Upgrading a Free Dining Plan

jpm46

Has anyone every upgraded the Quick Service Dining plan that they got for free to the Regular Table Service Plan? I know it can be done, but am I correct in assuming you would just pay the difference between the two? We're checking in Nov. 3 so its not a Peak dining season. The full prices I have found are $34.99for Quick Service and $45.99 for Regular Dining Plan.

So could we just keep our Pop Century Resort package and upgrade our Free Quick Service Dining Plan to the Regular Plan for $11 per person per night?

BigRedDad

That's correct. I am not sure how it all worked out for DD and I. I upgraded from the free QSDP to the DDP. It was just over $60 for the 6 nights for the two of us.

Upvote 0

Justdrew

I have done it before. You just pay the difference. You are also able to upgrade 3 days before your arrival date. I recently upgraded for my nephew on his latest trip and he had no problems.

Upvote 0

disneygirl1

Yep! I did it for the trip I just came home from last week. You are correct you pay the difference between the 2 plans for the length of your stay. Definitely think it is worth it. I think for the 3 of us to upgrade for the week (2 adults, 1 child) was like an extra $100 tops. Seemed like a no brainer to me to upgrade.

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

I have done it before. You just pay the difference. You are also able to upgrade 3 days before your arrival date. I recently upgraded for my nephew on his latest trip and he had no problems.

Important point: If you want to upgrade, you are supposed to do so NO LATER THAN 3 days before arriving. So if you know you want it, don't put it off until the last minute.

Upvote 0

Finallyin09

Upgrade

Both in 09 and for our trip this year in november they offered free dining after my tril was booked. Callec and got free dining but just paid the difference from quick service to reg. Dining plan. In 09 we kept our deluxe too much food so just reg. This year.

Upvote 0

Rob562

How much, per day, does it cost to upgrade from the regular dining plan to the deluxe dining plan?

$33 per person per day, to upgrade from the regular Dining Plan to the Deluxe.
You'll have to do some caluclations to see if the extra food is worth it for your group's dining style.

When I worked it out for my group a year or two ago, it was pretty much a break-even situation, where the extra food we got was equal to the extra money we would've paid. And that was calculated with us going to a 2-credit dinner virtually every night, using a snack credit (or two) for breakfast, and at least half of our lunches being table service.

-Rob

Upvote 0

jpm46

Original Poster
Yep! I did it for the trip I just came home from last week. You are correct you pay the difference between the 2 plans for the length of your stay. Definitely think it is worth it. I think for the 3 of us to upgrade for the week (2 adults, 1 child) was like an extra $100 tops. Seemed like a no brainer to me to upgrade.

It had to be more than $100 though, right?

Adults: $34.99 -> $45.99 (+ $11)
Child: $11.99 -> $11.99 (never realized there's no price difference for kids)

$11 x 2 Adults x 6 or 7 nights = $132 or $154 + tax(?)

Upvote 0

jpm46

Original Poster
That's correct. I am not sure how it all worked out for DD and I. I upgraded from the free QSDP to the DDP. It was just over $60 for the 6 nights for the two of us.

Same here...HAD to be more than $60.

Adults: $34.99 -> $45.99 (+ $11)

$11 x 2 Adults x 6 nights = $132 + tax(?)

I think it'll be worth it for us, since we like the table service meals, but its not necessarily a no brainer.

Upvote 0

Medic77

We upgraded from Regular DDP to Deluxe DDP for our trip next week. Regular was free, we paid $1090 (3 "adults", 1 child) exactly for a 10-day upgrade. For us, several of our dining selections were 2 TS meal credits, so we save a significant amount of money. We'll see how it goes!

Upvote 0

Huglife

I wasn't aware you could do this. After reading this we switched from a Fort Wilderness Cabin to two rooms at POP and upgraded the dining plan and saved almost $600!!!...and got an extra bathroom.:D

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom