Rumor Upcoming Price Increases

el_super

Last year was the first time in quite a while they'd done it in January, IIRC.

There was some weird motivation in pushing them in January, since they wanted the local so cal audience to use the seasonal discount to visit before Star Wars opening. Of course that meant by summer, the locals had already been for the year. It's really weird how different attendance patterns are now (people visiting in Winter and Spring instead of summer).

Price increases are more strategic than anything. They could raise prices on single day, multi-day or AP tickets or all three groups. Or maybe none at all. If they don't offer the local discount (resident salute/twofer) that might be a good indication that they are comfortable with the current visitor mix.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
What's the likelihood that by 2024 the value admission price will be over $200? Taking bets now!
If they did a $10 increase each year over the next 4 years the peak price would be $199 which is very likely. The peak would be just under $200 and if people complain they can go on the regular and value days which would be $169 and $144 respectively.

Eek....saying that out loud made my stomach turn.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Sorry friends I couldn't resist

59cce791eb22662a48d354dd590a8cf4.jpg

You wascally wabbit!

AJFireman

Wrong, what Prop. 13 did was to insure the current owner that the apprised value would not go up if you didn't build anything new on i, or sale it. If sold, the new owner pays the 1% property tax on the new value (sale price). And if you build on it, for example, ALL the things that Disney has added, such as everything outside the berm, those area and the new structures are appraised at current vale (date it is completed), everyone of those projects has increased the "value" that the 1% tax is charged on.

It really was designed to protect current owners from steep price increases, and to give governments a more steady flow of income, instead of the crazy swings that can happen in the economy.

Thank you . Ok I missed the New Construction part of it. I also found where it says they cannot change the 1 percent that was another question I had if passed. I guess my new question would be are you saying this would not effect Disneyland since they have continuously been reassessed with their new construction? Did the Disneyland Property get reassessed when they built Galaxy Edge or only that section of the park or DCA with the new construction there but really hasnt changed its footprint? Could they be reassessed on certain things that has not been changed or only remodeled on property, ie the hotels since the new prop says they can every 3 years? All this to cause in an increase in property taxes that could be passed on to the guest?

Darkbeer1

Thank you . Ok I missed the New Construction part of it. I also found where it says they cannot change the 1 percent that was another question I had if passed. I guess my new question would be are you saying this would not effect Disneyland since they have continuously been reassessed with their new construction? Did the Disneyland Property get reassessed when they built Galaxy Edge or only that section of the park or DCA with the new construction there but really hasnt changed its footprint? Could they be reassessed on certain things that has not been changed or only remodeled on property, ie the hotels since the new prop says they can every 3 years? All this to cause in an increase in property taxes that could be passed on to the guest?
Easy example. The Disneyland Hotel. Since the towers were already built and just refurbished, that stays at the oldvaluation. The new pool area would be an improvement.

For Galaxy Edge, only the newly built part, not all of Disneyland.

In case of my house, no changes for my projects so far. If I built an addition such as a new bedroom and bathroom increasing my square footage. That addition current value would be add to the original sales price plus the minor adjustments to come up with the tax value.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

I am planning on taking my girlfriend this year to her first trip every to Disneyland, forgive me if this has been asked before but what the difference between a value ticket and a regular ticket price? Peak tickets are self explanitory. but why the price difference in the other 2? does it relate to crowds?

Darkbeer1

All this to cause in an increase in property taxes that could be passed on to the guest?

Yes, the Property Taxes will go up, and that cost will be passed on to the guests.

For Downtown Disney Tenants, their rents will go up due to the tax, and therefore their prices will go up. The Gas Stations costs will go up, so will the off property Hotels, Restaurants, Merchandise Shops, Movie Theaters, etc.

All at the same time and right away, instead of the current system that spreads out when properties get reassessed.

IMHO, not a good idea at all.

And of course, this new tax will hurt the little guys the most (regressive). Home Depot can handle it, the local ACE franchise, not as much.

Darkbeer1

I am planning on taking my girlfriend this year to her first trip every to Disneyland, forgive me if this has been asked before but what the difference between a value ticket and a regular ticket price? Peak tickets are self explanitory. but why the price difference in the other 2? does it relate to crowds?

Value = Slow off-season Tuesday, like a value priced flight. Or when the Angels are playing the Detroit Tigers

Darkbeer1

so the price is only available on tuesdays?

1-Day Value Ticket

May be used until it expires, except on the following days:

• June 18 to December 31, 2019
  • January 1 to 12, 2020
  • January 17 to 27, 2020
  • January 31 to February 2, 2020
  • February 7 to 10, 2020
  • February 14 to 17, 2020
  • February 20 to 23, 2020
  • February 27 to March 1, 2020
  • March 6 to 9, 2020
  • March 12 to 31, 2020

bryanfze55

I’m an out of towner, so I don’t get an AP. I can still get a 5-day Park Hopper for ~$350 on Undercover Tourist... call me crazy, but I still think that’s a decent value for what you get. Entertainment costs money.

Phroobar

I’m an out of towner, so I don’t get an AP. I can still get a 5-day Park Hopper for ~$350 on Undercover Tourist... call me crazy, but I still think that’s a decent value for what you get. Entertainment costs money.
That sounds dirt cheap to me.

bryanfze55

Not when you have a family and it adds up. $1,400 for a family of 4.

That’s expensive in totality, but I still think it’s pretty cheap for 5 full days of a premium experience, particularly if you go at the right time of year and can spend up to 16 hours a day in the parks.

My family of three (excludes the infant that doesn’t cost anything) paid $1060 for our 5-day hoppers this past December. A year ago, we spent roughly $800 on entertainment and attractions over five days in Branson. So it’s pretty close. And Disney is a lot better than Branson. Folks in Branson are nice, and Silver Dollar City is cleaner and nicer than a Six Flags. But it’s still not Disney. The kicker is we can drive to Branson but Disneyland requires flights. So yes, a Disney trip is more expensive for us. But the transportation and hotel costs aren’t going to Disney (assuming offsite stay). Disney is only getting the $1050 we pay to be in their parks for five days, and I maintain that is a reasonably fair price.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom