefits…it’s content.

The example here is Netflix…who only started turning profits around 5 years ago when they went full in on original content. In 2019 they spent 300% of all their other streaming competitors combined. They spent more to make some profits.

And it worked but that’s not what Disney is doing. You think they’ll spend $50 billion on content? Or Lizzie McGuire reruns while trying to charge $39.99 with ads?

They already answered. When some rat in a nametag tells you who they are…believe them.
Wrong again. There is a very large cost in the streaming side of the business with headcount, infrastructure, equipment and, yes, typical business costs. And, no, I get my information from sources closer to heart of the game who are involved more in depth than Iger or Chapek. So thanks again for the off base lecture.

plutofan15

You were already told why…

Are you knew to disneydom? Am I REALLY gonna have to explain the history of the compound and park cannibalization?

Ok…like spaceballs…the short, short version:

More parks would not grow attendance above the greater travel environment…it would instead force most consumers to divide limited resources and time amongst more options…which then would make all overhead less utilized and inefficient.

Comprende?
So much wisdom coming my way. o_O:rolleyes:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Wrong again. There is a very large cost in the streaming side of the business with headcount, infrastructure, equipment and, yes, typical business costs. And, no, I get my information from sources closer to heart of the game who are involved more in depth than Iger or Chapek. So thanks again for the off base lecture.
You talk like a long dormant burner account.

Nothing about a 5 year old stream service is “heavy overhead” the way you describe. You act like they’re out running cable on trucks

The expense is the content and/or licensing fees and marketing.
Those are never going away and likely will increase.

They haven’t turned a profit while far outpacing their sub projections for 2024. Red alert.

So how will they do it? 90’s cable Bob has again already told you: locking people in at high rate and ramming ads down their throat.

How ingenious…and it’s not impossible that it will work. Not probable either

plutofan15

A 5th gate would cannibalize the other 4 parks (not to mention the staffing, land, and infrastructure needs). You aren't new to this game - unless you took a 14 year vacation ala. The Eagles, you should have read the dozens of posts about it over the years.

The current parks model was based on a 7-day vacation, 8 days if one wants to stretch it. You can sit here and fixate on vacation policies if you want, but the fact of the matter is WDW, as it stands these days, was and is structured for a 7-day vacation.
Completely understand and agree. I am not the one fixating on vacation policies, our resident subject matter expert claimed that customers bosses vacation policies are a reason for the lack of a 5th park. I agree that the current parks and infrastructure should be expanded to improve capacity before any talk of a 5th park. The vacation policy of General Motors, Bank of America or any company is a non issue.

plutofan15

You talk like a long dormant burner account.

Nothing about a 5 year old stream service is “heavy overhead” the way you describe. You act like they’re out running cable on trucks

The expense is the content and/or licensing fees and marketing.
Those are never going away and likely will increase.

They haven’t turned a profit while far outpacing their sub projections for 2024. Red alert.

So how will they do it? 90’s cable Bob has again already told you: locking people in at high rate and ramming ads down their throat.

How ingenious…and it’s not impossible that it will work. Not probable either
LOL! Of course the major expense is the content. But the typical business costs are indeed a major expense. Your lack of knowledge of what is involved in operating a streaming business is showing.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Completely understand and agree. I am not the one fixating on vacation policies, our resident subject matter expert claimed that customers bosses vacation policies are a reason for the lack of a 5th park. I agree that the current parks and infrastructure should be expanded to improve capacity before any talk of a 5th park. The vacation policy of General Motors, Bank of America or any company is a non issue.
Why do people take 7 day vacations?

Do the math

You really have waded into the soup in the last 24 hours…I give you credit for the gusto 👍🏻

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
LOL! Of course the major expense is the content. But the typical business costs are indeed a major expense. Your lack of knowledge of what is involved in operating a streaming business is showing.

Ahhhh…I see now…the “I know” routine…

So are you:
1. Running peacock?
2. Running HBO Max?
3. Working a shift at Disneyland stroller rental?

Gotta be one of the 3…so definitive.

I’ll believe you when the street cred is established…but you have an uphill battle after the whiff on the park dynamics in Florida.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
So much wisdom coming my way. o_O:rolleyes:
Well we had to strip it down (multiple people…and there are hundreds if not thousands more here who know) and explain it. I have alot of fun actual factoids about the customers to wdw that dates to decades ago that are still in effect today…but ya gotta earn it. 😎

plutofan15

Well we had to strip it down (multiple people…and there are hundreds if not thousands more here who know) and explain it. I have alot of fun actual factoids about the customers to wdw that dates to decades ago that are still in effect today…but ya gotta earn it. 😎
How exactly did you earn it? That question still has not been answered.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
What does this even mean? Nobody ever asked why do people take seven day vacations. Why do people take 3,5,7,10,14 day vacations??????
You’re just not following the subtext

Ok…against my better judgement…

By 1998 the average wdw trip was around 5.8/9 days…with 3 parks.
Eisner, Inc. Built animal kingdom on the premise of a sizeable bump in that number…
By 1999…what did they find? It had risen to 6.8…

Several billions of dollars in Infrastructure and development and 15,000 new employees…
…for one day.

So what happened?
Do you want to guess or should I tell you?

UNCgolf

Disney Fans: We need a 5th park!
Also Disney Fans at DAK at 11:30AM: Ok we did everything, let's leave!
Also Disney Fans at DHS at 11:30AM: Everything is broken!

I love the enthusiasm behind a 5th park... but current parks are desperate for overhauls/rethemes/expansions. Until DAK can successfully keep guests until 8-9PM daily like DHS/Epcot... we have ways to go before a 5th park ever happens.

Some of that is relative -- I can spend a full day (or at least close to one) at DAK but would struggle to spend more than 5 or 6 hours at current DHS.

Regardless, yes. I do not understand why so many people clamor for a 5th park when EPCOT still needs work, DAK needs more attractions, and DHS needs... well... basically everything.

jpinkc

I wont believe they will put MSEP back at WDW til I am standing on Main Street seeing it. They ("The Leadership") dont want a Night Parade at WDW. Hell they dont want to add a New Attraction unless they can remove one, to replace it with one, in the same building with the cheapest cash layout possible. That big "SPENDING" at domestic parks is mostly just for upkeep, and maybe if we are lucky some MINOR refurbishment of some of the things they have let COLLAPSE!!!

plutofan15

You’re just not following the subtext

Ok…against my better judgement…

By 1998 the average wdw trip was around 5.8/9 days…with 3 parks.
Eisner, Inc. Built animal kingdom on the premise of a sizeable bump in that number…
By 1999…what did they find? It had risen to 6.8…

Several billions of dollars in Infrastructure and development and 15,000 new employees…
…for one day.

So what happened?
Do you want to guess or should I tell you?
Thanks for stating the obvious. Your original post was as clear as mud.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom