Upcoming Fantasyland ReDesign

TarzanRocked99-

Original Poster
The Blue Sky Disney Blog just released its first large Orlando update in months. The site has been pretty accurate in the past and is not one to throw out wild info. Anyway it details a drastically redesigned and expanded Fantasyland to be completed within 5 years. Anyone want to confirm if its true or if they know more?

TarzanRocked99-

Original Poster
still, two new dark rides and a coaster seems like a tight squeeze for the old 20k plot. Ecspecially if these are going to be fully immerive experiences. I assume the Pixie Hollow area would fit better over by PPF and IASW in the old Skyway building, but I am just guessing here.

IcicleM

The only thing they're getting for "Pixie Hallow" is the meet and greet room itself. It's going to look like you're the size of a pixie in this giant forest, but it's still not going to be as extravagant as the blog makes it out to be

primetime52

In addition to some new attractions, it would be nice to see them perform a general make-over of the building facades in Fantasyland. Get rid of those tacky metal looking awnings in front of the attractions and give the buildings more character, they way they do in DL's Fantasyland.

And of course, bring back Mr. Toad's Wild Ride!

Spike-in-Berlin

The Blue Sky Disney Blog just released its first large Orlando update in months. The site has been pretty accurate in the past and is not one to throw out wild info. Anyway it details a drastically redesigned and expanded Fantasyland to be completed within 5 years. Anyone want to confirm if its true or if they know more?

A link would be nice.

HMF

It is interesting that they have decided to update Magic Kingdom's Fantasyland now because Disneyland's was updated before I was born.:confused: What took them so long?:dazzle:

still, two new dark rides and a coaster seems like a tight squeeze for the old 20k plot. Ecspecially if these are going to be fully immerive experiences. I assume the Pixie Hollow area would fit better over by PPF and IASW in the old Skyway building, but I am just guessing here.

Does anyone know anything more about what the dark rides and coaster will be?

SWatsi

If I read correctly he suggested...
  1. A version of The Little Mermaid Dark Ride also going into California Adventure
  2. A Snow White\Dwarves themed rollercoaster (I assume a mine cart type thing - not an inverted looping rollercoaster...)
  3. and something to do with Beauty and the Beast
Then this Pixie hollow thing, and a Princess meeting spot or something.

jt04

Coaster is Snow White (seems odd) and a BatB attraction was mentioned which may or may not be a dark ride. Fantasyland needs this kind of upgrade but so does Tomorrowland. Only time will tell. Seems very Blue Sky to me but I would love to see the whole land updated.

As for if there is enough room for several new attractions, there is an amazing amount of space available. If they were to expand behind IASW, and use all of the old 20K spot (and the area behind that) they could fit just about anything. I realize there are backstage facilities but those can be reconfigured/removed. There is really enough space to add a whole new "land" if they were so inclined. Check google earth and you will see it is a loooooong way back to the railroad tracks. This rumor seems quite plausible.

Lee

Adventurer
Slow down...take a deep breath....
As the title of the blog says, it's all very "Blue Sky".

No greenlight. No approval. Just proposals.

Brwneyedgirl72

Well these are all very nice proposals - however it remains to be seen if any (or all) come to fruition. I think a revamp of Fantasyland is a great idea.

tinkerblonde11

I think it's a really great idea too. I'm loving all of the proposals for those three new rides. Great idea to make a Snow White roller-coaster. A BatB dark ride sounds very nice. And I've seen a virtual Little Mermaid dark ride on Youtube that was on the dvd (never got around to buy it) and I thought it looked really fun. I'm hoping that we can get more info on these things and that some of these great ideas will come through.

The Empress Lilly

I would love an expansion of Fantasyland!

The most 'Disney' of all the Disney parks are the 'Magic Kingdoms', and the most Disney part of a MK is Fantasyland. It is the sanctum sanctorum of Disney, the very heart of it all. The castle and the fairytale fantasies that lie beyond.

Much as I prefer WDW over DL and DP, it is precisely the Fantasyland version where Florida is very inferior to either. Not worse per se, simply so very much smaller. And to think they have all this space...
There's enough space within the Railroad track to double the size of Fantasyland. (Check Google Earth or Google Maps...)

Anything will do. I'd go nuts over one or two new FL dark rides...:sohappy:

hpyhnt 1000

While no guarantee that any of this will happen, at least there are some proposals and rumors circulating. At this point, I'll take ANY new addition to Fantasyland. It desperately needs it.

A new coaster is just "Wow," and the Seven Dwarves Mine Theme would fit perfectly. Imagine riding in a runaway mine car through the caverns with the Dwarf animatronics all around. Lots of fun. Anything Beauty and the Beast is great in my opinion. This movie is one of the most popular classics and deserves its own dark ride. I wonder what the facade of the building would be ... a smaller version of the Beast's castle perhaps? If Disney puts in a lot of effort, this could be the best attraction Disney World has seen in a long time. The Little Mermaid ride we've heard about before is also great. The Magic Kingdom hasn't seen anything big for quite a while. It really needs this, especially Fantasyland.

Exprcoofto

This sounds awesome and would be even more cooler if it came true. The only major area (I found) for new attractions to Fantasyland would be behind Pooh's Playful Spot. There is a little narrow area you could create a walkway (between Ariel's Meet & Greet and Pooh's Playful Spot) which then leads you to a huge open area that is big enough for those ideas.

I did this little map it explain it better:

Room-for-more.png

(Image from Google Earth)

Anyone think that might be plausible? Just an idea... :shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom