Unreleased Fantasyland Expansion Concept Art

yeti

I asked more than one Imagineer. All agreed that both MK and DCA versions are "D".

End of that debate.

When Toy Story Mania came out, everyone called it a "D+ Ticket", or something like that; it was unanimously declared the best a D-Ticket could be. Mermaid is going to better than Midway Mania, so like I said before, it'll depend on who you ask. Some will call it an E, no questions asked.

There, I'm done.

Lee

Adventurer
Mermaid is going to better than Midway Mania,
That, too, will depend on who you ask.

We've all been down this ride classification road before, and it leads nowhere.
I'll follow WDI's call on the matter. That takes all the opinion out of it.

S

stphnbogert

We've all been down this ride classification road before, and it leads nowhere.
I'll follow WDI's call on the matter. That takes all the opinion out of it.

Thanks for your info. Do you know if they're done designing FLE yet? And everything has been finalized?

JustInTime

Which concept art is more current?

I don't care for the "unreleased" ones. The minor changes irk me. I hope we get the one that was previously released.

JimboJones123

When Toy Story Mania came out, everyone called it a "D+ Ticket", or something like that; it was unanimously declared the best a D-Ticket could be. Mermaid is going to better than Midway Mania, so like I said before, it'll depend on who you ask. Some will call it an E, no questions asked.

There, I'm done.

Until it has Fastpasses gone in 60 minutes every day and a standby line that never drops below 60 minutes -- most won't agree it is better than TSMM.

We would have loved to ride TSMM 2-3x a day at DHS like every other attraction in WDW on our last trip. Truth is, it s THE hardest draw in the parks. Very much like Olivander's at WWoHP. There just isn't enough capacity to counter demand at either.

_Scar

Ticket is not a subjective subject. It's purely objective and saying one ride will be better than the other should not involve whether one is an E, D, or even a B.

Soarin isn't much of what a classic E would be, nor would I consider it an E to say... Splash Mountain or DINOSAUR. But it's still by far Epcot's most popular attraction. Also, TSMM.

Being a D isn't so bad:)

Biff215

I agree that the old ride letter system doesn't really apply anymore. When they sold individual ride tickets, I don't think there would be much of a question that TSMM and Mermaid would both be E-tickets based upon demand. Today, Imagineers and fans tend to use the letters to describe the scope, level of detail, and even length of an attraction. So as someone else mentioned, it might not be a bad thing to label this as a D.

It also amazes me how people still complain about Nemo at the Seas. You might not like characters in the Epcot pavilions, but please let it go already. Nemo is the only thing that makes the Seas remotely relevant today. It is sad that it came to that, but the hydrolators simply wouldn't cut it anymore!

S

stphnbogert

yeah i think this little mermaid ride is going to be amazing regardless of what letter classification. the batb is going to amazingly popular too even though its not going to be an e ticket ride too. does anyone know if we're still going to be walking through beast's castle still?

yeti

I thought we all just assumed that. :lookaroun

I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but I can't understand how this apparently lavish attraction could be considered on par with or worse than Toy Story Mania, Buzz Lightyear, or for God's sake even Winnie the Pooh. It makes you realize how ridiculously broad the whole "ticket" system really is; it seems like people are putting the ride itself in a bad light just because the flagship attraction in the Fantasyland Expansion doesn't really compare with Radiator Springs Racers, or perhaps doesn't justify the negligence of TDO over the past many years. But needless to say, it'll be a great ride, better than those aforementioned should typical Disney-quality ride criticism be applied. Saying the ride is a D-Ticket tells me it'll be good, but not great.

Not that "D" is negative. It's just not "E".

Didn't someone once call Stitch's Great Escape a D-Ticket?

Could someone please tell me who gets to decide what's "E" and what's not? Just because it's not a thrill doesn't mean it won't be an "E".

I figure it like this, an "E" ticket is something extremely popular and usually one of the ride with constantly longer lines. In my book Tower of Terror and Peter Pan are both "E" tickets.

TP2000

I figure it like this, an "E" ticket is something extremely popular and usually one of the ride with constantly longer lines. In my book Tower of Terror and Peter Pan are both "E" tickets.

Oh, God no. You are way off on your assesment of Peter Pan's Flight. Peter Pan's Flight was only a C Ticket on both coasts.

c.jpg

This Little Mermaid ride looks like a solid, 21st century D Ticket to me. I'm more curious about the ride length though. Several educated folks here claimed that it was only a 4 minute long ride, when everything available on display in the Blue Sky Cellar for the DCA version points to it being about a 6 minute long ride.

I'm betting it's going to be about 6 minutes long, and a solid top-notch D Ticket. We'll all know about four months from now, as the DCA version has been reported by Al Lutz on Miceage to be in soft-openings by April, 2011.

Flip83

My god... Who cares what ticket it is. It will be a great ride, a popular ride,a fastpass ride and a ride you will want to do every trip. It will be an instant classic. If you think otherwise then you are completely stubborn.

Also, really with complaining about Nemo still? Yikes! For the record, before Nemo our family stopped going to the Living Seas. Along with many other friends I know. Now?.... We usually make a trip. Kids love it. Sure, I think the ride could be better. But adding Nemo to the Seas was brilliant. Get over it

BriEcho3194

My god... Who cares what ticket it is. It will be a great ride, a popular ride,a fastpass ride and a ride you will want to do every trip. It will be an instant classic. If you think otherwise then you are completely stubborn.

Also, really with complaining about Nemo still? Yikes! For the record, before Nemo our family stopped going to the Living Seas. Along with many other friends I know. Now?.... We usually make a trip. Kids love it. Sure, I think the ride could be better. But adding Nemo to the Seas was brilliant. Get over it

I agree! Who cares what kind of a ticket it is. The Little Mermaid ride will be a classic and people will continue to go on it for years to come. And with the living seas. The ride could be better but the last time I went, i liked the whole nemo theme it was adorable and it would make little kids want to learn more about the ocean and what Disney did was add Nemo to it and it worked. It was just a boost up for the Living Seas. I always found the living seas boring, it wasn't that exciting. Now with Nemo I actually like it. So....yeah....bye....:wave:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Who cares you may ask. You possibly will when all these people who think it will be an "E" will be screaming bloody murder, , whining, and complaining that it doesn't live up to their expectations of an "E" ticket because it's a mere "D" ticket.

Jrn14

All indications are that this will be a solid "D" ticket.

Don't set yourself up for disappointment by thinking this will be an "E" !

Just curious I haven't really been following the parks for that long... what was it considered when Nemo was built? Is that too considered a "D" ticket... Boy I hope not... Because as the previous poster stated this better be better than Nemo.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom