Upcoming/Rumored Projects

Variable

The queue at Indy better, inside and outside. The story at Dino a little too goofy - the narration talks too much trying to drive up the excitement and danger.

My vote is Indy.

KingOfEpicocity

I find Dino more satisfying. Indy has a great atmosphere, but nothing to keep my attention. Dino is the other way around. Plus it boasts the best large scale AAs ever made. I love indy as well but dino has always been my favorite.

Steel City Magic

I just came back from Disney SEA... their Indy was fantastic (even if it was crystal skull). Also Raging Spirits is everything that I want in the Excavator coaster, truly great themeing and all around great ride.

Bill Cipher

In the Parks
Yes
Looks like there is a lot more that can be added. Of course they are still rumors and nothing confirmed
Great Mickey Ride - HS/Chinese Theater
Wreck it Ralph - MK/Tomorrowland
Inside Out - Epcot/imagination
Guardians or the Galaxy - Epcot/Energy
New Toy Storyland possibly getting something else
I haven't read these forums for a little while but did someone with inside info actually say anything about Inside Out at Imagination or TSL getting something else or are they still just rumblings? If someone actually said something can you point me in the right direction to find it?
Edit: After typing that I realized it came off a bit harsh. Not trying to be rude or anything, just curious.:)

Last edited:

HeroOfWDW

An Inside Out attraction is just what the imagination pavilion needs. I was thinking they shave off the back off the attraction and bring the building a bit forward. Then, they could get rid of pixar short films to give the Inside out attraction more space. Shaving off the back would give Canada enough room for an attraction.

Bacon

An Inside Out attraction is just what the imagination pavilion needs. I was thinking they shave off the back off the attraction and bring the building a bit forward. Then, they could get rid of pixar short films to give the Inside out attraction more space. Shaving off the back would give Canada enough room for an attraction.
While it would be better then whats there now it wouldn't be the best disney could do!

Earl Sweatpants

Pass. If any changes are coming to Imagination, it needs to be an updated ride with Dreamfinder and Figment. IO would have made a solid successor to Cranium Command (even though I thought IO was really not that good).

PorterRedkey

Pass. If any changes are coming to Imagination, it needs to be an updated ride with Dreamfinder and Figment. IO would have made a solid successor to Cranium Command (even though I thought IO was really not that good).
I agree will all that except for your statement that IO was not really good.
I know it is derivative (Herman's Head, Cranium Command), but it was really heavy for a "kids" movie. I love the trippy sequence in the middle. I wasn't expecting that. Very nice.
Princess and the Frog is still my fave of the recent Disney films though.

Earl Sweatpants

I agree will all that except for your statement that IO was not really good.
I know it is derivative (Herman's Head, Cranium Command), but it was really heavy for a "kids" movie. I love the trippy sequence in the middle. I wasn't expecting that. Very nice.
Princess and the Frog is still my fave of the recent Disney films though.

PatF was fantastic and certainly deserved to kickstart the resurgence of hand-drawn animation...alas, poor marketing did it in as well as some people's need to stir up pointless controversy.
As for IO, I really just felt like it was a flat film (ironic, considering it was all about varying emotions).
What in the world was Sadness up to with touching the key memories to make them sad? Never explained.
What the in the world was Bing Bong doing in the memory storage place? Never explained.
When I first saw him sneaking around stealing memories I thought wow, they're gonna make him the villain character and that's awesome because I can't wait to see where they're gonna take that....except no. It was just glossed over and then he saves the day, etc yada yada.
A more critical breakdown of its flaws aside, I still don't think it should ever touch Imagination.

PorterRedkey

A nice PatF boat ride through the Bayou would be nice. I could see the beginning as an animated Pirates and the end could be the big song and riverboat scene (mini Splash-like) after surviving the hijinks and obstacles provided along the way (Dr. F, The witch). However, I don't know where it would belong.

I guess this is the wrong forum for this.

Any talk ever of a PatF ride? Ever?

PorterRedkey

PatF was fantastic and certainly deserved to kickstart the resurgence of hand-drawn animation...alas, poor marketing did it in as well as some people's need to stir up pointless controversy.
As for IO, I really just felt like it was a flat film (ironic, considering it was all about varying emotions).
What in the world was Sadness up to with touching the key memories to make them sad? Never explained.
What the in the world was Bing Bong doing in the memory storage place? Never explained.
When I first saw him sneaking around stealing memories I thought wow, they're gonna make him the villain character and that's awesome because I can't wait to see where they're gonna take that....except no. It was just glossed over and then he saves the day, etc yada yada.
A more critical breakdown of its flaws aside, I still don't think it should ever touch Imagination.
I can respect your criticisms, but I though Bing Bong was a good, not as good as many people, but good. I am no expert on the movie, and I have only seen it once but, I though BB's motivations were explained.

Let's agree that IO in Imagination is bad and disagree whether IO was good. :)

Earl Sweatpants

A nice PatF boat ride through the Bayou would be nice. I could see the beginning as an animated Pirates and the end could be the big song and riverboat scene (mini Splash-like) after surviving the hijinks and obstacles provided along the way (Dr. F, The witch). However, I don't know where it would belong.

I guess this is the wrong forum for this.

Any talk ever of a PatF ride? Ever?

I think Disney is currently running into a big problem, namely: what movie should gets its own attraction?
Huge $$ makers like Frozen already have more than one attraction and that appears to still not be enough.
WIR is proposed to take over SGE in Tomorrowland. It wouldn't be surprising for them to try and make a Zootopia attraction work somewhere...but that's setting a pretty high precedent. Do all "$ucce$$ful" movies from here on out get their own attractions? And what about the still attraction-less movies from the 90s? Aladdin, Lion King, Pocahontas, Hercules, etc...there is the smallest amount of inclusion of them around the parks, and certainly not their own attractions.
So Disney can either just keep up its trend of "new movie, new attraction", but eventually they're gonna run out of available space and have to axe something existing, which opens its own can of worms.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom