Updates on El Rio Del Tiempo

Spaced Out Dude

Original Poster
I heard on Inside the Magic, that El Rio Del Tiempo will recieve a refurbishment for Epcot's 25th. For that the Three Caberleros will be added. At the moment though it still only a rumor.:hammer:

Chape19714

Ya, we've heard some stories on that. Nothing is set though. As a matter of fact, nothing for the 25th is confirmed.

darthjohnny

I doubt it. The 25th anniversary is next year. Nothing has been confirmed. Besides, I believe the Three Caballeros are more South America, specifically Brazil, not Mexico.

animay

I hope they save their money and just leave it be. I enjoy the slow moving out-of-date journey to early 1980s Mexico.

CheersBoston

I definately have to agree. I love the whole feel of the ride. It reminds of what it was like to travel to a tropical local 25 years ago. You didn't go online and book the trip in 10 minutes. It meant going down to your local travel agent, seeing all those posters of foreign destinations, and booking a dream vacation based on cheesy photos and video. The idea of putting the Three Cabelleros into the ride seems to make no sense. That movie is more outdated than the swim up bar in the current ride.

Epcot82Guy

CheersBoston said:
I definately have to agree. I love the whole feel of the ride. It reminds of what it was like to travel to a tropical local 25 years ago. You didn't go online and book the trip in 10 minutes. It meant going down to your local travel agent, seeing all those posters of foreign destinations, and booking a dream vacation based on cheesy photos and video. The idea of putting the Three Cabelleros into the ride seems to make no sense. That movie is more outdated than the swim up bar in the current ride.

I agree. I do think an update to the video sections and perhaps an updated scene (especially the finale) woudl be a nice touch. But, Three Cabs don't fit and, as you noted, are JUST as outdated. Everyone would be saying, "Donald is Mexican?" and trying to figure out who the other two are.

Stitch69

I am not sure if it is true. I have mixed feelings about it. I like the attraction as it is....but I think I could be great with the three Cab too. :veryconfu

GrimmGhosts999

i love the beginnign of the ride....with the volcano and temple....btu then it gets cheesy just after that. I like that ride, but it feels like a "mexican-It's a Small World". Does it not. I think they could update it more.

animay

Lucky said:
What they need to do is dig an underground passage connecting El Rio del Tiempo with Maelstrom....

And create some bizzare hybrid ride?

"Many people don't know that Mexicans are actually Norwegians."

JRawkSteady

Yeah, the Three Cabelleros took place specifically in South America, not Mexico. (except for one scene I believe) I heard this rumor too, but I honeslt think it wouldn't make sense.

Jekyll Baker

darthjohnny said:
I doubt it. The 25th anniversary is next year. Nothing has been confirmed. Besides, I believe the Three Caballeros are more South America, specifically Brazil, not Mexico.

Actually, only Jose Carioca (the green parrot) is Brazilian. Panchito (the red rooster) is Mexican. The movie "Saludos Amigos," which first introduced Carioca, is completely about South America. Whereas "The Three Caballeros," which is a sequel to the former, rejoins Donald and Jose, with their new Mexican friend Panchito, as they tour much of Mexico on a flying serape. So "The Three Caballeros" DOES fit El Rio de Tiempo.

JRawkSteady

Jekyll Baker said:
Actually, only Jose Carioca (the green parrot) is Brazilian. Panchito (the red rooster) is Mexican. The movie "Saludos Amigos," which first introduced Carioca, is completely about South America. Whereas "The Three Caballeros," which is a sequel to the former, rejoins Donald and Jose, with their new Mexican friend Panchito, as they tour much of Mexico on a flying serape. So "The Three Caballeros" DOES fit El Rio de Tiempo.

You know what.. I was thinking of Saludos as well. This has been in the rumor mill for some time, but if they do decide on this , they would have to close down pretty soon, don't you think?

Space Mountain

i like the ride, mostly..its annoying to look at everything and think of small world, but i like the beginning when you go thru the building and everyone can see u. those tvs built into the rocks are cool too.

Chape19714

I still can't figure out how the Animatronics on the right of the boat, near the volcano are so lifelike! It looks like they're actuallly EATING FOOD! pretty impressive! :lol:

DisneyWales

Time

I really Really Really Like This Ride, it always cheers me up. I love the dated look it has, the fact that its all a bit odd and old fashioned is part of its appeal to me.

Because its always so empty it feels liek one of my little treasures, i.e. something not everyone gets to enjoy.

I took my Mum on it in September partly as a joke, and partly for a break, and she loved it, she said it reminded her of what it was like to go on holiday when she was a little younger, (bear in mind my mother complained there wern't enough rollercoasters in Florida, she just as much a ride nut as me).

Strange, sometimes dated attractions can be cool, very cool.

But i wouldnt cry if it did change...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom