Unpopular WDW Opinions

clarabellej

I already posted some of mine but remembered another one I feel strongly about.

Not sure if this opinion is exactly unpopular - I think Navi River Journey is extremely lackluster and sort of a yawnfest and very uneventful. Definitely not worth more than a 15-minute wait.
A lot of the rides are a lot less enjoyable if you have to wait in a long line for them. Peter Pan’s Flight (which I love BTW) is certainly more charming when FP is used. Same with 7DMT. Although with that one, I just plain didn’t like it. Na’vi grew on us when we rode it multiple times late at night, with little or no wait. The music was catchy and you have to admit, the Na’vi were pretty awesome!!

clarabellej

The ones that kind of clog up the walking paths in the parks are the ones I am mainly referencing. Maybe the fact that I have had to wait in some of those M&G lines in the past with my DD has something to do with it. Also, removing attractions and replacing them with a M&G space (ie Snow White)-not a great use of space in my opinion.
Winnie the Pooh ride replaced Snow White.

geekza

People-Mover is quaint but not really much of an attraction.
It was more of an attraction during the time when it was considered as a viable mode of transportation for cities. It was originally going to be used for Progress City, which is why (part of) the model is there. Alas, that future never happened. You're right in that it has become more of a quaint "what could have been" ride. Still, it's one of my favorites. I love seeing the model and going inside Space Mountain and seeing the inside of Buzz. It's also a great way to cool off. At night, with all the lights in Tomorrowland, it's a great experience.

crxbrett

People-Mover is quaint but not really much of an attraction.

pitchforks.gif

1*1k2F4LF4XWk8-QD09ojuZw.gif

righttrack

I'm going to put this out there and I don't want to seem unsympathetic because I truly am. I think the ECV rental users and the transportation has just been a bad mix. There needs to either be less of them, ie WDW provides the ECV rental, they seat the passenger and another ECV meets them at the transportation stop, or a better overall accommodation. The current accommodation just adds so much time and space. WDW can do something better with this.

Sharon&Susan

Tragic, wasn't it? Got to ride both Snow White and mr toad at Disneyland. Totally better than a meet and greet.
I would describe Disneyland’s dark rides as a best of the ‘55 version and The Magic Kingdom version with some small improvements. For example the village scene and parts of the Toad Hall scene are verbatim from the MK version while also keeping the warehouse + explosion scene (adding a crate that looks like it’ll fall on your head from the farm scene from the MK version) and the longer Hell both from the original ‘55 version. Snow White and Peter Pan are the same borrowing parts from both the ‘55 version and the MK version.

The Fantasyland dark rides (especially Toad and Snow White) add soul to the park without them at the Magic Kingdom it feels sorta dead (even if Pooh is OK but inoffensive) I do want to go to the international parks, but I feel like without Toad, those Fantasylands may feel somewhat lifeless (just like MK’s Fantasyland).

Goofyernmost

Why? I'm not a meet and greet person, but I think he's neat.
Just off the top of my head, I would say, that neat or not, it must be very confusing for kids. One moment they are with a Mickey that is talking to them and a little while later they run into one that isn't. Continuity dictates that either they all are talking or none of them are. Considering the headache that it would be to cast that many different CM's in that roll all day, everyday, would be very difficult and not really a desirable problem to have. Yes, I know there is only one Mickey, which, speaking as an adult, would be very bad and could send a wrong message to kids and make it a very difficult explanation that a parent has to come up with. So, although, I think it is neat as well, it isn't in the best interest to continue that particular show.

clarabellej

I am not a fan of the “after hours” events. I think Disney is feeling things out and if boards are willing to pay for these extras, we will are start to be charged. Not sure if that makes sense. Think of the HEA dessert parties for example. You used to have a FP Viewing area available no charge with park admission. They’ve done away with that. We tried the dessert party. No one twisted my arm, so not sure why I did it. I think the Spring Break crowds drove me to it. I was shocked at how full the event was. So a lot of people (me included) forked over money for that. I had mixed feelings about the dessert offerings. I didn’t need to eat any of it, but you feel you want to get your monies worth. It was okay, but kind of chinchy for the price. Not to mention that while Tomorrowland Terrace (& the ladies room) was looking really shabby. Maybe I am old and jaded. Just seems that Disney is getting the better of us. Back to the after hours. I read where someone said they went to get a drink (bottled water?) later and they had run out. For the price you pay? How could they be out of bottled water?? Haven’t done the after hours myself, but having enjoyed evening EMH (which I know is different), can’t help but notice these are not as long/late as they were in the past. We are usually there during Spring Break & thankfully no Park has closed during that period to accommodate after hours. Just sharing my thoughts. Might be unpopular, but that is the title of this thread, so throwing them out there.

clarabellej

I am not a fan of the “after hours” events. I think Disney is feeling things out and if boards are willing to pay for these extras, we will are start to be charged. Not sure if that makes sense. Think of the HEA dessert parties for example. You used to have a FP Viewing area available no charge with park admission. They’ve done away with that. We tried the dessert party. No one twisted my arm, so not sure why I did it. I think the Spring Break crowds drove me to it. I was shocked at how full the event was. So a lot of people (me included) forked over money for that. I had mixed feelings about the dessert offerings. I didn’t need to eat any of it, but you feel you want to get your monies worth. It was okay, but kind of chinchy for the price. Not to mention that while Tomorrowland Terrace (& the ladies room) was looking really shabby. Maybe I am old and jaded. Just seems that Disney is getting the better of us. Back to the after hours. I read where someone said they went to get a drink (bottled water?) later and they had run out. For the price you pay? How could they be out of bottled water?? Haven’t done the after hours myself, but having enjoyed evening EMH (which I know is different), can’t help but notice these are not as long/late as they were in the past. We are usually there during Spring Break & thankfully no Park has closed during that period to accommodate after hours. Just sharing my thoughts. Might be unpopular, but that is the title of this thread, so throwing them out there.
“Hoards” not boards, lol!!!! 🤣

clarabellej

I don’t like HEA at all. The only part I liked was Moana. I thought it was hard to see. Even from the Plaza Garden Viewing area. Some of the projection seemed small on the castle. The graphics were really busy and a little tacky at times. Just seemed so random. Think of all the Classic Disney to choose from. Sure some more minor characters got recognition, but with all the fantastic characters and music to choose from, HEA was just off. I feel no desire to ever watch it again. I am a big whiner and I miss Wishes 😢

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom