Upcoming/Rumored Projects

jt04

To be fair, the alleged menu of rides for a DHS TSPL is:
1. Clone of RC Racer
2. Woody's Roundup, a re-themed version of Mater's from DCA
3. A Buzz themed version of the new Luigi's LPS ride coming to DCA

RC Racer is not really a kid's ride at all. It's got a ~47" height restriction so it's geared towards tweens/teens and adults. It's a mild thrill ride, not one for children.

Mater's Junkyard Jamboree has a very low height restriction of 32". That's basically a "no hand held infants" level, so it's more or less all ages. I'd consider it more of a family ride than one directed to kids and can certainly be enjoyed by adults without children.

We don't know the exact details of the new Luigi's ride but it seems sort of like Aquatopia from TDS. Again, all ages, something that would be reasonable for adults to do.

None of these are anything like Slinky Dog Spin (or Bug's Land rides) that are aimed squarely for children. Certainly, these flat rides would skew younger in their appeal, but they would IMHO help to round out the park's offerings.

Laugh Floor would be great too. Seems no land is complete without a stage show. You listening Frontierland?

Fox&Hound

Has anyone here ridden the TSPL rides? Just curious. I think it looks cute, but some of the rides do look underwhelming. But, like DoctorNick said, we would only be getting RCRacer and the other rides would be different. Curious if anyone has ridden the RC ride? I loooved Mater's Junkyard Jamboree and hope we do get a version of it here.

matt9112

Has anyone here ridden the TSPL rides? Just curious. I think it looks cute, but some of the rides do look underwhelming. But, like DoctorNick said, we would only be getting RCRacer and the other rides would be different. Curious if anyone has ridden the RC ride? I loooved Mater's Junkyard Jamboree and hope we do get a version of it here.

I hope we get mostly unique experiences and leave cali to the birds.

Bartattack

I've ridden them at DLP. They're all rather standard rides, but I must say that the overall theming was rather good. RC Racers is pretty intense. You have to be at least 47 inches to ride.

Wikkler

Well, I've ridden Slinky but that's because it's an off-the-shelf that also shows up at my local fair.

jme

Well, I've ridden Slinky but that's because it's an off-the-shelf that also shows up at my local fair.
Wow, you're local fair must be huge to fit such a large coaster.
Speaking of being off-the-shelf, I missed the part where they specified the make and model. Is it a Zyklon Pinfari?

Wikkler

Wow, you're local fair must be huge to fit such a large coaster.
Speaking of being off-the-shelf, I missed the part where they specified the make and model. Is it a Zyklon Pinfari?
Coaster? Slinky's the "Musik Express" type of ride.

Wikkler

No. You're thinking of the one in Paris. This will be a small coaster.

disney-park-04.jpg
I posted before D23 and honestly, I didn't check out the details until just now. Sorry for the mistake.

JWG

So, let me say, there's a ton s&%# of stuff going on at WDW now at 3 of the parks (sorry Epcot :( )
I'm excited, and while I think visits between now and 2020 are goint to be rough, I'm super excited for MK's 50th. I think by then we'll have a complete MK, A well done DAK that is a full day plus night, A relaunched DHS with a complete Star Wars and Toy Story land, and... an Epcot...

While it won't be perfect, the work being done over the next 5-6 years is staggering. Finally.

Flippin'Flounder

So, let me say, there's a ton s&%# of stuff going on at WDW now at 3 of the parks (sorry Epcot :( )
I'm excited, and while I think visits between now and 2020 are goint to be rough, I'm super excited for MK's 50th. I think by then we'll have a complete MK, A well done DAK that is a full day plus night, A relaunched DHS with a complete Star Wars and Toy Story land, and... an Epcot...

While it won't be perfect, the work being done over the next 5-6 years is staggering. Finally.
What's happeneing at MK? Epcot is getting Frozen and Soarin'.

Ragerunner

What's happeneing at MK? Epcot is getting Frozen and Soarin'.

I think Epcot is actually going to be the big winner for 2016. They have Frozen and the new Soarin movie and additional theater coming.
The next 12 months are looking pretty good for Disney World.
Animal Kingdom - River of Lights and the night time safari
Epcot - Frozen and Soarin
Disney Studios - Star Wars Launch bay, added scene(s) to Star Tours, the new Star Wars event and the additional track for Toy Story.
I realize there are no actual new rides coming, but its a start.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom