Updates to the Seas Pavilion

SpaceMountain77

Remember Nemo was done on a shoestring (and had to fight for what it got).

Without it the pavilion may not be here today. I’d like to hope the overlay was a means to an end, a temporary theme that kept the pavilion open until something better comes along.

Temporary. Right?

Having attended professional conferences with comparative psychologists who work or collaborate with Disney's Animals, Science, and Environment team, this was my understanding as well. The Nemo overlay kept The Seas in Epcot.

*Q*

You would think that would have been fast tracked. It is an easy way to insert an IP. Also, it could still promote the original concept of the pavilion. It could actually teach people about marine life.
Plus, they also filmed a bunch of the third season at the pavilion.

trainplane3

Buuuuummmmmppp but relevant. It looks like they're going to be replacing the window surround pieces soon on the main tunnel:
kHULfXD.jpg

EmAnK2L.jpg

ZKChsxQ.jpg

And in the main tank viewing rotunda, they were drilling/sanding what I assume are mounting points for the new theming:
IWarQCp.jpg

The "new" theming:
OIZ5bHt.jpg

sV4nc9j.jpg

@The Mom, can we get this bumped over to the Epcot section please?

Also, why is Coral Reef so bright now? The lighting is so cranked up and you can see how crap the carpet looks now.

Last edited:

ppete1975

Buuuuummmmmppp but relevant. It looks like they're going to be replacing the window surround pieces soon on the main tunnel:
kHULfXD.jpg

EmAnK2L.jpg

ZKChsxQ.jpg

And in the main tank viewing rotunda, they were drilling/sanding what I assume are mounting points for the new theming:
IWarQCp.jpg

The "new" theming:
OIZ5bHt.jpg

sV4nc9j.jpg

@The Mom, can we get this bumped over to the Epcot section please?

Also, why is Coral Reef so bright now? The lighting is so cranked up and you can see how crap the carpet looks now.
so are they smaller windows? I apologize, just not understanding what they are trying to accomplish.
Such a shame what this amazing building has become, but even a bigger shame if they demolish it entirely.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom