Upcoming/Rumored Projects

Progress.City

Speaking of Peter Pan, has anyone over at Disney ever discussed adding capacity to it (like they are doing now with Soaring and TSMM) and upgrading it to DL standards while they are at it?

VIPguide_2030

To move that indoors to the pre-scene area and beef it up a bit would be great.

This, exactly...it needs to be a full screen with history of the attraction and the worlds fair as well as how it got to Florida. Updated COP and DL type Space Mountain are my 2 biggest blue sky in MK. Oh yeah and something in place of Stitch...and get rid of the Speedway. But that is it for TL ;)

Thanks phoenicians

I was looking at the united orlando forums and saw a rumor posted yesterday about dinoland finally going away after avatar land is done. Not sure how trusted the site is around here and I'm sure if nobody else has heard anything it probably doesn't have much substance, but figured I'd mention it.

roj2323

I was looking at the united orlando forums and saw a rumor posted yesterday about dinoland finally going away after avatar land is done. Not sure how trusted the site is around here and I'm sure if nobody else has heard anything it probably doesn't have much substance, but figured I'd mention it.

It would be the next logical area to get attention. It probably will not happen until after 2020 however.

deere839

dont see it happening for a while
too much other stuff to fix Tomorrowland, Future world come to mind
i dont see any problems with future world and tomorowland they still make the numbers disney wants compared to Dino Land even though all 3 are my favorite lands

Kman101

If there's a "prioritize" and stagger makeovers, yeah, Tomorrowland and Future World desperately need help, but Dinorama needs to go away. The rest of Dinoland is fine. The carnival games area needs to go away. It's made to be easy to remove so it's just a matter of what they want to put there. I can't see it being that much of a priority though, however, one makeover shouldn't be at the expense of the other, so we can still get a Dino addition as well as say a Future World makeover. It shouldn't be a 'one or the other'

wdwjmp239

If there's a "prioritize" and stagger makeovers, yeah, Tomorrowland and Future World desperately need help, but Dinorama needs to go away. The rest of Dinoland is fine. The carnival games area needs to go away. '

I agree! I was at AK with my wife and kids this past weekend and we were talking (my wife and I) about how it doesn't really "fit" in Animal Kingdom. It seems pretty disjointed, almost an after thought. Universal Studios Orlando did it pretty well with their "Amity/Jaws" section, but Animal Kingdom? For some reason I don't think they had "Whack-A-Mole" in the dinosaur age. Yep...it needs to go. :)

The Hatbox Ghost

OK I made it to COP on Monday and although the outdoor pre show monitors do cover some of the history behind the attraction, I watched and barely anyone was paying attention. It was a good sized crowd and most were staring at their phone screens or chatting with one another (if anything I prefer the chatting only because I'm growing tired of seeing all the 'screen zombies' who came to an amusement park yet appear to be more amused by their device than the attraction they're at!)- sorry for the random rant but I'm noticing this more on this trip than any other. Anyone else?

Anyhow I agree, moving that queue indoors as more a part of the attraction would be better.

Brian Swan

You do know that this ride has been moved before?
The sets and AAs "moved", but the COP building in MK was built new. After COP left DL, America Sings (another "carousel" show) replaced it, and when that closed Innoventions went in. The original DL COP building now housed the SW Launch Bay.

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
OK I made it to COP on Monday and although the outdoor pre show monitors do cover some of the history behind the attraction, I watched and barely anyone was paying attention. It was a good sized crowd and most were staring at their phone screens or chatting with one another (if anything I prefer the chatting only because I'm growing tired of seeing all the 'screen zombies' who came to an amusement park yet appear to be more amused by their device than the attraction they're at!)- sorry for the random rant but I'm noticing this more on this trip than any other. Anyone else?

Anyhow I agree, moving that queue indoors as more a part of the attraction would be better.

Last time I was there the audio was turned waay down and screens were hard to see because of glare... That being said I completely agree it's sad were all glued to our phones so badly. One of my favorite things about the cruises is very few people are on there phones. (Myself included). We miss out on so much because of this bad habit. Not just at theme parks

The Hatbox Ghost

Most because of the cost / slow speeds of Internet access on the ships. That said, it's one of my favorite parts of the cruise... For selfish reasons, I hope the connection stays slow for a long time. :)

Ah that's why, I get it. I guess in some ways tech can make for a more (or less) relaxing vacation. For example I'm typing this on my iPad at the Poly right now- but I wouldn't be doing so if the resorts still provided a free USA Today for their guests.

The Hatbox Ghost

I prefer theme park view buildings and from what I understand there are only two now, since DVC snapped up other options: Aotearora and Tuvalu. I would recommend both.

Fox&Hound

If there's a "prioritize" and stagger makeovers, yeah, Tomorrowland and Future World desperately need help, but Dinorama needs to go away. The rest of Dinoland is fine. The carnival games area needs to go away. It's made to be easy to remove so it's just a matter of what they want to put there. I can't see it being that much of a priority though, however, one makeover shouldn't be at the expense of the other, so we can still get a Dino addition as well as say a Future World makeover. It shouldn't be a 'one or the other'

Doesn't Chester and Hester's sit right behind the new seating area for RoL? I think that alone will force Disney to give it attention. It's always been jarring and out of place but now it will be bringing down their new show.

AK is a true gem but by getting rid of this area that never should have been built in the first place and giving us one more e-ticket (and maybe the Jungle Book ride in Asia) and the park would be a total knockout.

Marlins1

What's the best place to stay at the Poly?
Poly is the only resort where I would recommend the concierge rooms. Most are nowhere near worth the price of upgrade but at Poly it puts you in a great building - Hawaii (park view is nice but garden view is also great there because you look at the new quiet pool). Also the staff is super friendly and generous with the food and drink, the concierge service room itself is large and beautiful with a great view and the food is very good. They also don't seem as anxious to clear the room right at service cutoff time - they actually allow you to enter it any time and stay as long as you want.
For a standard garden view room I recommend the Samoa building - one side views the main pool and the other views the quiet pool and the location is extremely convenient. I know you love AKL - AKL and Poly are a tossup for me as far as favorite resort goes so I think you will be pleased no matter what building you end up in.

HauntedMansionFLA

Poly is the only resort where I would recommend the concierge rooms. Most are nowhere near worth the price of upgrade but at Poly it puts you in a great building - Hawaii (park view is nice but garden view is also great there because you look at the new quiet pool). Also the staff is super friendly and generous with the food and drink, the concierge service room itself is large and beautiful with a great view and the food is very good. They also don't seem as anxious to clear the room right at service cutoff time - they actually allow you to enter it any time and stay as long as you want.
For a standard garden view room I recommend the Samoa building - one side views the main pool and the other views the quiet pool and the location is extremely convenient. I know you love AKL - AKL and Poly are a tossup for me as far as favorite resort goes so I think you will be pleased no matter what building you end up in.
Thank you for the great information

MagicHappens1971

Doesn't Chester and Hester's sit right behind the new seating area for RoL? I think that alone will force Disney to give it attention. It's always been jarring and out of place but now it will be bringing down their new show.

AK is a true gem but by getting rid of this area that never should have been built in the first place and giving us one more e-ticket (and maybe the Jungle Book ride in Asia) and the park would be a total knockout.
Yes they really need to give it attention, but they painted the Dino green to blend in with the background, I think that's all the attention they'll be giving it for a while.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom