Upcoming/Rumored Projects

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
I wouldn't mind them waiting to announce if construction is underway before then. Definitely makes for some interesting discussions here. Build in secrecy then announce before recognizable phases in construction. Either way, closures need to be followed quickly by action.

Daveeeeed

I wouldn't mind them waiting to announce if construction is underway before then. Definitely makes for some interesting discussions here. Build in secrecy then announce before recognizable phases in construction. Either way, closures need to be followed quickly by action.
Agreed. This means Hollywood Studios is beyond any doubt going to have an overhaul, but it also means it's going to happen in phases judging by certain attractions closing before others, to lay the groundwork for new stuff. And like you've mentioned that they will be quick once it's become obvious at construction.

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
Did someone indicate that D23 would not have any DHS announcements? Personally, I'd be surprised if we don't hear something about that park there (not Star Wars).

I hope they at least give us something to look forward to for DHS. Even though we stopped doing the BLT and never did AIE shuttering them effectively removed two attractions out of the already short lineup.

danheaton

From what I've heard recently, they aren't close to announcing anything for Star Wars. It's possible they're keeping the cards close to the vest, though. We're more likely to hear about the Toy Story Playland first. Yikes.

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
From what I've heard recently, they aren't close to announcing anything for Star Wars. It's possible they're keeping the cards close to the vest, though. We're more likely to hear about the Toy Story Playland first. Yikes.

They better announce something more than a play land if it's a Pixar only announcement. Their lack of action is quickly sending our "Disney money" elsewhere. I'm all for nostalgia but it's time for additions! An announcement this year means it's still 3+ years away.

danheaton

They better announce something more than a play land if it's a Pixar only announcement. Their lack of action is quickly sending our "Disney money" elsewhere. I'm all for nostalgia but it's time for additions! An announcement this year means it's still 3+ years away.

I agree that 2018 is the earliest we'll likely see anything significant at DHS, and that may be optimistic. I expect Disney is hoping for something like this:

2016 - EPCOT - Frozen and Soarin' theater
2017 - Avatar (assuming they can get on schedule)
2018 - Toy Story/Pixar expansion at DHS

This is just based on what I've heard from some insiders, so I don't have any info myself. I really hope they do something with Star Wars and get it rolling so we can see it in 4-5 years.

jt04

I agree that 2018 is the earliest we'll likely see anything significant at DHS, and that may be optimistic. I expect Disney is hoping for something like this:

This is just based on what I've heard from some insiders, so I don't have any info myself. I really hope they do something with Star Wars and get it rolling so we can see it in 4-5 years.

Agreed. The most important thing is that they seem to be finally on a trajectory to add something substantial every year for the forseeable future. Took a long time and a lot of infrastructure upgrades to get the ship turned around but it finally has happened.

Marlins1

2016 also has ROL, nighttime safari and nighttime entertainment at AK along with more Disney Springs and the TSMM expansion. It is Shaping up to be a good year - long overdue but a good year for additions/improvements. Really looking forward to nights at AK.

AEfx

2016 also has ROL, nighttime safari and nighttime entertainment at AK along with more Disney Springs and the TSMM expansion. It is Shaping up to be a good year - long overdue but a good year for additions/improvements. Really looking forward to nights at AK.

They are finally going to make AK more than a 5PM park - but Disney Springs and TSMM getting a new track?

Yeah, I guess you are right - it will be a "good year" for additions/improvements - compared to the absolutely nothing we generally have been getting, but still an epic disappointment compared to what needs to be done and what they have the resources to do.

Marlins1

I agree the TSMM track is a stretch but I hope it is part of a long term solution to eliminate tiered FP's. Same with Soarin' expansion and Frozen. If you can start your trip by choosing all of the attractions you really want FP's for and not have to select rides like Nemo and GMR which should be standby that will actually be an improvement.

doctornick

I find it hard to believe that they will not add something of substance to DHS before 2018. Maybe only something of lesser value like TSPL, but that something needs to open there in the 2016-17 timeframe to expand offerings. Even very casual visitors can realize there isn't that much to do in that park -- especially if more attractions are on the cutting block soon (LMA, etc.).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom