Unrepresented movies at WDW

Robbiemoo

I agree with others that it would be good to have a sleeping beauty ride in fantasy land - the movie has such great visuals it crys out for a ride. Tron as well for the same reasons and if done right could be a good fit for EPCOT

I'd love to see a Jungle Book boat attraction where you float through scenes from the movie - trust in me, bear necessities, King Louie's temple, a climax with sheer Khan and a my own home end. Would be a great fit for Adventureland.

I know it's in Disneyland but Roger Rabbit has great potential and would be a perfect for for DHS WDW could have a new toontown area, a trackless version of cartoon spin, the toontown trolley ride that was planned years ago and maybe some c/d tickets and an ink and paint club restaurant for character meals it would be fantastic

From Pixar I'd love to see something from wall-e at Epcot and an incredibles ride could be a good way to repurpose some of the marvel ideas at other parks into a for at which could be used at WDW

Otterhead

A more recent one that surprised me -- Zootopia. It's one of Disney's biggest movies of all time, but on my visit to the parks last month, there was... nothing. I wouldn't expect any kind of attraction yet, but I only saw Nick & Judy once on the back of a float; they were doing no meet & greets. There wasn't any merchandise, no t-shirts, no toys. I couldn't go five feet without seeing Frozen stuff, but there's surprisingly zero stuff for a massive hit movie.

Princess Leia

A more recent one that surprised me -- Zootopia. It's one of Disney's biggest movies of all time, but on my visit to the parks last month, there was... nothing. I wouldn't expect any kind of attraction yet, but I only saw Nick & Judy once on the back of a float; they were doing no meet & greets. There wasn't any merchandise, no t-shirts, no toys. I couldn't go five feet without seeing Frozen stuff, but there's surprisingly zero stuff for a massive hit movie.
My first guess is that Disney doesn't want to promote its non-musicals, but that wouldn't explain the Baymax M&G. Zootopia was one of the best performing movies this year, my 3 year old cousin loves it, and there's literally zero presence of it anywhere. I was literally at my local Disney store last week, and while they had a Moana ornament (the movie had not come out yet when I went to the store), they didn't have anything for Zootopia. They had retro Pete's Dragon and Robin Hood, but nothing for another animated fox.

Otterhead

My first guess is that Disney doesn't want to promote its non-musicals, but that wouldn't explain the Baymax M&G.

When they appeared in the parade, people went nuts, but when we asked CMs about meet-and-greets, they said "they're not starting until next week... and only at special ticketed events like the Halloween and Christmas parties". I did see a decent amount of Moana merchandise (the toy version of Maui's hook is super cool) but the only Zootopia merchandise I've seen all year long was at Target.

Princess Leia

When they appeared in the parade, people went nuts, but when we asked CMs about meet-and-greets, they said "they're not starting until next week... and only at special ticketed events like the Halloween and Christmas parties". I did see a decent amount of Moana merchandise (the toy version of Maui's hook is super cool) but the only Zootopia merchandise I've seen all year long was at Target.
Idk if Disney is waiting until it wins an Academy Award, but it's probably going up against Moana (as well as other movies), so who knows at this point.

Pocahontas

Wall-E, which is probably the best Pixar movie ever made. Features attractions would be popular with the kids and would spread a good message about environmentalism.

Could fit in well in EPCOT or Tomorrowland.

Matt_Black

Agreed, that movie's like their red-headed stepchild --- I feel like people have forgotten it exists. Bowler Hat Guy made an appearance at the Halloween party last year, though!

It gets shown on the Disney channels more than other films, like Hunchback or Home on the Range.

Po'Rich

Wall-E, which is probably the best Pixar movie ever made. Features attractions would be popular with the kids and would spread a good message about environmentalism.

Could fit in well in EPCOT or Tomorrowland.
I would rather see a ride based on Wall-E in Tomorrowland than Wreck-It Ralph.

Launchpad McQuack

My daughter always talks about a Tangled roller coaster ride on Rapunzel's hair. I guess they can refurb the Tangled potties with something interesting along those lines...:rolleyes:
Would probably need FP+ to go with it, too...

I would welcome any sort of Tangled attraction with open arms. However, I will never understand the general dislike for the Tangled restrooms on these forums. It's one of the best themed/best looking areas in Magic Kingdom, and I'd much rather have those than just another building with toilets.

Disney4family

I would welcome any sort of Tangled attraction with open arms. However, I will never understand the general dislike for the Tangled restrooms on these forums. It's one of the best themed/best looking areas in Magic Kingdom, and I'd much rather have those than just another building with toilets.
I also think they did a beautiful job with the area. It becomes even more magical at night with the lanterns.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom