Updates to the Seas Pavilion

V_L_Raptor

Hopefully that entails a final fix for the Anglerfish. That’s such a waste of a great effect. It’s the only worthy show scene in the entire ride. (When working)

Which, to be clear, is an overwrought hand puppet secured to the end of a Kuka arm.

It might be the only worthy show scene, but these animatronics, they ain't what they used to be...

BoarderPhreak

Your joking?
Sadly, no. No water in sight. Just three lonely seagulls in the parching heat.

Though I don't see any water in this old photo... Was I imagining it all this time?

L1008745.jpg

CaptainAmerica

Hopefully that entails a final fix for the Anglerfish. That’s such a waste of a great effect. It’s the only worthy show scene in the entire ride. (When working)
Is he broken? He was working in March, at least I think he was. He was flying all around. His blacklight could have used some adjusting, as you could see the arm, but he seemed to have a full range of motion.

V_L_Raptor

On a completely different note, I'd like to see them build one of those land-based salmon farms and run tours. Maybe they could also run tours of their PV farm too? And hey, why not build a "Sun" pavilion built around a small concentrated solar facility. You could even call this new pavilion the Universe of Energy or something like that. :)

At one time, both Land and Living Seas were research stations in their own right, although the research angle was much more prominently displayed at Land. While their staff and facilities might still be useful to the wider research community, the truth is, a lot of researchers nowadays can find easier ways to study what they're interested in without having to haul to and from the Mouse's labs. At a higher end university, a researcher's startup budget could cover costs related to building apparatus like the anti-gravity spinner. If not, there's always room for interdisciplinary grants, and NSF (for one) really likes research with strong Intellectual Merit and Broader Impacts sections. Epcot 8.0 concepts are really good for those kinds of things. I daresay it would take a lot of persuading (and probably additional funding, like, lots of it) to get a research professor to set up shop at Epcot at this point.

Meanwhile at Disney, like so much of Future World, these features became obsolete when management didn't opt for continual updates. They're not even trying to beef up that angle, nor will they for the foreseeable future. It's not as though there's a science and research festival planned to sell beer, after all...

Scuttle

Is he broken? He was working in March, at least I think he was. He was flying all around. His blacklight could have used some adjusting, as you could see the arm, but he seemed to have a full range of motion.
It’s off all the time. I’ve realistically seen it running about 5 out of my past 20 rides.

GlacierGlacier

This anything to take note of? I'd think if it was a true refurb/removal, they'd put actual walls around it.

I feel that user is being a bit over dramatic...

I've been there with curtains in place before. I've also been there when it was so dirty it really should have had curtains in place. I wouldn't worry.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom