Upgrade Regret

fbp

Another resort choosing question (thanks for your patience):

Has anyone who usually stays at a value resort upgraded to a moderate for a trip and regretted it?

We generally stay at the values, because we don't spend a whole lot of time at our resort when in WDW and enjoy the over the top theming. We're on the verge this time of trying a moderate but we keep flip-flopping. What a fun decision to have to make! :)

Thanks in advance!

disneygirl1

We have upgraded quite a few times to a mod after booking a value, this was mainly due to the fact that a discount was offered and it was in the budget to do so. I have to say that I never felt regret for upgrading. Where are you thinking of upgrading to?

Upvote 0

Lucky

The one time we tried a value (Pop) we experienced several problems and were upgraded to Coronado mid-week at no extra charge. We loved Coronado and have gone back to it twice since then.

Upvote 0

WDWmazprty

Not yet. We usually stay at Pop for the kids and economic reasons, and we LOVE Pop! But we;ve upgraded to Coronado and Caribbean Beach before and loved them to. Its an UPgrade, it should be better.

Upvote 0

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Another resort choosing question (thanks for your patience):

Has anyone who usually stays at a value resort upgraded to a moderate for a trip and regretted it?

We generally stay at the values, because we don't spend a whole lot of time at our resort when in WDW and enjoy the over the top theming. We're on the verge this time of trying a moderate but we keep flip-flopping. What a fun decision to have to make! :)

Thanks in advance!

Had only stayed at values, Music, Movies and Pop! With Pop far and away being the best, until last year when we stayed at OKW because of a 45% discount (which we plan to use again next year)

If i really had to id go back to Pop, staying at Pop is better than no wdw, but i will find it really hard! Even as someone who spends very little time at the resort i would seriously miss the huge much more comfortable beds, the massive space (OKW has great sized rooms) and especially the fridge! Great having the fridge and freezer in the room!!

Id love to stay at a few Mods and if it ever works out better for us money wise we wont hesitate to stay at a Mod!!

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Typically no. Once I am there I tend to get caught up in the place and loose quite a bit of my financial responsibility. There are also quite a few intangibles that make a moderate stay a bit better even if you are not at the resort a lot. It is hard to put into words but it just feels nicer, and more elegant.

Just come to the dark side. Before you know it you will not be able to book anything less that club level at the deluxe resorts.:lol:

Upvote 0

andycar

We usually stay at Movies but last year we wanted to try something different so we stayed at POR. It was a very nice resort but, ALOT of walking. My husband and teenage daughter didn't care for it. They wished we would have just stayed at Movies again. To me the Movies does have more of a "Disney" feel to it. When we got back to the room at POR it just seemed like "a motel room". If you would choose POR I would for sure pay the extra $ for a preferred room. I had made a request for a building # and didn't get it and they couldn't move us, now they have the "preferred rooms" to be closer to things.

Upvote 0
We stayed at Movies and Sports in the past and really enjoyed them. Mostly for the same reason you stated: we didnt spend a lot of time at the resort in the first place. And, honestly, all of the resort rooms look the same when you are asleep anyway.

That being said.......we upgraded to CBR on our last trip to take advantage of free dining and we loved it. As long as it fits in our budget, CBR will be our Disney home from now on.

Upvote 0

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Depends on the moderate.

I LOVE Pop Century (at the moment, it's the ony Value I'll stay at), but I also love POFQ and CSR. I wouldn't ever mind upgrading to either of those.

However, the one time I stayed at PORS, instead of Pop, I wished I had stayed at Pop. I didn't love PORS. Too big, and it felt way too much like I was in Colonial Williamsburg. That was the only time I ever regretted the upgrade.

That being said, I've never been unhappy at Pop (and have stayed there more than any other resort).

Upvote 0

gnuts0306

after staying in value resorts the last few years i am beyond excited to be going "home" in september to Caribbean Beach! My absolute favorite resort! But either way, what a terrible choice to have to make huh? lol....happy planning and im sure you will go where your heart takes you!!

Upvote 0

Unibits

IMHO, the best part of the upgrade is that the new resorts tend to be just a little quieter than the value resorts. While the ambience is great at any on property resort, certainly a little quiet ourside of the hustle and bustle of the parts is a great thing.

I find that even with the small amount of time we spend at the resort a quiet walk at dawn or dusk kind of puts a different spin on the magic

We all get different things from our trips to the world. The trick is to find what or where you want to be to make the most out of your trip.

Our last stay at a value resort was both loud and upsetting. Loud kids at all hours of the night as well as the lack of concern for everyone around seemed to do it for me. As a rule from our experience, the moderate resorts seem to have less of these types of issues.

I am not trying to say anything bad about any of the resorts, just an average of the last 9 trips over the last 5 years.

Cheers

Upvote 0

todpatcam

We've vacationed at WDW for the past three years; POR - POP - CBR and this year we are booked for POFQ. We loved POP and it was a favorite of our 8 yr old son as well. We've booked MODs for the upgraded free dining deal. If the free dining is not offered next year, we'll most likely try the All-Sports value resort.

The MODs are nice due to the small upgrades; bigger beds, double sinks, slightly bigger rooms, slides at the pools, and it seems the grounds are a bit nicer.

Either way - you're at Walt Disney World - the greatest place on earth so it's all good!!!! Value or moderate :ROFLOL: Have a great magical vacation. :wave:

Upvote 0

angela02

Typically no. Once I am there I tend to get caught up in the place and loose quite a bit of my financial responsibility. There are also quite a few intangibles that make a moderate stay a bit better even if you are not at the resort a lot. It is hard to put into words but it just feels nicer, and more elegant.

Just come to the dark side. Before you know it you will not be able to book anything less that club level at the deluxe resorts.:lol:

I love this response! It fits so many of us so well.:ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

powlessfamily4

My sister and her husband stayed at Coronado Springs earlier this year. The regretted it, however only because they have a 1, 4, and 6 year old. They wish they had gone for the theming for the kids. It had nothing to do with comfort level.

Upvote 0

accord99cutie

Premium Member
We love CSR, I dont know that I could ever stay at a value since I am just so accustomed to the feel of the mod resorts. We have brought our daughter twice and even though the most recent stay was at PORS she still requests to stay at our first "home in disney". If you do decide to upgrade I don't believe you will regret it one bit! The atmosphere is definitely more relaxing at Moderate resorts and it just gives the vacation a different feel.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom