Upgrade!

Missymoe4

When checking in this morning at Coronado, the cast member brought up our reservation and I knew something was up because her face turned and she called over the supervisor/manager. The cm pointed at the computer and told the manageer to 'look' at whatever was written on the computer. The manager told the cm that she would explain that note to her later.

The cm then started to tell us that set for the Cabanas section of the resort. We requested Casitas and we really did not want Cabanas for several reasons. Plus, since we are staying for 13 nights we wanted a room that was more to our liking. I totally understand that a request is just that...a request. However, the supervisor kept apologizing to us and a then another lady popped out from in back saying that they are booked solid and that she called the Wilderness Lodge and set us up there if we would like. Of course we took it!! Disney set us up with their shuttle and took us straight over to the Wilderness.

So, although we are totally stoked about our upgrade, we were wondering what could have been written on that computer screen to prompt a 'I'll explain later comment'? I know my fellow wdwmagic friends may be in the 'know'.

Vader2112

That is Great. Glad to hear you were upgraded to the Wilderness Lodge. Not sure what that screen could have said. Did you request an ADA Accessable Room? What did the lady wo popped out of the back look like? If it is the same lady that took care of me on a trip there I would not be surprised.
PS like your quote...

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
When checking in this morning at Coronado, the cast member brought up our reservation and I knew something was up because her face turned and she called over the supervisor/manager. The cm pointed at the computer and told the manageer to 'look' at whatever was written on the computer. The manager told the cm that she would explain that note to her later.

The cm then started to tell us that set for the Cabanas section of the resort. We requested Casitas and we really did not want Cabanas for several reasons. Plus, since we are staying for 13 nights we wanted a room that was more to our liking. I totally understand that a request is just that...a request. However, the supervisor kept apologizing to us and a then another lady popped out from in back saying that they are booked solid and that she called the Wilderness Lodge and set us up there if we would like. Of course we took it!! Disney set us up with their shuttle and took us straight over to the Wilderness.

So, although we are totally stoked about our upgrade, we were wondering what could have been written on that computer screen to prompt a 'I'll explain later comment'? I know my fellow wdwmagic friends may be in the 'know'.

WOOZA! That is SO awesome! What an amazing way to start your trip! I wonder what it could have said? Did you give any more info when you requested the area you wanted? Like the reason why?

Upvote 0

mousefreak

Congrats on the upgrade! We stayed at Coronado last September in Casitas building 5 and loved it. We didn't request Casitas, but glad we got it.

Did you have any more requests that they may not have able to fulfill?

Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

What an amazing surprise!!! I would have been floored to be upgraded to the WL for 13 nights!! Hope you have a magical trip.. although, I know you will since it started off so magical already! :)

Upvote 0

CaptainShortty

Glad you're enjoying your upgraded room! Thanks for helping us out in taking it! The "magic words" were to call a manager because you had been flagged as a "walk" room. The hotel was oversold tonight and when that happens certain reservations get comp upgraded to make enough room. Although it doesn't happen often, walking is a rather common practice both at WDW and at hotels across the globe. We're sorry to see you go but hope you really enjoy Wilderness Lodge!

Upvote 0

luv

Glad you're enjoying your upgraded room! Thanks for helping us out in taking it! The "magic words" were to call a manager because you had been flagged as a "walk" room. The hotel was oversold tonight and when that happens certain reservations get comp upgraded to make enough room. Although it doesn't happen often, walking is a rather common practice both at WDW and at hotels across the globe. We're sorry to see you go but hope you really enjoy Wilderness Lodge!
That's what I was thinking, too. You probably got walked.

They once told me they were upgrading me to Club Level, which I politely turned down. I was then told (in different words) that I had to take the Club Level room or get walked. I was tired and took the room, lol.

I think many of their upgrades are walks. Disney is so lucky to be able to walk people and have the customers thanking them for it!

Upvote 0

CaptainShortty

That's what I was thinking, too. You probably got walked.

They once told me they were upgrading me to Club Level, which I politely turned down. I was then told (in different words) that I had to take the Club Level room or get walked. I was tired and took the room, lol.

I think many of their upgrades are walks. Disney is so lucky to be able to walk people and have the customers thanking them for it!

Yup, you'd be correct! haha. Just as a curiosity since we were discussing it at work, any reason WHY you would turn down the comp upgrade? We had it happen to us last night and were curious why someone would turn it down. And as far as the upgrades, not all of them have to do with walks but a decent amount of the time when an upgrade is as substantial as that it is because of a walk.

Upvote 0

tink65

Whoo Hooo! Congrats on that upgrade! I would love for that to happen to us! We are booked at POR and as much as I love it there, I'd gladly move over to WL! Enjoy your stay!

Upvote 0

acollins876

Does anyone think NOT doing online check-in could, in any way, increase the chance of an upgrade like this? We're going with a group of 9 on three bookings that are linked together.

Upvote 0

Nemo14

I'd say the odds of an upgrade with a group that size are slim, whether or not you do online check-in. Never expect or anticipate an upgrade. Book what you can afford, and be content with that. If you happen to be upgraded, then it's a wonderful surprise. If you book with the hope of being upgraded, you're just setting yourself up for disappointment. JMHO

Upvote 0

luv

Yup, you'd be correct! haha. Just as a curiosity since we were discussing it at work, any reason WHY you would turn down the comp upgrade? We had it happen to us last night and were curious why someone would turn it down. And as far as the upgrades, not all of them have to do with walks but a decent amount of the time when an upgrade is as substantial as that it is because of a walk.
If you stay club level, you have to screw around with the key in the elevator. I totally hate that.

The only thing I appreciate about club level is the package delivery to your room and I knew I wasn't doing any real shopping that trip, so I'd have preferred a room that didn't require the elevator-key business.

I was going to suggest that they walk (or "upgrade") someone else. It wasn't late. I'm sure plenty of people would have been pleased as punch to stay club level. It was the afternoon...surely there were plenty of other candidates. But they were politely insistent, so I just took the room. I was tired and I don't like to fight about stuff, anyway.

Every time I had to get the dumb key out to work the elevator, I silently cursed them, though.

Upvote 0

CaptainShortty

If you stay club level, you have to screw around with the key in the elevator. I totally hate that.

The only thing I appreciate about club level is the package delivery to your room and I knew I wasn't doing any real shopping that trip, so I'd have preferred a room that didn't require the elevator-key business.

I was going to suggest that they walk (or "upgrade") someone else. It wasn't late. I'm sure plenty of people would have been pleased as punch to stay club level. It was the afternoon...surely there were plenty of other candidates. But they were politely insistent, so I just took the room. I was tired and I don't like to fight about stuff, anyway.

Every time I had to get the dumb key out to work the elevator, I silently cursed them, though.

Ah ok, thanks for the insight.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom