Unpopular WDW Opinions

Andrew M

So you let your 3 year old walk in Disney instead of using a stroller?

We never used a leash, but without a stroller I'd probably be tempted to use one at WDW.

Ha. If we just had one kid I could see it, but once you have multiple kids, keeping them strapped down as long as possible is key when you're outnumbered. Last thing you need is them running in opposite directions in WDW crowds.

disneyfireman

So you let your 3 year old walk in Disney instead of using a stroller?

We never used a leash, but without a stroller I'd probably be tempted to use one at WDW.
Our daughter was 3. Son 5 first trip. She did fine. We did all the parks and MK twice. No issues here Funny thing is. She is still a warrior.
And of course at 5 son was fine

Michael T

Totally agree. Some of those things are like a playroom on wheels. But Disney won't do anything that requires them to confront a guest.
I agree. However, there could be a system that works in my opinion. If a guest comes in with a stroller that is oversized, they could force them to leave it in an "oversized stroller" area. Then, Disney could give them one of their strollers for free for the day. So then the people would have to go back to get their stroller from the area. It would work, but they would never do it. It would cause too much drama for Disney.

Trackmaster

Well anyone under 3 is free, so cost isn't prohibitive there. If young kids say 4-6 are into Disney, know the rides and characters (and the difference between being at the Magic Kingdom and the local amusement park), I'd say you'd get your money's worth just watching them enjoy it. As for the strollers, they're just 1/2 our size, so whatever distance we walk is essentially doubled for them. With an average day in the park at say 8 miles, I'll gladly push them around in a stroller so they can enjoy the park without walking a half marathon.

But you're still paying full cost admission for yourself, paying for hotels, paying for retail, and paying for tons of food. Either way, somebody is getting rich, and its not your family. I'd just put off that exorbitant cost for a few years until your kids can appreciate it and remember it more.

Trackmaster

I'd like to see ALL WDW transportation restricted to resort guests. Let the off-site people drive point to point.

I don't agree. Mass transit works the opposite from systems with individual drivers. Unlike our American system that relies on everyone driving where the more people who use it, the worse it is for everyone -- with mass transit, the more people who use it, the better. The issue is usually not having to wait for a bus/train due to lack of seats... its waiting for the bus or train to get there. If more people use the option, more buses will be purchased and more drivers hired. So maybe the bus comes every 10 minutes for you instead of every 30 minutes.

I was thinking before that Disney really missed out on a chance before. They should have built one primary parking lot/garages, and had that interspersed with their downtown. Then people take shuttles to be dropped off at the gates of the park. Gets the guests in front of their downtown, and moving around the grounds. And makes them think "man, things would be easier if we stayed on site." As of now, its probably easier to stay off site, and I don't see a major benefit to staying at a Disney hotel other than the extra hours or the 60 days in advance for the FP.

Andrew Appleby

I'd like to see ALL WDW transportation restricted to resort guests. Let the off-site people drive point to point.

Absolutely this! They need to incentivise and reward people for staying onsite. For me, MK should be closed to everyone before opening and only on EMH days do onsite guests get to enter the park, etc...

Andrew M

But you're still paying full cost admission for yourself, paying for hotels, paying for retail, and paying for tons of food. Either way, somebody is getting rich, and its not your family. I'd just put off that exorbitant cost for a few years until your kids can appreciate it and remember it more.

No reason my wife and I won’t get full enjoyment out of a Disney trip, especially getting away from the office and out of the house for a week. I usually rent DVC points, so cost of Hotel and food would be about the same no matter where we went.

I’ve never even thought about this until I had little kids who destroy a kitchen on a nightly basis, but even just not having to clean up after them for atleast an hour every night is one of perks I enjoy most now about going on vacation.

Goofyernmost

Already do! Don't need no sinkin badges rules. :p Question.... Would that mean that we have to swim to MK??? ;) Nother question.... How much will they charge for the anti-alligator swim gear???

Trackmaster

What's the name of this thread?

But I don't even understand the point that Andy was trying to make in that point. There were probably some syntax errors, but he was saying that hotel guests should only be allowed to go to MK one day a week... or something. Maybe his point was that on EMH days the park is closed for the whole day to non-hotel guests? I was just curious as to what the actual point was behind all of the poor syntax.

Trackmaster

Already do! Don't need no sinkin badges rules. :p Question.... Would that mean that we have to swim to MK??? ;) Nother question.... How much will they charge for the anti-alligator swim gear???

I'd gladly trade pay to play for the buses if it meant that we could get parking lots that were adjacent to MK. If we could get massive parking garages that were adjacent to the park gates, I'd be in heaven. Nothing beats driving your car up to a park, walking in with no hassle, and driving out immediately when you want to leave. You could even grab an item that you forgot or need. The possibilities are endless!

Goofyernmost

I'd gladly trade pay to play for the buses if it meant that we could get parking lots that were adjacent to MK. If we could get massive parking garages that were adjacent to the park gates, I'd be in heaven. Nothing beats driving your car up to a park, walking in with no hassle, and driving out immediately when you want to leave. You could even grab an item that you forgot or need. The possibilities are endless!
The trouble is that the experience you lose is massive even if you don't realize it. The magic that I felt 36 years ago on my first visit is the same today as I get closer to the MK. I don't expect people that only go to MK for the rides and the bright colors to understand what that was like and how it still is. All one has to do is appreciate what a great experience it is. But, they won't so as long as what you think would be great doesn't happen until I'm dead... that is fine. They can drain Seven Seas Lagoon, make it a big parking lot, get rid of the Monorails and boats and all they need are trams or you can pay the high price for a resort stay and have the magic of driving up to the entrance in a big old bus. How magical!

Trackmaster

The trouble is that the experience you lose is massive even if you don't realize it. The magic that I felt 36 years ago on my first visit is the same today as I get closer to the MK. I don't expect people that only go to MK for the rides and the bright colors to understand what that was like and how it still is. All one has to do is appreciate what a great experience it is. But, they won't so as long as what you think would be great doesn't happen until I'm dead... that is fine. They can drain Seven Seas Lagoon, make it a big parking lot, get rid of the Monorails and boats and all they need are trams or you can pay the high price for a resort stay and have the magic of driving up to the entrance in a big old bus. How magical!

There's a bunch of space on Florida Way to build some parking garages. And a bunch of untouched forests around the park as well. You can have your unnecessary boat ride, but when I'm coming in at 5:00 PM and the park closes at 9:00 PM, I don't want to waste an hour just to get in the park when I should be riding. Its about staying productive.

Goofyernmost

There's a bunch of space on Florida Way to build some parking garages. And a bunch of untouched forests around the park as well. You can have your unnecessary boat ride, but when I'm coming in at 5:00 PM and the park closes at 9:00 PM, I don't want to waste an hour just to get in the park when I should be riding. Its about staying productive.
Sorry, but, that isn't what it is called. It is the opposite of staying productive, it is bending over to pick up a penny while dollars fly over your head. It is missing beauty and pure genius of design to worship mechanical devices. It's running like a mad man to give your butt a ride. It's wasting time on fluff while missing the fantasy and anticipation.

But, to each his own, if that is what WDW means to you please don't advocate to prevent those of us that enjoy the entire show and not just the headliner. We now have a choice. You can take the bus (not unlike you can do in any city) and I will continue to enjoy the views from the ferry or enjoy the ride on the Monorail and the charm of slowly arriving at the park. The 20 minutes that I have spent absorbing the show from beginning to end which is what the place is all about. Seriously there is nothing more magical then a parking garage. I do hope that you are arriving at 5pm and leaving at 9pm with an AP. Otherwise you are throwing away dollars also that 1 hour trip is a huge exaggeration that time of day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom