• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Unpopular WDW Opinions

Walking is a form of transportation. Universal was smart and integrated both lodging and parks, making walking a viable form of transport. This is far from silly. It is excellent planning, cost saving, and customer satisfaction.

I mentioned scale in multiple areas (lodging, food, and gates). I hope I conveyed the advantage it provided.
Walking is great, and very luxurious, but I think that Disney's philosophy is that they wanted to occupy as much land in Buena Vista and make it harder and less convenient to stay off site. Their goal is to keep you on site as much as possible for your whole trip. If everything is in a small, self-contained area, guests are more likely to stay at a competitor hotel, or they'll get stir crazy and take their car and take off-site excursions.

It would have been ideal for Disney to connect everything through rail, but obviously as cost is a factor, the bus system is a cheap substitute. One area that Disney has been stubborn and stupid about is not creating a biking system. If they were smart, they'd connect the parks through bike trails and put bike lanes on all the rides. Don't allow bikes to be chained up or provide bike racks, but offer a bikeshare program for all hotel guests, or allowed as an upcharge for non-hotel guests. From what I've read, Disney is pretty anti-biking and doesn't have bike racks or a bikeshare program.

Hockey89

Scorching hot take- nobody should waste money and effort taking any child under the age of six to the parks.

Between the crying, strollers, cost, the need to pack half a CVS into bags/backpacks, the crying, the lack of rides that age will enjoy, shrieking as if a banshee has possessed the kid, the crying, wanting a toy from every gift shop, instant meltdown as soon as any show starts, safety/health issues, the crying, 50% chance of them being terrified of all characters, complete lack of ability to deal with long/ hot days at the parks, and did I mention the crying?

I saw a kid today with an ice cream in one hand, tablet with Paw Patrol playing in another, just entering the park, and he was screaming as if his parents had just given little Craxxden a tetanus shot, told him Santa wasn’t real, and taken his toy away. At that point I’m pretty sure I’d just be like “You know what? The kid is just not ready for this. Let’s just try again in 2 years”

I don’t want to single out moms for this, but I think 80% of it seems to be Facebook obsessed moms (& the occasional dad) wanting to go just to post pics of little Payzleigh with Mickey, by the castle, etc, but neglect to show all of the exhausting obstacles before and after to get to that one Instagram moment.
This is a million times correct....

andysol

I don't care what Tokyo is doing because I'm very unlikely to actually visit. If I do, a Disney park is way down on my list of things to see after travelling all that way.
Go to Tokyo instead of WDW one year. Unlike WDW, you only need 2 days at Tokyo Disney, so just tack it onto a Japan trip.

10 days in Japan w/ 2 @ Tokyo Disney > 10 days at WDW and the price isn't all that different.

Oh, wait. This is UNpopular opinions. So 10 days at WDW > 10 days in Japan w/ 2 @ Tokyo Disney

kong1802

1) Illuminations is boring
2) Dole Whips are just OK
3) Flame Tree BBQ - what am I missing? Just run of the mill BBQ
4) I like the Speedway
5) Soarin is boring
6) Frozen sing along is a waste of time

Andrew M

Scorching hot take- nobody should waste money and effort taking any child under the age of six to the parks.

Between the crying, strollers, cost, the need to pack half a CVS into bags/backpacks, the crying, the lack of rides that age will enjoy, shrieking as if a banshee has possessed the kid, the crying, wanting a toy from every gift shop, instant meltdown as soon as any show starts, safety/health issues, the crying, 50% chance of them being terrified of all characters, complete lack of ability to deal with long/ hot days at the parks, and did I mention the crying?

I saw a kid today with an ice cream in one hand, tablet with Paw Patrol playing in another, just entering the park, and he was screaming as if his parents had just given little Craxxden a tetanus shot, told him Santa wasn’t real, and taken his toy away. At that point I’m pretty sure I’d just be like “You know what? The kid is just not ready for this. Let’s just try again in 2 years”

Similarly unpopular opinion: Adults coming to Disney World and complaining about the amount/actions of little kids is just as ridiculous as attending an NFL game and complaining about the drinking and crowd noise. You are attending a family theme park based on fairytale princesses and cartoon characters, of course there's going to be kids everywhere. And when there are kids everywhere, some of them are going to be behaving badly.

Kids aged 4-6, old enough to remember the trip and enjoy the majority of attractions, while being young enough to believe they're meeting THE Mickey Mouse/Cinderella/Rapunzel etc., are the perfect age IMO to take to Disney. Watching them experience the magic is one of the main reasons Disney Parks have thrived over the past 60+ years. Yes there are bigger thrill rides for older kids/adults, restaurants, food & wine, etc, but Disney's target audience are families with kids, especially those young enough to be 'all in' on the Disney magic.

I don’t want to single out moms for this, but I think 80% of it seems to be Facebook obsessed moms (& the occasional dad) wanting to go just to post pics of little Payzleigh with Mickey, by the castle, etc, but neglect to show all of the exhausting obstacles before and after to get to that one Instagram moment.
Clearly you don't have children. Life with kids is an exhausting obstacle. Getting them ready for school in the morning, picking them up, going to activities, keeping them clothed, fed, sheltered and not biting/fighting/licking their siblings. I have 3 kids and I look forward to work as a tropical vacation at times in comparison to the circus at home. Disney is a place to escape all of that, watch your kids fully enjoy the magic and meet their favorite characters in real life. Yes it's waking up early and dragging them all over the place and dealing with tantrums, but most parents have to deal with that on a daily basis, so dealing with it at Disney isn't a big deal.

Last edited:
Similarly unpopular opinion: Adults coming to Disney World and complaining about the amount/actions of little kids is just as ridiculous as attending an NFL game and complaining about the drinking and crowd noise. You are attending a family theme park based on fairytale princesses and cartoon characters, of course there's going to be kids everywhere. And when there are kids everywhere, some of them are going to be behaving badly.

Kids aged 4-6, old enough to remember the trip and enjoy the majority of attractions, while being young enough to believe they're meeting THE Mickey Mouse/Cinderella/Rapunzel etc., are the perfect age IMO to take to Disney. Watching them experience the magic is one of the main reasons Disney Parks have thrived over the past 60+ years. Yes there are bigger thrill rides for older kids/adults, restaurants, food & wine, etc, but Disney's target audience are families with kids, especially those young enough to be 'all in' on the Disney magic.

Clearly you don't have children. Life with kids is an exhausting obstacle. Getting them ready for school in the morning, picking them up, going to activities, keeping them clothed, fed, sheltered and not biting/fighting/licking their siblings. I have 3 kids and I look forward to work as a tropical vacation at times in comparison to the circus at home. Disney is a place to escape all of that, watch your kids fully enjoy the magic and meet their favorite characters in real life. Yes it's waking up early and dragging them all over the place and dealing with tantrums, but most parents have to deal with that on a daily basis, so dealing with it at Disney isn't a big deal.
And you knew the sensitive guy would come out. The you don't have kid deal... I do and the poster was 10000% correct.

And you knew the sensitive guy would come out. The you don't have kid deal... I do and the poster was 10000% correct.
Haha, I wouldn’t say sensitive, I don’t care what people think of when my 2 yr old throws a tantrum because we’re not buying her whatever princess dream castle she sees in the gift shop. I just find it odd when adults with no kids complain about kids behavior at a family theme park.

Also glad to see other hockey fans on here, despite the fact my Rangers are currently unwatchable.

Top Bottom