Rumor UPDATED: Monorail Hours Cut

Disney Irish

Premium Member
If they are TRULY worried about the summer Heat, than this should be the Notice posted.

Attention Disneyland Guests -

For the health and safety of our Guests and Cast Members. we will stop Monorail Operations if the Outdoor (or Inside) Temperature reaches (insert whatever temperature they feel is proper, 85, 90, 95, etc.) , we will resume operations when the temperature falls under our safety limit.

Thanks for your understanding.
Because wouldn't that mean they'd still have to staff during those hours "just in case" the temperature falls below x. Far better from an operational standpoint to just say we'll shutdown daily from x to x time instead of having Monorail CMs sitting doing nothing "just in case".

shambolicdefending

Because wouldn't that mean they'd still have to staff during those hours "just in case" the temperature falls below x. Far better from an operational standpoint to just say we'll shutdown daily from x to x time instead of having Monorail CMs sitting doing nothing "just in case".

You mean, the planned shutdown may actually have more to do with operational costs than the weather? Feels like you're really out on a limb here...

Disney Irish

Premium Member
You mean, the planned shutdown may actually have more to do with operational costs than the weather? Feels like you're really out on a limb here...
Nope, that is not what I said.

I still do believe this has more to do with heat than cost savings. However from a business sense it would be financially foolish to have CM sitting around doing nothing for hours "just in case" the heat dips below some temp. So if you know the heat index will be higher between x and y times then you shutdown for those times instead of just having CM sitting around waiting "just in case".

Darkbeer1

So let's look at the forecast

The highest tempeture predicted in July is 90 on Monday, July 15th.

Starting July 21st, it is around 88.

On June 10th, the high was 96. Did the Monorail operate all day?

August is 88 or 89, same with September, though in late September it goes down.

If Disneyland wants to give good guest service, especially to their Hotel guests, that pay a higher room rate JUST because Disney owns them, then they should operate the Monorail all day, barring safety issues.

CM's can be transferred to other duties, such as crowd control, etc. Heck, just have themg interact with guests in a friendly manner. Hand them Pin Trading Lanyards, there are Pin Stores near both entrances/exits.

Last edited:

Old Mouseketeer

So let's look at the forecast

The highest tempeture predicted in July is 90 on Monday, July 15th.

Starting July 21st, it is around 88.

On June 10th, the high was 96. Did the Monorail operate all day?

August is 88 or 89, same with September, though in late September it goes down.

If Disneyland wants to give good guest service, especially to their Hotel guests, that pay a higher room rate JUST because Disney owns them, then they should operate the Monorail all day, barring safety issues.

CM's can be transferred to other duties, such as crowd control, etc. Heck, just have themg interact with guests in a friendly manner. Hand them Pin Trading Lanyards, there are Pin Stores near both entrances/exits.

Or maybe they should have invested in air conditioning the f-ing trains (and bought a fourth train) in the first place! They want to sell the convenience of monorail access, but don't want to pay for it.

TrainsOfDisney

I was there early July, there were some warm days. I remember riding the monorail during the day and it seemed fine air flow wise. It was way more bearable than trying to watch the Pixar orchestra perform in direct sunlight with no shade. I love the orchestra but that was painful! Ha.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom