Unsure who to vote for regarding the Walt Disney Co. Board

pcr42

With one notable exception, Peltz has harmed every company he's had a board seat on.

He absolutely could. He would be devastating for the board.

Influence - Peltz has a history of strongarming people on the board to get his way; he leaks info, puts pressure on the other board members.

Peltz has a poor track record with companies. Why would we want him to come in?

As I said above, that's not his track record- he talks a good game to get the board seat, but then historically he drives companies into the ground.

Besides, he stated no new investment in parks unless a definitive ROI can be shown. That's exactly what we DON'T want, because not every park improvement generates obvious ROI, but the sum total does. That's code for only doing improvmements that will generate immediate revenue, like Genie+, or special-ticket attractions, etc.

Look, Iger is not great, but Peltz would be a disaster. If he gets on the board, it will destroy the company.
What companies does Pelts have a poor track record with? He has turned around multiple organizations in my research. I'm having a hard time finding this slash and burn reputation. He seems to stick with the companies for a while too. Result on the other hand, I don't know.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
What companies does Pelts have a poor track record with? He has turned around multiple organizations in my research. I'm having a hard time finding this slash and burn reputation. He seems to stick with the companies for a while too. Result on the other hand, I don't know.
1710205701720.png

View attachment 770476

View attachment 770477

View attachment 770478

View attachment 770479

Brian

JP Morgan Chase CEO Jamie Dimon endorsed Iger in the proxy fight in a statement to a CNBC reporter:

“Bob is a first-class executive and outstanding leader who I’ve known for decades. He knows the media and entertainment business cold and has the successful track record to prove it. It’s a complicated industry filled with creative talent, requiring the unique expertise and engagement skills that Bob possesses. Putting people on a Board unnecessarily can harm a company. I don’t know why shareholders would take that risk, especially given the significant progress the company has made since Bob came back.”

Tha Realest

I think he was speaking more in his personal capacity, but definitely a valid point.
I don’t discount that, but I’m not sure a man of his standing has a “personal capacity.” He looks peckish in public or checks in to a certain type of medical facility and it would cause shockwaves in the markets.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
JP Morgan Chase CEO Jamie Dimon endorsed Iger in the proxy fight in a statement to a CNBC reporter:
Very clever, Mrs Estherhouse!

Considering ABC management -- with Iger as COO -- managed their network into an acquisition target basket-case, I have to wonder if JP Morgan Chase is looking at acquiring and dismantling Disney/ABC for fun and profit.

Lilofan

Dimon has known Iger for many years and even Dimon survived his own shareholder revolt approx 10 years ago during the London Whale scandal. Eisner did not survive his shareholder revolt and quit. As it looks right now, no shareholder revolt even remotely to get rid of Iger .

DawnC331

I've followed very slightly the whole Nelson Peltz, etc, board fight going on but am conflicted regarding who to vote for. I love Disney World, have been disappointed by what I see as a decline in innovation and the feeling of them resting on their laurels in the theme park space and confused by the direction they have taken with their entertainment properties. I'm considering voting for Peltz and Rasulo for the board but admit I have fairly limited knowledge of what they actually plan to do to improve things and how they would go about it. I'd appreciate any informed opinions members here could give me both for and against the board members up for a vote. Thanks!
I'm a correspondent for Reuters, and I'm covering the Disney proxy battle. I'd love to talk with you about how you ultimately decided to vote. Please contact me at dawn.chmielewski@thomsonreuters.com to discuss. Thanks!

Mickey_Forever

I've only read a few pages from this forum and appreciate everyone's opinions. It's helped me confirm my vote decision. This should be a wake up call to Bob I. and the board. The magic was lost in 2022 with Bob C. at the helm and lots of wild spending in the wrong places. Bob C.'s thirst for $$$ was his downfall. From everyday park guests to fragile A Lister celebs alike, he tried to squeeze money at every turn. His moves caused the consumer and creative community to not trust the Mouse House and Bob I's biggest challenge is to restore that trust. Stories and great characters are at the core of what makes TWDC the cultural icon that it is. You can't have the Frozen ride without the movie. You can't have the movie without the characters and sharp storytelling. However, if a tree falls in the woods, does it make a sound if no one is there to hear it? Stop fooling w/ the streaming service and address its serious flaws. Disney Plus has been clunky from day one and it's been a huge money suck. Bob I. should be putting TWDC's resources behind the algorithm and technology to make the UI / UX be as good as or better than that of competitors. Can they buy Apple TV + for its technology? Disney Plus is terrible - old shows appear on the home pages of the different brands and old seasons get pushed to the top when a new season drops. There seems to be no algorithm. It's maddening. Yes - take ownership of all of Hulu but please, please, please use their technology and dump Disney Plus's embarrassing tech. Freeze exec bonuses and use that money to improve the tech. Hold creative leaders accountable. Netflix has exec change b/c their creative leads are actually held accountable.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I've only read a few pages from this forum and appreciate everyone's opinions. It's helped me confirm my vote decision. This should be a wake up call to Bob I. and the board. The magic was lost in 2022 with Bob C. at the helm and lots of wild spending in the wrong places. Bob C.'s thirst for $$$ was his downfall. From everyday park guests to fragile A Lister celebs alike, he tried to squeeze money at every turn. His moves caused the consumer and creative community to not trust the Mouse House and Bob I's biggest challenge is to restore that trust. Stories and great characters are at the core of what makes TWDC the cultural icon that it is. You can't have the Frozen ride without the movie. You can't have the movie without the characters and sharp storytelling. However, if a tree falls in the woods, does it make a sound if no one is there to hear it? Stop fooling w/ the streaming service and address its serious flaws. Disney Plus has been clunky from day one and it's been a huge money suck. Bob I. should be putting TWDC's resources behind the algorithm and technology to make the UI / UX be as good as or better than that of competitors. Can they buy Apple TV + for its technology? Disney Plus is terrible - old shows appear on the home pages of the different brands and old seasons get pushed to the top when a new season drops. There seems to be no algorithm. It's maddening. Yes - take ownership of all of Hulu but please, please, please use their technology and dump Disney Plus's embarrassing tech. Freeze exec bonuses and use that money to improve the tech. Hold creative leaders accountable. Netflix has exec change b/c their creative leads are actually held accountable.

Indeed, everyone should be voting against Iger because the Disney+ algorithm isn't as refined as it should be.

A word of advice: Stay away from Amazon Prime Video, then.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I don't know what version you're using, but I primarily use D+ on my Firestick, and its night and day better today than it was at launch. My largest complaint is with search as its still clunky, but no service gets it right, and overall the experience is better than it used to be. Things will continue to improve over time, especially now that Hulu has started to be integrated into D+.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom