Unrepresented movies at WDW

brb1006

The Rescuers (Come on the film and it's sequel is just asking for an E Ticket attraction)

Bambi (The only Bambi related stuff I see is the topiary at Epcot and Thumper and Miss Bunny at AK who shows up randomly.)

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
I don't think there's nearly enough Frozen representation at the parks.

SarcasmSign.jpg

Phroobar

Where are the Robin Hood, Great Mouse Detective and Oliver & Company rides? The Black Cauldron deserves it's own land.

Pocahontas

I know I already said that Wall-E is incredibly underrepresented, but I think Mulan and Pocahontas are as well. At least they have characters that usually aren't difficult to meet, but those movies are the better princess movies. However, I get that they're not as popular with the general public and children.

Matt_Black

I know I already said that Wall-E is incredibly underrepresented, but I think Mulan and Pocahontas are as well. At least they have characters that usually aren't difficult to meet, but those movies are the better princess movies. However, I get that they're not as popular with the general public and children.

Of the Princess movies, I'm pretty sure that Pocahontas has the lowest scores on critic sites, like Rotten Tomatoes. I like it, but I think you'd have a very tough time arguing that it is objectively better than Snow White, Beauty & The Beast, or The Little Mermaid.

Pocahontas

Of the Princess movies, I'm pretty sure that Pocahontas has the lowest scores on critic sites, like Rotten Tomatoes. I like it, but I think you'd have a very tough time arguing that it is objectively better than Snow White, Beauty & The Beast, or The Little Mermaid.
I meant more so in terms of the message and such. I completely understand the other princess and movies are incomparable popularity wise.
But I think Pocahontas and Mulan are really representative of a strong female archetype. & people go crazy over anything princess related.
Not to be too "PC" or whatever, but I also think the minority representation is really important.

Maybe I'm just attached to these movies because they were my favorites growing up but I think some really cool attractions can be themed around them! Especially a China pavilion attraction.

BigRedDad

Old Yeller: What better thing to have at a shooting gallery. Have it show a dog being bitten by wild boar and you put a quarter in the machine to shoot a yellow lab.
Gummy Bears:I would love to go on that coaster in their tree
Talespin
Tron

Launchpad McQuack

Gummy Bears:I would love to go on that coaster in their tree
Talespin

With all of the special events and seasonal parties, they should add a special event featuring characters from Tale Spin, Gummi Bears, Darkwing Duck, Duck Tales, Rescue Rangers, Gargoyles, and anything else from that general time period that I may be forgetting. All of the 30-something parents would either drag their whole families to it or ditch the kids and have some "me time" with their childhood favorites.

Of course it has to be a special event because everything needs to be monetized.

Princess Leia

... Really? You look up any list of "Worst Disney Animated Films" and there's a good chance that one is on there. I personally like it, but I can understand why many do not.
Idk if you knew this or not, but it used to have a pretty big focus at Tokyo Disneyland. They had an attraction called the 'Cinderella Castle Mystery Tour', and guests went up against various Disney villains. It ended with the Horned King, and well, just look at him.
latest

tumblr_inline_nr8inyRcCF1t35w55_400.jpg

http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/Cinderella_Castle_Mystery_Tour

There are a few youtube videos, but unfortunately, they're all in Japanese.

brb1006

With all of the special events and seasonal parties, they should add a special event featuring characters from Tale Spin, Gummi Bears, Darkwing Duck, Duck Tales, Rescue Rangers, Gargoyles, and anything else from that general time period that I may be forgetting. All of the 30-something parents would either drag their whole families to it or ditch the kids and have some "me time" with their childhood favorites.

Of course it has to be a special event because everything needs to be monetized.
I hope Duey,Dewey, and Louie might return to WDW when the Ducktales reboot comes out next year.

Magenta Panther

Mary Poppins, without question. The film was a huge box-office success and won 20 awards - yes, 20 - and was nominated for 14 more. Yet you'd never know it, looking at the parks. Mary is barely there in any of them. And why? Because Robert "But-what-has-she-done-for-us-LATELY" Iger apparently has a contempt for classic Disney, which is why, for example, the Animation attraction at DHS was taken over by one of his acquisitions. Low-class cement head.

Perhaps the next CEO of Disney will have an appreciation for the movies that actually built the company and are still earning it some major coin, films that defined the Disney magic. And will NOT be driven by ego and greed. Here's hoping.

mary-poppins-supercalifragilisticexpialidocious-death-metal-version-video.gif

Matt_Black

Idk if you knew this or not, but it used to have a pretty big focus at Tokyo Disneyland. They had an attraction called the 'Cinderella Castle Mystery Tour', and guests went up against various Disney villains. It ended with the Horned King, and well, just look at him.
latest

tumblr_inline_nr8inyRcCF1t35w55_400.jpg

http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/Cinderella_Castle_Mystery_Tour

There are a few youtube videos, but unfortunately, they're all in Japanese.

Well, Japan is a little different. They have characters from the Stitch animated series meeting that most U.S. guests have never even heard of.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom