Upcoming/Rumored Projects

Earl Sweatpants

This isn't a big deal so I want to keep it that way, but for the record I wasn't doubting your intelligence. I just thought that you may of not realized what some of the most important parts meant, and that that might be why you didn't like it, but now that you tell me why you didn't like it now I know. Just differing opinions, gives the world depth:) I thought you were like me after Interstellar:confused:
I probably should have just let it go myself, but I sometimes just like to get in my POV for the sake of discussion. If everyone agreed with each other all the time the world would be a boring place. ;) All's well.

mimitchi33

Before I begin, I'm going to just go ahead and assume you have a Bachelor's degree in film studies with an emphasis in screenwriting. Moving on...

For starters, the movie has no tension and therefore no big pay off. What are we to expect? That Joy and Sadness get lost and don't make it back to "head"quarters? Would never happen. In that case, the second they get "lost", its not a question of "will that make it back?" but "how will they get back", and for me at least, that doesn't make for much of a compelling story.
Also, the movie is flawed from its outset. You essentially have only 5 emotions that run a person (not considering a myriad of other essential human emotions), but 4 of those are negative vs 1 positive. Are you trying to inherently say that people are emotionally overruled by negativity? Joy is annoying because she is the only positive person in the brain. You know those "happy for no obvious reason" people that you just want to punch in the face sometimes? That's your main character! And while she does go through a bit of a change through the movie, its pretty strange to have characters that ARE emotions...having the capacity to possess other emotions...Maybe that works for you, but it doesn't work for me because it directly contradicts their very character essence.
Bing Bong stealing memories too is something I can't get past. Why does he start off as such a shady character who might be up to something...only to then save them at the end?
Trust me, I "get" the movie. I get that it wants to tell kids its possible to look back on fond memories with a twist of sadness because you remember the good, but you're sad you can't go back and you have to move on, leave behind imaginary friends, etc. It's all heart-meltingly Pixar-y and ::sigh::....just could have been SO much better.
Its sad when the best part of your movie is the side gags during the end credits.

Look, I get this movie is for kids and therefore shouldn't be as highly scrutinized in some people's minds. But I don't buy the kid's movie "free pass" mentality. A flawed movie is a flawed movie. Are you going to tell me that every movie made "for kids" is not able to be criticized?
Joy isn't annoying. She is just trying to help Riley stay positive. And Bing Bong was not "stealing memories", he was trying to find some good memories in order for Riley to remember him!

admiral-ari-x

A nice PatF boat ride through the Bayou would be nice. I could see the beginning as an animated Pirates and the end could be the big song and riverboat scene (mini Splash-like) after surviving the hijinks and obstacles provided along the way (Dr. F, The witch). However, I don't know where it would belong.

I guess this is the wrong forum for this.

Any talk ever of a PatF ride? Ever?

I always thought about then replacing Tarzan's Treehouse with Mama Odie's treehouse, with all the glasses and crazy magic. Seemed like it could be fun :D I wish that PatF had more recognition in general, overall such a showstopper! Here's to hoping Disney will go back to 2D animation sometime.

rushtest4echo

New job listing:

Disney Professional Internship - Magic Kingdom Project Support Internship - Alumni Only - Spring 2017

The Magic Kingdom Project Team supports the Magic Kingdom Operations Teams and preserves the Guest experience while facilitating construction projects from development through implementation phase. The Magic Kingdom Project Internship will support the Magic Kingdom project team in this endeavor through projects such as the remodel of Adventureland and the Fantasyland expansion.

This opportunity is exclusively for those students who have successfully completed the Disney College Program and would like to take part in a professional role at the Walt Disney World® Resort.

Responsibilities
The candidate should be a motivated self-starter with the ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast paced environment. The day to day schedule will vary depending upon project needs, but could range from administrative duties in the office to walking project sites with clients. *This is not a guest-facing role.

Be a part of an innovative team and culture…
  • Manage projects as assigned and provide required updates to key stakeholders
  • Perform site walks to verify show conditions while maintaining a high level of professionalism
  • Develop presentation materials to report key project details to the team and senior leadership.
  • Maintain & update project photos, schedules, maps and weekly updates
  • Partner with internal and external clients/guests at all levels within the organization
  • Compile and distribute notes from meetings and blueprint document reviews
  • Create and send communication on behalf of the Magic Kingdom Project Team to all park-wide key partners

https://jobs.disneycareers.com/job/...kingdom-project-alumni-only-sp-17/391/2860112

PorterRedkey

It doesn't say that anymore, if it ever did.
"Disney Professional Internship - Magic Kingdom Project Support Internship - Alumni Only - Spring 2017

The Magic Kingdom Project Team supports the Magic Kingdom Operations Teams and preserves the Guest experience while facilitating construction projects from development through implementation phase. The Magic Kingdom Project Internship will support the Magic Kingdom project team in this endeavor through various projects."

huwar18

I always thought about then replacing Tarzan's Treehouse with Mama Odie's treehouse, with all the glasses and crazy magic. Seemed like it could be fun :D I wish that PatF had more recognition in general, overall such a showstopper! Here's to hoping Disney will go back to 2D animation sometime.

I wish Princess and the Frog had a bigger presence in the park. I would love to see Mama Odie in the park or in an attraction.

Cesar R M

8.3 on IMDB with almost 360,000 votes disagrees....
unfortunately, IMDB is a terrible choice about voting.
Many low level movies have the tendency of hiring "bots" to inflate their movies.
Not the first time I've seen movies where their aggregate was really less than 2.. and the bots made it look like they had a 8 in imdb.
Id take rottentomatoes above IMDB lately.

anyway Inside out was definitively above average. on par with the Pixar standard.

unfortunately, IMDB is a terrible choice about voting.
Many low level movies have the tendency of hiring "bots" to inflate their movies.
Not the first time I've seen movies where their aggregate was really less than 2.. and the bots made it look like they had a 8 in imdb.
Id take rottentomatoes above IMDB lately.

anyway Inside out was definitively above average. on par with the Pixar standard.

I would hardly classify Inside Out as a "Low level movie" - If you wouldn't either, then your point makes no sense. Inside Out was not inflated - It was very well written and made, and well received. Not my favorite Pixar movie, but certainly not a "miss" either.

Cesar R M

I would hardly classify Inside Out as a "Low level movie" - If you wouldn't either, then your point makes no sense. Inside Out was not inflated - It was very well written and made, and well received. Not my favorite Pixar movie, but certainly not a "miss" either.
I dont think you get my point. Regardless if its a low level movie or top. IMDB has been found FLAWED and exploited by voting bots.

WildcatDen

Not sure how much traction this will get, but I am hearing to keep an eye on Dino-Rama at AK. . . Possibly the entire DinoLand area. Some heads seem to be saying that Pandora is sufficient to be AK's contribution to the 50th while others are thinking a bit bigger. Since this is the paramount thread for upcoming/rumored projects, I thought this was a good place to put this. On a scale of 1 to 10 for probability, I am being told 3-ish, but there is some movement.

Flippin'Flounder

Not sure how much traction this will get, but I am hearing to keep an eye on Dino-Rama at AK. . . Possibly the entire DinoLand area. Some heads seem to be saying that Pandora is sufficient to be AK's contribution to the 50th while others are thinking a bit bigger. Since this is the paramount thread for upcoming/rumored projects, I thought this was a good place to put this. On a scale of 1 to 10 for probability, I am being told 3-ish, but there is some movement.
Good riddance.

roj2323

I wouldn't be suprised one bit if this was in the works as that's the one area of the park that's universally hated by everyone over the age of 7. That said this sounds like a project that will not happen until probably 2019 or so.

AEfx

Inside Out was boring and absolutely lacked a reason to keep watching. Wasted movie ticket purchase.

It was mildly entertaining but what I didn't like about it was many of the messages it sent kids - and probably some adults - just by its anti-personal responsibility premise.

Goofyernmost

It was mildly entertaining but what I didn't like about it was many of the messages it sent kids - and probably some adults - just by its anti-personal responsibility premise.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but, are you implying that emotions do not exist and if they do we all can control them 100% of the time? That would be a dead person in my opinion. Imagine that just when you find a way to control emotions you up and die. Isn't it better to understand, even in cartoon form, that emotions exist and therefore, perhaps, there is something that can be done to keep them in control then to just deny their existence and keep the old stiff upper lip even though we don't know why or what we are feeling?

Earl Sweatpants

Correct me if I'm wrong, but, are you implying that emotions do not exist and if they do we all can control them 100% of the time? That would be a dead person in my opinion. Imagine that just when you find a way to control emotions you up and die. Isn't it better to understand, even in cartoon form, that emotions exist and therefore, perhaps, there is something that can be done to keep them in control then to just deny their existence and keep the old stiff upper lip even though we don't know why or what we are feeling?
I may be wrong, but I think that they are implying that the movie's premise is that we are "controlled" by our emotions, therefore we eliminate personal responsibility for our actions. "Why did you break that lamp?" "My anger made me do it." Obviously emotions exist and we sometimes have no control over when and how they express themselves. But I think the person took exception to the notion that its strictly independent emotions that control a person. Where is the presence of Riley's logic or reasoning?

Goofyernmost

I may be wrong, but I think that they are implying that the movie's premise is that we are "controlled" by our emotions, therefore we eliminate personal responsibility for our actions. "Why did you break that lamp?" "My anger made me do it." Obviously emotions exist and we sometimes have no control over when and how they express themselves. But I think the person took exception to the notion that its strictly independent emotions that control a person. Where is the presence of Riley's logic or reasoning?
Maybe so, but, wouldn't that imply that one has to control their anger because it didn't say that it was alright to break the lamp for whatever the reason. Just that it happened because of it. I don't see where it in anyway says that it's OK because you were angry. It, however, was why it happened because we weren't controlling those emotions. We still have to find a way to control our emotions. I see no give away in this story line. There is a saying that goes along with all that. It is... That may be the reason, but, it is not an excuse for it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom