USA Disney Park 2024 Projects Thread

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It took them 4 years to open a water feature. I can't even imagine how long it would take for an entire new park.
They don't need to rush when a project is within a park that is already making money.

But a new park? Nothing being built for a new park makes money until the park opens, so, there's a rush to open it.

That's why new hotels/DVC get built so speedily. Those projects have nothing but expenses, and no revenue. So, they get built fast to start bringing in income.

SoFloMagic

They don't need to rush when a project is within a park that is already making money.

But a new park? Nothing being built for a new park makes money until the park opens, so, there's a rush to open it.

That's why new hotels/DVC get built so speedily. Those projects have nothing but expenses, and no revenue. So, they get built fast to start bringing in income.
They call that the old "let's leave walls up for half a decade so four years of guests all see them and feel they need to return to see the finished area" marketing strategy. I learned about that one in business school.

ToTBellHop

Searching for all that 2024 WDW excitement like
1704375037951.gif

WorldExplorer

They can always announce they're THINKING about stuff to combat Universal.

Preferably with bad ideas, to keep the tradition alive.

"Our Imagineers are excited to be making some offhand comments about Tiana World!"

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
They can always announce they're THINKING about stuff to combat Universal.

Preferably with bad ideas, to keep the tradition alive.

"Our Imagineers are excited to be making some offhand comments about Tiana World!"
that's what D23 is for now

"look at what we sketched and colored!"

Indy_UK

I know people don't believe it, but I really don't think Disney care about Universal. This will be Universal Orlandos 3rd park (don't tell me VB is a theme park) against Disneys 4 parks, so in their head, they are already ahead.

These land expansions should be much easier to get off the ground but it just looks like they don't want to spend any money at WDW for now and priority is the International parks.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I know people don't believe it, but I really don't think Disney care about Universal. This will be Universal Orlandos 3rd park (don't tell me VB is a theme park) against Disneys 4 parks, so in their head, they are already ahead.

These land expansions should be much easier to get off the ground but it just looks like they don't want to spend any money at WDW for now and priority is the International parks.
Of course they don't. They've been bilked by Bob and his unwavering belief in Blue Ocean for 17 years.

Disney has plans to spend plenty of money in the swamps. It's just "in the latter half of the next decade", remember? Bob & Josh told us so.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Just trying to compile a list of some of the bigger projects set to open in 2024 acroos all 6 US parks starting with the ca parks...

CA resort wise
New Downtown Disney expansions with multiple shops/food
Pixar Hotel retheme

DL

Tianas Bayou Adventure retheme of SM
Haunted Mansion Gift shop/que
ToonTown Donald/Splash Pad area
Droids in GE
New Missions for Star Tours

CA
New show at Hyperion

FL resort wise
Polynesian Hotel expansion
Cake shop on Boardwalk

MK
Tianas Bayou Adventure retheme of SM
DVC Lounge
Pirates Bar
Country Bear Jamboree refurb

DHS
New Little Mermaid show
Woodys Lunchbox Expansion in TSL

Epcot
Communicore Plaza
Kiosk area beside Imagination Pavilion

AK

Zootopia Show replacing Bugs Life

That’s pathetic…and I’m even sure they’ve claimed 2024 for some of them

Can they throw in hot cheese dispensers?

Wait…you want hot cheese IN the bathrooms?

🤔

I LOVE IT!!!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

While Disney general policy is not to care about UOR…
…this is the fist time where a universal project can significantly cut into market share. They do care about that.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Disney will still make a comfortable profit from the Orlando theme parks for years to come, even with EU existing.

Disney is in the last year of a five year project to save their enormous profit from TV (linear content) by having its replacement, i.e., streaming, up and running. If they didn't, then that would truly have fit the definition of 'malfeasance' that so many like to throw around.

The move to streaming required enormous investment and 'loss-leading.' They are on track to profitability in this fiscal year.

So, pouring billions into the Orlando parks to battle EU at the same time wouldn't have been wise. Especially when they're going to be spending about $10B to take full control of Hulu.

But, Disney has told us its plan to spend $60B on parks ($17B in Orlando) in the coming decade. And they can do that, because, starting next year, streaming won't be a loss-leader any more.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom