Unsure who to vote for regarding the Walt Disney Co. Board

PirateFrank

The current leadership is squarely responsible for deflating TWDC stock by more than half its peak.

Any mention that the current leadership is a better option and one should vote for the status quo, is a true head in the sand moment.

Wow…just wow.

Laketravis

He likes them till it doesn’t suit his goals anymore.

Well that's certainly true at any company. His goals are obviously aligned with conventional corporate greed, and that is to grow revenue, profits, and shareholder equity. I think he's smart enough to know that of all the assets currently under the Disney umbrella, parks probably has the highest potential to do that, and can do that if the correct changes and improvements are made.

Surferboy567

Well that's certainly true at any company. His goals are obviously aligned with conventional corporate greed, and that is to grow revenue, profits, and shareholder equity. I think he's smart enough to know that of all the assets currently under the Disney umbrella, parks probably has the highest potential to do that, and can do that if the correct changes and improvements are made.
Fair point, we all want expansion it’s the super obvious thing to do. They are just not smart enough to realize that.

Dranth

The current leadership is squarely responsible for deflating TWDC stock by more than half its peak.

Any mention that the current leadership is a better option and one should vote for the status quo, is a true head in the sand moment.

Wow…just wow.
It was down to $92 by the time Chapek was booted and is sitting at $99 today. They are responsible for it underperforming but to say they lost half is just ridiculous and factually wrong. That half was lost before current management was put back in place.

ABQ

So we have a few odd things being said in this thread, on one hand it's been said that Peltz and Rasulo would destroy the company and then we have it being said that 2 seats isn't enough power to accomplish anything. It does some TWDC itself thinks those 2 sets are worth something as they wouldn't be making silly cartoons with Ludwig Von Drake telling everyone to vote wHite and not vote for Trian et al.

lazyboy97o

Makes sense. Worked for Meta and Alphabet and even Musk. Would that then expose the non-performing bleeders that would become prospects for M&A? Perhaps.
Huh? You pointing to companies accused of being monopolies as example of being made smaller?

But it could be good for Parks. Peltz likes the parks.
Then why on God’s green earth is associating with Rasulo?

Trauma

D+ doesn’t need to achieve the same numbers as Netflix, it needs to be profitable, which it likely will be this year. I really don’t want to have Disney emulate Netflix, which churns out the most banal, uninspired content imaginable (yes, more so than Disney - it’s pretty much the only streaming service I don’t pay for).

I am very excited for EU, but it remains to be seen how much it cuts into WDW’s attendance. I find it just as likely that, as with other Uni additions, it raises Orlando tourism as a whole and benefits Disney. It certainly won’t lead to Uni’s superiority over Disney. Uni has been a better value than Disney for well over a decade. I desperately want WDW to build, but from a business perspective, I understand not reacting aggressively, especially given the Florida political environment for the next several years. In any case, Iger, whose legacy is inextricably tied to the Disney brand, is more likely to build then a dividend-driven outsider.

And let’s not pretend Uni is exempt from the forces plaguing Disney. EU looks fantastic but it’s underbuilt. Ticket prices have been skyrocketing. Spending on the existing parks has been slashed. The latest additions, Minions Blast and Dreamworks Land, are value-engineered disappointments. The grass is greener at Uni but the manure is the same.
Well we will have to agree to disagree.

D+ may become profitable soon but can it be sustained?

How is profitability being obtained ?

We know its by cutting costs aka cutting content.

That may not have an immediate affect on subs but long term it will increase churn.

Netflix has won the streaming war.

I’m also interested in how you have diagnosed EU as under-built. You must have been granted early access?

We are looking at what 6 or more E tickets?

Thats more than AK.

I don’t know about your strategy of sit and do nothing.

Seems like a loser to me.

PirateFrank

It was down to $92 by the time Chapek was booted and is sitting at $99 today. They are responsible for it underperforming but to say they lost half is just ridiculous and factually wrong. That half was lost before current management was put back in place.

184 was the peak. Pretty much half.
trying to claim Chapek is responsible for this mess, while Iger refused to step away (or give up his shower) is a tap dance. The leadership was the same and you know it.

Laketravis

You’re point seemed to be that they’ve split themselves up which they have absolutely not done.

That was not my point, that was an example I offered of several other (successful, by the way) companies that split off or originally established divisions into separate public companies rather than keep them all under one silo.

ETA:
Apply this logic to the current DIS operating as holistically as one company:

Alphabet is a conglomerate holding company and now one of the world's most valuable companies. It was created through a restructuring of Google and became the parent company of Google and several former Google subsidiaries.

Meta is another conglomerate that grew out of Facebook and now owns Facebook, Instagram, Threads, WhatsApp, and others.

Musk didn't establish Boring, Twitter, SpaceX, Neuralink, Paypal and X.com as divisions of Tesla. They are (or were if no longer around) their own separate corporations.

I think the idea of Disney being too big to be governed/managed/grown under a single corporate silo has merit, if only to eliminate the cannabalism of profits and capital between divisions.

Last edited:

LSLS

Wow…just wow.

Again, go look at the people saying not to vote for Peltz. This isn't the Disney defenders. You have a lot of people who have railed against Iger for YEARS (maybe even a decade or more). Iger ABSOLUTELY should be gone, and should have been gone years before he left (and REALLY shouldn't have been brought back). But this idea Peltz and Rasulo are these amazing saviors is where the real head in the sand is. Peltz has never been about doing anything that would make you think his end game is to make the company or parks elite top notch. Heck, he's back around because dividends (again). Rasulo as has been discussed multiple times has openly hated the parks. In order to believe their goal is to fix what is going on with the parks (and studios) would be to ignore what they have done for the past 30 years of their careers.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Vote for me, if you vote for me, I promise the following things:

>Hot cheese at EVERY location that serves food
>Heated bathrooms for all
>the It's a Small World song on loop at all 4 theme parks, including the waterparks
>a Splash Mountain overlay for Tiana's Bayou Adventure

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom