Upset with Epcot and the Land

Status
Not open for further replies.

gallolp

Original Poster
Last week while visiting Epcot, my 3 year old daughter fell asleep, we were going into Soaring and the disney people at the Land would not allow my wife to bring her stroller into the Land, at the same time, she ask why those in the electric chairs where allowed to sit in the Lobby and wait for their families, she received no answers and was told to leave. She felt discriminated against and it is a disgrace that those who utilize these chairs were able to get in the land, but my wife with a sleeping child could not!!!! I could understand if these people were disable, but these people were just overweight.

Brian_B

You must understand that it is very hard to tell if a guest using an ECV is merely uncomfortable with walking, or is actually disabled. Unless you are a doctor I don't think you can make that sort of judgement accurately. Disney CMs cannot make judgements regarding guests with possible handicaps. Additionally, there are about 10 times the amount of guests using strollers in any park at any given time than there are guests using ECVs. If the CMs did not use discretion there would be no getting through the place at all. I'm extremely sorry you were made to feel bad, though. That's not what disney world's all about. :( Why did they ask her to leave?

- Brian

gallolp

Original Poster
they told her that she could not bring in my daughter in the stroller, even though she was sleeping and would only be sitting by the entrance of the Land, Discretion or Non Discretion, it was pretty obvious that most of these people could walk if needed!!!

goofyfan13

gallolp said:
I could understand if these people were disable, but these people were just overweight.

Some people that look overweight actually have knee problems or leg problems that prevent them from walking long distances or even at all. But I'm sorry that you felt that you were discriminated against, but policy is policy, the CM's were just doing their job, they don't make the rules, they have to enforce them. I have never once seen a stroller in The Land though, so that policy has been there for a while. The fact is, if you let everyone in with wheelchairs and everyone with strollers, The Land would be a stroller/wheelchair gridlock. It would be like Fantasyland was but indoors. So I'm guessing that Disney chose to let the people who can't walk in and keep the strollers out.

goofyfan13

gallolp said:
Discretion or Non Discretion, it was pretty obvious that most of these people could walk if needed!!!

And you have a special power that can see this and I don't?

gallolp

Original Poster
If you were there, you would understand what I am talking about, it was disgraceful what they did and very unfair, it would be very easy for the CM to explain to someone else if they were asked why a stroller was inside.

Tigger1988

For some people being overweight is disabling. Like someone else mentioned the knee strain among various other things. How do you know those people didn't have diabetes and had problems with their feet resulting in them being unable to walk. The land gets very crowded and bottle necked...strollers make that even worse.

Testtrack321

gallolp said:
If you were there, you would understand what I am talking about, it was disgraceful what they did and very unfair, it would be very easy for the CM to explain to someone else if they were asked why a stroller was inside.

Instead of taking it out on the CM, why not next time ask to talk to the attraction mananger? They usually will explain why better than the CMs and if you persist (but still not be an a____________) they will bend the rules, or help you out.

imagineer99

gallolp said:
Last week while visiting Epcot, my 3 year old daughter fell asleep, we were going into Soaring and the disney people at the Land would not allow my wife to bring her stroller into the Land, at the same time, she ask why those in the electric chairs where allowed to sit in the Lobby and wait for their families, she received no answers and was told to leave. She felt discriminated against and it is a disgrace that those who utilize these chairs were able to get in the land, but my wife with a sleeping child could not!!!! I could understand if these people were disable, but these people were just overweight.

SOMEBODY CALL THE WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMBULANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

goofyfan13

gallolp said:

Your not the only one who has probobly ever experienced this. Rules are rules. I don't see following them unfair at all, why exactly should you be an exception to their rules?

Tigger1988

bruiser659 said:
Just come back later,I dont understand why people have to wine about everything.GROW UP!

exactly, plus the Land is packed now...last thing you need is a stroller running over your ankles when you can barely move

speck76

gallolp said:

It is probably ADA related......a kid does not need a stroller, but a guest may not be able to walk on their own.

Besides, if your child is sleeping, perhaps it is time to return to the hotel for a few hours.

GrandFloridian1

Be thankful that your family is alive, safe and not going through what the people of Louisiana and Mississippi are going through. Where your stroller is allowed and not allowed is miniscule compared to the victims of this recent tragedy.

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
I don't want a stroller ripping my ankles to shreds while the parents look at me like am crazy. You will get no sympathy here. :drevil:

Slipknot

gallolp said:

Cry me a river. You, sir, need to grow up and fast. NO STROLLERS MEANS NO STROLLERS!!! I don't care if you are the President of the United States or the Queen of England, you don't have a reason for Disney to be bending the rules just because you want them to. :rolleyes: What is wrong with just picking your daughter up out of her stroller and holding her? :brick: Or do you just feel so privilaged that you shouldn't be bothered by such thoughts?? And I am sorry that you feel that the people in the motorized chairs seemed to be just overweight, but did you actually talk to any of them? I doubt it. Just because you look at someone who seems fit as a fiddle, doesn't mean they are.

Tigger1988

gallolp said:
Talk about whinning, you would think from the responses, that you own the LAND!!!

Not exactly...just because we don't strollers running us down in a crowded room we own the Land?...Stroller bound kids can walk...those in wheelchairs and electronic devices can not...Disney would obviously save room for those who actually need it...either take your child back to the room for a nap or wake her up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom