Updated rooms are boring!

SamandplanningUK

Original Poster
Has anyone else noticed (with the exception of the Moana themed Poly rooms) that the room updates at various resorts are so BORING! All the imagineering magic seems to have disappeared from the boring wooden floors to the standard furniture. Yes they've added a character themed picture or curtains here and there but I'm just not feeling the magic in these rooms!

wdwfan22

I love the updated rooms and the Grand Floridian. I also thought Yacht Club and Boardwalks new rooms were done well. Saratoga did a great job on enhancing their villas too. Only ones I haven’t cared for are Contemporary and Polynesian. As they are over the top on the character design In my opinion.

Disstevefan1

Has anyone else noticed (with the exception of the Moana themed Poly rooms) that the room updates at various resorts are so BORING! All the imagineering magic seems to have disappeared from the boring wooden floors to the standard furniture. Yes they've added a character themed picture or curtains here and there but I'm just not feeling the magic in these rooms!
I truly believe the "updates" are for cost savings; material costs, maintenance costs, labor costs.

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
The new rooms all are a huge upgrade, at least the ones I've stayed in recently. For example, the new SSR rooms are simply the best. I never understood the nostalgia some have for the gaudy crap the rooms used to be filled with. Then again, I've never been interested in "feeling the magic" in a hotel room. It's merely a place where I shower and sleep. But to each their own.

Club Cooloholic

The new rooms all are a huge upgrade, at least the ones I've stayed in recently. For example, the new SSR rooms are simply the best. I never understood the nostalgia some have for the gaudy crap the rooms used to be filled with. Then again, I've never been interested in "feeling the magic" in a hotel room. It's merely a place where I shower and sleep. But to each their own.
I applaud the new functionality of the the upgrades(floors cleaner, higher beds, the Murphy beds vs couch fold outs), but still feel they could have added more themeing to them. Used to be staying at a disney room was like staying somewhere that you would have trouble recreating at home. Now, it's lots of white...lots framed pictures...very bland

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
I applaud the new functionality of the the upgrades(floors cleaner, higher beds, the Murphy beds vs couch fold outs), but still feel they could have added more themeing to them. Used to be staying at a disney room was like staying somewhere that you would have trouble recreating at home. Now, it's lots of white...lots framed pictures...very bland
I agree they could have added a bit more pizazz in some areas.

drizgirl

The floors are only cleaner if they actually clean them. Otherwise it's much worse.

James Alucobond

I prefer most of the updated rooms, but the Contemporary rooms are horrid and the Wilderness Lodge rooms, while not as bad, are definitely a downgrade. The others to me are decent refreshes. With a few exceptions, the rooms were never all that "themed" to begin with, so I don't really understand the sentiment that theming is being reduced in most of these cases. I think Wilderness Lodge is probably one of the main exceptions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom