Upcoming/Rumored Projects

Dice50

1. I don't take that to mean anything other than the things being closed have run their course and Disney no longer finds them to be necessary. While I would hope they would replace them, I don't think the closures necessarily point to that.

2. I don't really pay attention to Bob Iger, but even I don't think he's stupid enough to believe that a fanbase such as the one SW caters to would accept some subpar fireworks show or restaurant as a significant presence. He may not be everyone's favourite guy in the world, but he certainly didn't get where he is by being stupid.

3. I don't remember reading 'Its shelved'. Ive heard a lot of 'Theyre waiting until the new movies come out and Avatar is done to start building' but to each their own.

It's a news and rumours section, that's what we do is discuss news and rumours. Most people on here know who the reliable sources are and who is generally full of it. Most also know to take everything with a grain of salt as whats coming today may very well be cancelled tomorrow. Such is the life of a Disney Addict.

Personally, there isn't really any evidence to weigh either way here so I'm not what you are drawing your conclusions from. My personal belief (And this is JUST ME) is that Disney is betting a lot of money on Avatarland being huge. A huge SW announcement would instantly bury that in the backpages and probably cause many a person to put off that once in a lifetime vacation a few more years, How much money have they invested in that already? Why would you want to deflect attention away from that before it even opens?

In my mind, there is no doubt that there will be a SW presence of significant proportions in DHS in the next 10 years. There is also no doubt that a small contingent of people will be extremely disappointed when no superthriller ride is included (yet a few very popular, very family oriented rides are).

Anyway, again, all my take. Maybe Im OD'ing on the dust, but I choose to believe the positives.

That is a good point about how a Star Wars land could cover up the Avatarland excitement. But with Avatarland not opening till 2017, Disney could announce that a SW land is going to open in 2020, and it wouldn't seem to have any affect on the Avatarland news.

I wasn't saying any of that to be negative, I sincerely want it to happen, I was legitimately asking if I had missed something because when I was reading posts, people were talking about a SW land like it was a real thing that was announced as opposed to a thing that could one day happen that fans would like. It seems to be in the "we want it to happen camp" without there being much real evidence behind the rumor.

I guess they only thing I'd really "argue" and I don't mean that term in a negative way, is when you say "weigh the evidence both ways" in Disney's case wouldn't you start from the position that nothing is happening unless t here is some evidence pointing to something else. Like I really want there to be a new Tomorrowland at the Magic Kingdom. There's been some limited speculation that this could happen in the next 10 years but not really based on anything solid. However, they just made the new Tomorrowland movie, so Disney is putting in a lot of money into the Tomorrowland concept, so wouldn't it make sense to capitalize on it by fixing up the land? My thought is, no. If there was going to be a Tomorrowland re-do they would announce there is going to be a Tomorrowland redo.

Fixing up DHS -with a SW Land, Pixar Place, adding new rides to Epcot, Australia to DAK, and a Tomorrowland redo at MK, all would be wonderful and are needed but until Disney announces they are happening, they aren't happening. Hope I'm wrong.

mahnamahna101

That is a good point about how a Star Wars land could cover up the Avatarland excitement. But with Avatarland not opening till 2017, Disney could announce that a SW land is going to open in 2020, and it wouldn't seem to have any affect on the Avatarland news.

I wasn't saying any of that to be negative, I sincerely want it to happen, I was legitimately asking if I had missed something because when I was reading posts, people were talking about a SW land like it was a real thing that was announced as opposed to a thing that could one day happen that fans would like. It seems to be in the "we want it to happen camp" without there being much real evidence behind the rumor.

I guess they only thing I'd really "argue" and I don't mean that term in a negative way, is when you say "weigh the evidence both ways" in Disney's case wouldn't you start from the position that nothing is happening unless t here is some evidence pointing to something else. Like I really want there to be a new Tomorrowland at the Magic Kingdom. There's been some limited speculation that this could happen in the next 10 years but not really based on anything solid. However, they just made the new Tomorrowland movie, so Disney is putting in a lot of money into the Tomorrowland concept, so wouldn't it make sense to capitalize on it by fixing up the land? My thought is, no. If there was going to be a Tomorrowland re-do they would announce there is going to be a Tomorrowland redo.

Fixing up DHS -with a SW Land, Pixar Place, adding new rides to Epcot, Australia to DAK, and a Tomorrowland redo at MK, all would be wonderful and are needed but until Disney announces they are happening, they aren't happening. Hope I'm wrong.
Ideally we'd see something like this over the next 15-20 years

MK
  1. NFL Phase 2
  2. Western River Expedition
  3. JttCotE and Agrabah mini-land (Adventureland)
  4. Tomorrowland revamp
Epcot
  1. Ellen revamp
  2. Weather pavillion
  3. Imagination revamp
  4. WoL replacement
  5. Canada river rapids ride
  6. Rhine River Cruise
  7. Mt. Fiji E-ticket
  8. SSE revamp
  9. Innoventions revamp
  10. PeopleMover for all of Future World
DHS
  1. Star Wars Land
  2. Pixar expansion
  3. Indiana Jones E-ticket
  4. Toontown replaces Animation Courtyard/space by RNRC
  5. Muppets mini-land
  6. GMR revamp
AK
  1. South America
  2. Family dark ride in Asia
  3. Family coaster in Africa
  4. Planet Watch replaced by North America mini-land
  5. Pandora
  6. RoL
  7. nighttime safari
  8. Finding Nemo replacement
  9. Dinoland
  10. revamp/expansion
If 20% of that happens, I'd be surprised.

Rutt

You don't that the family planning to go in 2017 might wait if they know SWL is coming in 2020? I'm willing to bet more than a few would.

People talk about many rumours on these boards as if they are real and happening and its not only Disney related. Its part of what makes the boards fun. There are many reliable members here who have strongly hinted its coming. My only real concern is when I guess.

If someone reliable on these boards mentioned that there was a possible redo in the works and there were plans already being done, I might. But its not like those who believe that SWL is coming are pulling it out of the air like you are with TL. You believing the rumours or not does not eliminate the rumours. They are something.

Continuing to lump actual rumours with your wishes does not discredit the actual rumours. Disney may or may not actually build SWL but I firmly believe the plans are there and I continue to believe it is coming. I would not be shocked with a huge announcement in 2018 (with much of the prepwork done right under our noses)

Rutt

MK
  1. NFL Phase 2
  4. Tomorrowland revamp
Epcot
  1. Ellen revamp
  2. Weather pavillion
  3. Imagination revamp
  4. WoL replacement
  6. Rhine River Cruise
  7. Mt. Fiji E-ticket
  8. SSE revamp
  9. Innoventions revamp
DHS
  1. Star Wars Land
  2. Pixar expansion
  5. Muppets mini-land
  6. GMR revamp
AK
  1. South America
  5. Pandora
  6. RoL
  7. nighttime safari
  9. Dinoland
  10. revamp/expansion
Thats a whole lot to wish for....

twebber55

You don't that the family planning to go in 2017 might wait if they know SWL is coming in 2020? I'm willing to bet more than a few would.

People talk about many rumours on these boards as if they are real and happening and its not only Disney related. Its part of what makes the boards fun. There are many reliable members here who have strongly hinted its coming. My only real concern is when I guess.

If someone reliable on these boards mentioned that there was a possible redo in the works and there were plans already being done, I might. But its not like those who believe that SWL is coming are pulling it out of the air like you are with TL. You believing the rumours or not does not eliminate the rumours. They are something.

Continuing to lump actual rumours with your wishes does not discredit the actual rumours. Disney may or may not actually build SWL but I firmly believe the plans are there and I continue to believe it is coming. I would not be shocked with a huge announcement in 2018 (with much of the prepwork done right under our noses)
well im assuming SW stuff opens up in Cali first so if people really want to see new SW stuff they would just go to Disneyland
I doubt people would wait 3 years....1 year sure

Rutt

well im assuming SW stuff opens up in Cali first so if people really want to see new SW stuff they would just go to Disneyland
I doubt people would wait 3 years....1 year sure
You really think the average wdw visitor is gonna go to Cali to see SWL instead of waiting three to go to Orlando?
Do they do it for Carsland?

HauntedMansionFLA

SWL will hold a much broader appeal than SWW.
I see both points to the debate. I've never been to a SWW and I hope it's soon. I read about the long lines trying to buy this or that. I'm sure Disney ( I would hope ) looks at all of the lost revenue lost regarding the retail side because it's not big enough. Heck, they could hold one of their Star Wars Celebrations there. I've never been to DisneyLand but my cousin says CarsLand is pretty awesome - pictures don't do it justice. I hear DL has lots of the E - attractions.

twebber55

I see both points to the debate. I've never been to a SWW and I hope it's soon. I read about the long lines trying to buy this or that. I'm sure Disney ( I would hope ) looks at all of the lost revenue lost regarding the retail side because it's not big enough. Heck, they could hold one of their Star Wars Celebrations there. I've never been to DisneyLand but my cousin says CarsLand is pretty awesome - pictures don't do it justice. I hear DL has lots of the E - attractions.
i could see one year..heck that's what im doing in regards to Diagon Alley and Kong...im waiting until kong gets built
But three years, I just don't see it...two types of groups go to WDW
1. the once in a life timers
2. the every year to every other year
either way I don't see people waiting 3 years for a land to open
even next year I wouldn't go back for just Frozen but with DAK being basically redone for a nighttime setting this is a big change at WDW

EDIT: This is a ll in good fun and a good debate but until we see actual information about Star Wars Land then there is very little to debate...Who knows if and when it gets built.
For the record this is not an anti Star wars thing for me, because I will welcome a star wars land, this is an anti wait three years to see anything "thing"

Last edited:

HauntedMansionFLA

i could see one year..heck that's what im doing in regards to Diagon Alley and Kong...im waiting until kong gets built
But three years, I just don't see it...two types of groups go to WDW
1. the once in a life timers
2. the every year to every other year
either way I don't see people waiting 3 years for a land to open
even next year I wouldn't go back for just Frozen but with DAK being basically redone for a nighttime setting this is a big change at WDW

EDIT: This is a ll in good fun and a good debate but until we see actual information about Star Wars Land then there is very little to debate...Who knows if and when it gets built.
For the record this is not an anti Star wars thing for me, because I will welcome a star wars land, this is an anti wait three years to see anything "thing"
I understand where your coming from. We are planning a trip to WDW in 2016 and hopefully some of the evening entertainment will be up and running in DAK. We haven't seen NFL at MK and we'll see if Soarin' and the Frozen ride at EPCOT will be finished. Then back for a short trip to see the awesome addition of Avatar to DAK. I guess what gets me excited about a possible SW land is what's going on at the AvatarLand. It will be fun to watch DAK go to the next level.

Dice50

MK
  1. NFL Phase 2
  4. Tomorrowland revamp
Epcot
  1. Ellen revamp
  2. Weather pavillion
  3. Imagination revamp
  4. WoL replacement
  6. Rhine River Cruise
  7. Mt. Fiji E-ticket
  8. SSE revamp
  9. Innoventions revamp
DHS
  1. Star Wars Land
  2. Pixar expansion
  5. Muppets mini-land
  6. GMR revamp
AK
  1. South America
  5. Pandora
  6. RoL
  7. nighttime safari
  9. Dinoland
  10. revamp/expansion

That would all be amazing and needs to happen and if I were CEO I'd sign off on all of that in a heartbeat. I think you're right, if 20% of that happens most of us would be happy. Which just shows you the sad state of affairs.

Dice50

I bet there would be some families that would delay their trip because of that but 3 years is a long time to wait while your kids are growing up. It's a valid concern but I don't think enough of one that it would warrant a delay in an announcement until after Avatarland is opening.

Yep and these rumors are fun to talk about and that is what these boards are for. All I'm saying is a DHS redo/SW land is a rumor until proven otherwise. I'm not sure what an "actual rumor" is but whatever it is, it's still a rumor, and it shouldn't be thought of as any more likely to happen than any other rumor, until there is some evidence pointing the other way. We all want it to happen and are trying to find some reasons that we think it will, nothing wrong with that, but when you actually look into it, there is almost nothing to put your hat on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom