Unsuitable Rides For Sensitive 5 Yr Old?

lamarvenoy

My 3 1/2 year old son went on Test Track last weekend and LOVED it.He also liked HISTA but the snake part was a little scary for him.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
LilDucky said:
Fantasmic! is usually a show I'd recommend for everyone to do, especially a first timer. However, I was about 6 years old when I first saw it in Disneyland, and I had nightmares for like 2 weeks. I dont want to give too much away, but one of the main themes of the show is good vs. evil. Lots of villain "cameos". It has some loud pyrotechnics, and large dragons and snakes and stuff like that. Of course it has a happy ending.... but I was seriously scared for Mickey.

I forgot about this one...Fantasmic might do her in. It does have a very cool and happy ending that you could tell her about but like said above, it is really loud. If Disney villians dont scare her then she might be sort of okay with it. I would definetlysay you should give it a try with the understanding that you might have to leave quickly if she looses it. In the long run it will be worth if it she likes it because its an all around great show.

LESLIECOOL

I definately agree with TOT but HISTA, my 4 yr old son was going on. But definately do without TOT your 1st trip with an infant. If you have an older child going on Dinosaur! [AK] I'd recommend going to the Boneyard or Chester & Hester's Dino-Rama with your little one. If I had to tell you a useful fact about TOT, it'd be DONT GO ON IT WITH ANYBODY UNDER 6!!!!!!! That's just my advice.................. to you

Woody13

Carousel of Progress. A poor family is trapped in a 20th century time warp. They end up mutilating a turkey at the end.

DisneyFreak529

Woody13 said:
Carousel of Progress. A poor family is trapped in a 20th century time warp. They end up mutilating a turkey at the end.

I don't kow what scarier being trapped in a time warp or a ride that doesn't work well. :lol:

decbysteph

Original Poster
Thank you all for your replies! I was wondering about Fantasmic. I really want to see it. Maybe that will be the night we leave her with a babysitter and then my DH and I can do the adult MGM stuff!

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
decbysteph said:
Thank you all for your replies! I was wondering about Fantasmic. I really want to see it. Maybe that will be the night we leave her with a babysitter and then my DH and I can do the adult MGM stuff!

That would be a Fantastic! idea. lol. You could have a really noce dinner at The Brown Derby or something and then go on rides like RnR, ToT, Star Tours, Sounds Dangerous, and all the other great adult stuff that she wouldnt normally be able to do. Yay for babysitters! :lol:

(Btw, if you are interested in bringing along your own private babysitter i'm available!!! Lol. :) Anything for a Disney trip!)

Nemo14

:lol::lol: Add me to that babysitter list too!

Whatever you decide on, remember that you know your child better than anyone else. Don't try to push anything on her that you don't think she's ready for. She'll have plenty of time to experience it all when she's ready. I get so upset with parents that I see in the parks forcing their kids to go on things that they're obviously terrified of. :mad:

Have a magical trip!

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Interesting question. While I always considered "scary" with my kids, I never anticipated sound (particularly volume) and lights as something that scared them, but it sure did.

I agree with the various 3D shows...but one that wasn't brought up was Muppets. It has some of the same effects as the others and gets loud at the end. I love it, but I know two of my three didn't at younger ages. I believe she would love Soarin' as well as Test Track. I would guess sticking to many of the great live shows would be a good approach (Fantasmic not withstanding)

JMishy

I remember being amazed that my dd hated Philharmagic. The part with the corks poping out at her and the bursts of air made her cry so hard that we had to leave. And she wasn't the only child crying either.

Mr Bill

Woody13 said:
Thanks a lot, now the people around me will think I'm insane. :lol:

Also, I'm 16 and still hate ITTBaB.

TheMagicMouse

If she is tall enough (I think you have to be 48" tall, but) , do not bring her on mission space, kinda obvious, but, I might as well give some fore warning.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom