US Cinemas Are Reopening Slowly.

brodie999

Original Poster
I know I never told you this. But I'm from Australia and our government made an arrangement to provide free vaccines for everyone here 5 days ago. If trials go well, the US could have free vaccines too. And maybe even the whole world afterward.

Archie123

I know I never told you this. But I'm from Australia and our government made an arrangement to provide free vaccines for everyone here 5 days ago. If trials go well, the US could have free vaccines too. And maybe even the whole world afterward.

I am assuming you are talking about when a vaccine is found? And that is great for the people of Australia but this will never happen in the US. Wish it would but no chance of free vaccines to everyone here.

Wendy Pleakley

I am assuming you are talking about when a vaccine is found? And that is great for the people of Australia but this will never happen in the US. Wish it would but no chance of free vaccines to everyone here.

I believe any vaccine will be readily available to all, and not behind any sort of paywall. The benefits and cost of a vaccine should easily outweigh the costs of COVID continuing.

I'm more concerned with the number of people opposed to vaccination.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Not sure why this is in this thread. But all it takes is the political will, just like what was done for the Polio vaccine.

And based on the recent buys the US government did with the Pharma companies I expect it to be free to most if not all in the US.

Archie123

Not sure why this is in this thread. But all it takes is the political will, just like what was done for the Polio vaccine.

And based on the recent buys the US government did with the Pharma companies I expect it to be free to most if not all in the US.

I didn’t say it couldn’t happen but it won’t. Times have changed dramatically between when polio was with us and now. And I only responded to the OP. He made it seem that Australia already has a vaccine.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I didn’t say it couldn’t happen but it won’t. Times have changed dramatically between when polio was with us and now. And I only responded to the OP. He made it seem that Australia already has a vaccine.
They don't already have the vaccine. They did exactly what the US and other countries did which was to pre-purchase potential doses from one of the Pharma companies, in this case AstraZeneca:

The US did the same thing with Pfizer, and several other companies for a total of over 400 Million doses. So the US will be giving it out for free also.

Archie123

They don't already have the vaccine. They did exactly what the US and other countries did which was to pre-purchase potential doses from one of the Pharma companies, in this case AstraZeneca:

The US did the same thing with Pfizer, and several other companies for a total of over 400 Million doses. So the US will be giving it out for free also.

Lol. I guess we will see whenever a vaccine is found, tested, and mass produced.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Lol. I guess we will see whenever a vaccine is found, tested, and mass produced.
I guess you haven't really been paying attention then to the vaccine news. Because there quite a few in various stages of trials now. Including 8 very promising candidates in Phase 3, which could be approved before the end of the year.

You can track the progress here:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/science/coronavirus-vaccine-tracker.html

And as was pointed out already the US plans to give it out for FREE when its ready:

Archie123

I guess you haven't really been paying attention then to the vaccine news. Because there quite a few in various stages of trials now. Including 8 very promising candidates in Phase 3, which could be approved before the end of the year.

You can track the progress here:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/science/coronavirus-vaccine-tracker.html

And as was pointed out already the US plans to give it out for FREE when its ready:

I read many articles just like you. I also know that there is along road to when a vaccine is discovered and all the trials and testing it takes to it can go to market. It is not a fast process no matter how much we want it. Maybe you missed important fact in your articles. ;) And while I expect that the vaccine will be free for those who cannot afford it it won’t be free for everyone.

Anyways, back to our regularly scheduled thread about movie theaters reopening.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I read many articles just like you. I also know that there is along road to when a vaccine is discovered and all the trials and testing it takes to it can go to market. It is not a fast process no matter how much we want it. Maybe you missed important fact in your articles. ;) And while I expect that the vaccine will be free for those who cannot afford it it won’t be free for everyone.

Anyways, back to our regularly scheduled thread about movie theaters reopening.
Except this is not your normal vaccine being developed. Its going at a faster pace then every other vaccine before it. Again we'll see what happens, but the expectation at this point is that one or more will be approved for use before the end of the year. As for free versus not, it'll be covered by in insurance for those that have it and completely free for those that don't have insurance.

Tony Perkis

I believe any vaccine will be readily available to all, and not behind any sort of paywall. The benefits and cost of a vaccine should easily outweigh the costs of COVID continuing.

I'm more concerned with the number of people opposed to vaccination.

If only there weren’t people who shouldn’t be talking about vaccines talking about vaccines.

brodie999

Original Poster
And I'm telling the truth. The government made a deal with Oxford University to make a free vaccine for everyone in Australia. I'm not saying it's ready, I'm just saying the free vaccine's already in trials.

Archie123

And I'm telling the truth. The government made a deal with Oxford University to make a free vaccine for everyone in Australia. I'm not saying it's ready, I'm just saying the free vaccine's already in trials.

Oh I believe you about the free vaccines for Australia. I just don't think a vaccine will be coming out this year anywhere but when it does I am glad Australia is making it available for everyone.

Tony Perkis

Oh you’re one of those people that believes in “science”. That’s so 2019.
Whoa_bcgxiv.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom