Upcoming/Rumored Projects

Daveeeeed

Since this isn't a rumor space anyways and we are on the subject I still like the idea of:
  • Move COP to EPCOT, gut Odyssey (would really like to know how much space exists in this building to do something like that) and it would be a great bridge between FW and WS. COP is overlooked at MK but with less attractions and more adults I can see attendance rising.
  • I once thought IASW would be great in Epcot and still think it would be great but I would now rather build a DL style building where the Speedway is and make it a perfect bridge between the 2 land. Pinocchio would take the place of IASW since the Haus is right next door and theming would be perfect.
  • Laugh Floor becomes part of phase 3 at HS (Monstropolis) and Buzz could go bye bye thus making way for the Tron Light cycle and then Stitch goes for a Big Hero 6 type attraction. COP could be re-purposed for a show or a simulator.
  • Health pavilion at EPCOT that focuses on the human body.
That is my blue sky at least...
You do realize Epcot has many attractions with virtually no wait, while on the other hand a decent ride like Peter Pan gets a 90 minute wait easy. COP would suffer more than likely worse than it does in MK. Plus the building you mentioned would not be able to house it at all. What in my mind should be done is keep it in MK, but upgrade it.

RSoxNo1

There's two vocal camps in America it seems: the gluten-free paleo anti-GMO camp, and the hamburgers and hot dogs crowd. We need a Health pavilion that won't **** off either camp. Something that's not Habit Heroes.
I wonder what percentage of people killed because they're texting while driving are also in the gluten-free paleo anti-GMO camp. Seems they arbitrarily decide what's going to kill them.

RSoxNo1

You do realize Epcot has many attractions with virtually no wait, while on the other hand a decent ride like Peter Pan gets a 90 minute wait easy. COP would suffer more than likely worse than it does in MK. Plus the building you mentioned would not be able to house it at all. What in my mind should be done is keep it in MK, but upgrade it.
Peter Pan is the most dumbfounding attraction on Disney property. I understand it's low capacity (1200 an hour I believe) but it's also incredibly dated and shouldn't be generating the waits it does.

VIPguide_2030

I do realize this because I have visited a time or 20. You do realize the attractions you speak of with no wait time either flat out suck or are outdated hence the walk on status. The 90 min wait at Pan should tell you that COP is not appreciated at MK anymore since Pan is above average at best. Put it in EPCOT with a new building (if Odyssey has the space) and it becomes the 5th must see attraction vs. the 25th at MK. I love the show (in my top 10) but the people in this forum are the minority that appreciate it, bums me out and I want it to be a big deal again. What would you do to "upgrade" it at MK? I am not against leaving it in MK FYI, just would like to get it some attention based on its historical importance.

Daveeeeed

I do realize this because I have visited a time or 20. You do realize the attractions you speak of with no wait time either flat out suck or are outdated hence the walk on status. The 90 min wait at Pan should tell you that COP is not appreciated at MK anymore since Pan is above average at best. Put it in EPCOT with a new building (if Odyssey has the space) and it becomes the 5th must see attraction vs. the 25th at MK. I love the show (in my top 10) but the people in this forum are the minority that appreciate it, bums me out and I want it to be a big deal again. What would you do to "upgrade" it at MK? I am not against leaving it in MK FYI, just would like to get it some attention based on its historical importance.
The vast majority of the public people dislike COP as an attraction to re ride or to prioritise. Living With The Land doesn't suck, but it had so little evening attendance it again has to close at 7. Please be realistic it is not coming to Epcot, they haven't spent the money to give it a good update, why do you think they'll do it on top of the amount of money needed to move it to Epcot? WHat needs to happen is Imagination gets an overhaul, Ellen gets a new ride, and the Health Pavilion comes back to life. There is no need to move COP to Epcot, it is silly and a waste of money. All it would take would be a great update at The Magic Kingdom.

Daveeeeed

Peter Pan is the most dumbfounding attraction on Disney property. I understand it's low capacity (1200 an hour I believe) but it's also incredibly dated and shouldn't be generating the waits it does.
You literally just agreed with what I said, Peter Pan actually has less of a capacity than that. My point was that Magic Kingdom has a demand for any ride it can get its hand on, but Epcot doesn't, it just needs a good strong attraction.

VIPguide_2030

The vast majority of the public people dislike COP as an attraction to re ride or to prioritise. Living With The Land doesn't suck, but it had so little evening attendance it again has to close at 7. Please be realistic it is not coming to Epcot, they haven't spent the money to give it a good update, why do you think they'll do it on top of the amount of money needed to move it to Epcot? WHat needs to happen is Imagination gets an overhaul, Ellen gets a new ride, and the Health Pavilion comes back to life. There is no need to move COP to Epcot, it is silly and a waste of money. All it would take would be a great update at The Magic Kingdom.

I totally agree with you on your opinion on Imagination, UOE & a new Health pavilion. If that happened EPCOT would be in much better shape. LTL doesn't suck, it is in the outdated category. I am realistic and know COP wouldn't move, I just wouldn't mind if it did. What updates do you want to see on COP?

Daveeeeed

I totally agree with you on your opinion on Imagination, UOE & a new Health pavilion. If that happened EPCOT would be in much better shape. LTL doesn't suck, it is in the outdated category. I am realistic and know COP wouldn't move, I just wouldn't mind if it did. What updates do you want to see on COP?
New animatronics, altered dialogue to keep the show fresh, change the finale scene etc. I also think the exterior if a Tomorrowland overhaul was to happen should match that of the overhaul's design. I agree with you that Living With The Land is a very good attraction, but is in need badly of a semi-overhaul. 30 million seems like a lot, but the ride would be top notch if they were willing to put about that much into the ride, and to make it have an interactive queue.

lobelia

The wheels under COP went flat years ago. They aren't moving it. Thematically it fits just fine in Tomorrowland. It does need an update to represent what tomorrow would look like. I don't understand how moving an attraction is an option and why it's brought up so much. Even moving Dumbo required almost all new construction. They move trashcans and benches not entire rides. When they moved the Lion King show in Animal Kingdom, they built a whole new theater. Moving entire rides is like "fetch", its not happening.

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
The wheels under COP went flat years ago. They aren't moving it. Thematically it fits just fine in Tomorrowland. It does need an update to represent what tomorrow would look like. I don't understand how moving an attraction is an option and why it's brought up so much. Even moving Dumbo required almost all new construction. They move trashcans and benches not entire rides. When they moved the Lion King show in Animal Kingdom, they built a whole new theater. Moving entire rides is like "fetch", its not happening.

You do know that this ride has been moved before?

Daveeeeed

I 100% agree with you. Lion King was relocated, because it is a very popular and fantastic show to this day and the park needed the extra show. COP sees hardly anyone, it would cost a lot to build a new theater. Logically it makes no sense.

VIPguide_2030

New animatronics, altered dialogue to keep the show fresh, change the finale scene etc. I also think the exterior if a Tomorrowland overhaul was to happen should match that of the overhaul's design. I agree with you that Living With The Land is a very good attraction, but is in need badly of a semi-overhaul. 30 million seems like a lot, but the ride would be top notch if they were willing to put about that much into the ride, and to make it have an interactive queue.

Absolutely, I would also like an exterior overhaul and mainly an update to the final "future" scene (clothes, dialogue and technology). Also something different in the pre-show other than staring at a gear and listening to a voice would be nice. A video screen with some background on the attraction and the World's Fair in general would be a cool touch (complete with TBTOYL playing in the background). LTL needs some new touches to the existing scenes and an entire new finale scene would be terrific. Even if it is $30 million, you can't build a new quality attraction anywhere near that cost effective. Fun discussion to have regardless, unfortunately that is probably all it will ever be at this point.

dstrawn9889

Absolutely, I would also like an exterior overhaul and mainly an update to the final "future" scene (clothes, dialogue and technology). Also something different in the pre-show other than staring at a gear and listening to a voice would be nice. A video screen with some background on the attraction and the World's Fair in general would be a cool touch (complete with TBTOYL playing in the background). LTL needs some new touches to the existing scenes and an entire new finale scene would be terrific. Even if it is $30 million, you can't build a new quality attraction anywhere near that cost effective. Fun discussion to have regardless, unfortunately that is probably all it will ever be at this point.
they COULD do some minor 90's updates to theater 4 then add a vignette to theater 5... more to the 2000- to present --- 3d printing, ISS... the works. then use theater 6 for load and unload use the clockwise door to exit and the anticlockwise door to load -- make it CBJ theater style.

Daveeeeed

they COULD do some minor 90's updates to theater 4 then add a vignette to theater 5... more to the 2000- to present --- 3d printing, ISS... the works. then use theater 6 for load and unload use the clockwise door to exit and the anticlockwise door to load -- make it CBJ theater style.
Besides computer not much of a jump from 90's to 00's. I think skip 90's and go for like a 2020 date with epic virtual reality tech etc.

Goofyernmost

Some great ideas here! Regarding COP I agree updating the last scene or two would keep this show relevant. I also like the idea of a pre-show que explaining the shows creation and history (World's Fair) before you see it, this way it can be more appreciated within that context.
They actually did do that when it came back in the early 2000's. Or at least, just after they went back to the "Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" theme song. They had TV monitors outside in the queue or whatever there was of a queue.

Monorail_Red_77

They actually did do that when it came back in the early 2000's. Or at least, just after they went back to the "Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" theme song. They had TV monitors outside in the queue or whatever there was of a queue.
The monitors are still in the outside queue areas. I just don't know that guests pay that much attention to them. I think, like others have mentioned. To move that indoors to the pre-scene area and beef it up a bit would be great.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom