Upset with Epcot and the Land

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timmay

#2. Saying that speeding is the same thing as thinking you're above the rules. lol WOW. This idiotic statement almost reaches a new realm of stupidity. No response is needed here. The initial statement is an automatic disqualification of any CHANCE of being correct.

LOL, whatever..

wait you are right, simple disregard for a law is NOT the same thing as thinking you are above the rules...it's a thousand times worse. You have chosen to ignore a rule, or law, that is in place for safety reasons and even though you will pay the penalty if caught, you don't want to get caught, because nobody speeds with the intention of getting pulled over...so in fact you are "breaking a rule" and hoping to get away with it. This guy didn't understand the rule and questioned it, I don't see where his questioning it or not understanding it can be as bad...so see, you were right about it not being the same.

Now, as for the other comments...

Did you once again notice the lack of brain power used to back up an argument...instead they resort to name calling and insults. No response indeed, because you dont have one, it's just easier to insult people and get laughs. No attempt to say WHY I was "Idiotic" or "Stupid", no doubt the ansewr will be ..."well, BECAUSE" :brick:

Look, the guy overreacted about the stroller stuff, can't you all take a breath and stop beating on the guy...he was wrong...but we have all been wrong before and thought we were in the right when we weren't...and if you say that isn't the case...then you are just plain not telling the truth.

Empress Room

gallolp said:
I could understand if these people were disable[d], but these people were just overweight.

Under the Americans With Disabilities Act and most state disability statutues, obesity can be a "disability" if it affects one or more life activities and those people are therefore in a protected class (it is a complicated analysis, very fact-based). Because of this, the statute(s) mandate that these individuals be given equal access to public places as an accommodation - hence the use of emvs (i.e. amigos) in WDW's pavillions. Having CMs refuse access to individuals who just "appeared overweight" or may be ambulatory could result in a disability lawsuit.

(Sleeping) children in strollers, however, are not protected by the Act and are not in any protected category of which I am aware. Therefore, even though it appeared to you that the CM was being rude to your wife by making the distinction between allowing emvs in the pavillion and not allowing your stroller (and even though it appears as if the two are the same) from a legal perspective, they couldn't be any more different.

Having said that, how the CM delivered the message could have been a tad more tactful...or at least "magical..."

MouseMadness

Empress Room said:
Having said that, how the CM delivered the message could have been a tad more tactful...or at least "magical..."

I think that should be the biggest issue right there, as far as we are concerned. :) We can't expect them to change their rules for us, but we can demand the magic that we've come to expect. (And pay out the nose for :lookaroun ) At the same time, we need to be respectful of the cm's. :wave: (sorry if somebody said this already... I read the first four posts, and this one :lol: )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom