Rumor Upcoming Price Increases

Nland316

Original Poster
Starting to see on social media that there are hordes of crowds at the ticket booths this evening due to concerns over potential price increases overnight. A year from tomorrow is when they took effect last year in preparation for Galaxy’s Edge record breaking crowds, quote on quote.

Thoughts? Insight?

Personally I hope that last summer was enough of an eye-opener as to what the resort’s price cap should float around, resulting in no increases for a while. Especially since crowd momentum has barely started to return after that whole summer.

bryanfze55

I don’t think there will be a big price increase this year... I’m sure Disney is eyeing another huge price increase in the near future (definitely next year for WDW’s 50th), but I think Disney had enough bad PR in 2019 that this isn’t the right time for a massive increase.

Phroobar

I think halloween and christmas encouraged them too much. I think they have completely forgotten last summer in the face of last week's crowds and will totally raise prices again. They've already sacrificed their scapegoat so things are all set for price increases again.

Phroobar

Well people stayed away last summer because they were told for years that the place would be packed when the land opens. When Disneyland went into holiday mode, everything went back to packed normal. I see no reason why they won't raise prices again. It just depends on how spooked they are.

Universal Studios Hollywood on the other hand actually reduced prices until Nintendoland opens in a couple of years.

mikenatcity1

Well people stayed away last summer because they were told for years that the place would be packed when the land opens. When Disneyland went into holiday mode, everything went back to packed normal. I see no reason why they won't raise prices again. It just depends on how spooked they are.

Universal Studios Hollywood on the other hand actually reduced prices until Nintendoland opens in a couple of years.

You hit on what I was going to say- it was beyond packed when I was there. In fact, the holiday crowds appeared a couple weeks earlier than they expected and were no prepared for. I think the crowds came back and Disney smiled.

Could they be anticipating the crowds at DL like they have a DHS with RotR right now? If so, I can see a price increase coming (I hate even the thought of it...)

KevinPage

Yet people are claiming TDO management is in a panic re: lower than anticipated/expected hotel occupancy, so would seem counter intuitive.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
It's official! Disney just announced the upcoming price increases:

1 park ticket
$154 Value
$179 Regular
$209 Peak
(Park Hopper option available for an additional $99)

2 day park ticket
1 park per day - $600
park hopper - $710

3 day park ticket
1 park per day - $729
park hopper - $840

The Flex Passport has been discontinued
Deluxe Passport is now $999
Signature Passport is now $1,400
Signature Plus is now $1,700

The Disney Premier Passport is now "If you must ask, you probably can't afford it"
I'm trolling but admit it.. you would've believed me.

Dad 2 M & M

It's official! Disney just announced the upcoming price increases:

1 park ticket
$154 Value
$179 Regular
$209 Peak
(Park Hopper option available for an additional $99)

2 day park ticket
1 park per day - $600
park hopper - $710

3 day park ticket
1 park per day - $729
park hopper - $840

The Flex Passport has been discontinued
Deluxe Passport is now $999
Signature Passport is now $1,400
Signature Plus is now $1,700

The Disney Premier Passport is now "If you must ask, you probably can't afford it"
I'm trolling but admit it.. you would've believed me.
I think you inadvertently quoted 2 Passes in the following (I pasted your numbers in red):

2 day park ticket
1 park per day - $600
park hopper - $710

3 day park ticket
1 park per day - $729

park hopper - $840

My guess you DOUBLED the price for the 3 Day ticket, and assigned it to 2 Day Park Ticket. Here is what I found (from your link)

2 Day Park ticket
1 park per day - $225
park hopper - $280

3 Day ticket
1 park per day - $300
park hopper - $355

If you double the 3 Day ticket $$$, it is exactly the $$ for your 2 day park ticket

AJFireman

I am curious about the Initiative that is on the Ballot (California Tax on Commercial and Industrial Properties for Education and Local Government) if passes will or how it will effect the Disneyland Resort? If passed how big a price increase would happen? I could see it passing because it will be passed of as lets stick it to big business. When it will effect small business and possible spread to homeowners next.

For those that are not familiar with it and from what I have read about it. Maybe someone can explain it better. If passed would allow the government to charge property taxes on business based on their current value. Currently its charged by the value the property was at time Prop 13 was voted on in 1978

Dad 2 M & M

Another thing to be on the lookout is the hard ticket events increasing, or replacing EMEs. I noticed in Orlando, a couple of the MK EME in March (the 11th and 18th), have been replaced by the Villains party.....

D

Deleted member 107043

I think they have completely forgotten last summer in the face of last week's crowds and will totally raise prices again

Phrub do you really think they've forgotten? I believe reducing crowds by raising admission prices was a feature not a bug. In other words it was intentional, and DLR's FY19 revenue was up not down in spite of last summer's slowdown. Here's a snippet from a report on DP&Rs FY19 performance (emphasis mine):

• Growth at Disneyland Resort in California was primarily due to higher guest spending, partially offset by expenses associated with Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, which opened on May 31, and, to a lesser extent, lower attendance.
  • Guest spending growth at Disneyland was primarily due to increases in average ticket prices and higher food, beverage and merchandise spending.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Well people stayed away last summer because they were told for years that the place would be packed when the land opens.
That and a combination of Non-AP admission price increases coupled with AP blockouts. I would guess that the slow summer (and the reasons behind it) were heavily evaluated. I think the busy holidays had a lot to do with APs being blocked out for the summer and excitement to get back to the parks....though I'm sure a lot of the crowds were vacationers as well.

I wouldn't be surprised if we continue to see price increases for APs, but general admission staying the same (or lowered, though I doubt it) to help bring vacationers back in the summer.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
I think you inadvertently quoted 2 Passes in the following (I pasted your numbers in red):

2 day park ticket
1 park per day - $600
park hopper - $710

3 day park ticket
1 park per day - $729

park hopper - $840

My guess you DOUBLED the price for the 3 Day ticket, and assigned it to 2 Day Park Ticket. Here is what I found (from your link)

2 Day Park ticket
1 park per day - $225
park hopper - $280

3 Day ticket
1 park per day - $300
park hopper - $355

If you double the 3 Day ticket $$$, it is exactly the $$ for your 2 day park ticket
Pretty sure his post was a joke. I'm looking at the site and none of the prices have increased.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No

2 day park ticket
1 park per day - $600
park hopper - $710

3 day park ticket
1 park per day - $729

park hopper - $840

2 Day Park ticket
1 park per day - $225
park hopper - $280

3 Day ticket
1 park per day - $300
park hopper - $355

Pretty sure his post was a joke. I'm looking at the site and none of the prices have increased.

Sorry friends I couldn't resist

Darkbeer1

For those that are not familiar with it and from what I have read about it. Maybe someone can explain it better. If passed would allow the government to charge property taxes on business based on their current value. Currently its charged by the value the property was at time Prop 13 was voted on in 1978

Wrong, what Prop. 13 did was to insure the current owner that the apprised value would not go up if you didn't build anything new on i, or sale it. If sold, the new owner pays the 1% property tax on the new value (sale price). And if you build on it, for example, ALL the things that Disney has added, such as everything outside the berm, those area and the new structures are appraised at current vale (date it is completed), everyone of those projects has increased the "value" that the 1% tax is charged on.

It really was designed to protect current owners from steep price increases, and to give governments a more steady flow of income, instead of the crazy swings that can happen in the economy.

Phroobar

I bet they increase a single day one park by at least $25.

Anyone want to start betting how much it will be? Maybe we can make up some odds?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom