Unpopular WDW Opinions

justintheharris

My unpopular opinion (If we're even still sharing):
EPCOT is easily by far the worst park. In my view, if it wasn't for its festivals, EPCOT's attendance wouldn't even match Hollywood Studios with 4 rides.

Trackmaster

My unpopular opinion (If we're even still sharing):
EPCOT is easily by far the worst park. In my view, if it wasn't for its festivals, EPCOT's attendance wouldn't even match Hollywood Studios with 4 rides.

Clearly its not an unpopular opinion. Of the 9 visits I made to this year to a Disney Park, both of my visits to EPCOT the park was a ghost time, and of the 7 other visits to the three other parks, five times they were extremely packed wall to wall, and two times the parks were manageable (but nowhere near EPCOT dead).

Really, the only appeal to EPCOT is that its the only Disney park that gets deserted where you can move around and ride a few rides that are walks-ons... but kinda crappy.

Paper straw fan

Clearly its not an unpopular opinion. Of the 9 visits I made to this year to a Disney Park, both of my visits to EPCOT the park was a ghost time, and of the 7 other visits to the three other parks, five times they were extremely packed wall to wall, and two times the parks were manageable (but nowhere near EPCOT dead).

Really, the only appeal to EPCOT is that its the only Disney park that gets deserted where you can move around and ride a few rides that are walks-ons... but kinda crappy.

You must not go during F&W, or heck most days during Xmas season

Goofyernmost

Do you just go before it opens or perhaps after it closes? During hurricanes, maybe? I have been almost every time of the year except summer, for the last 36 years and I have yet to see any ghost town situation. Not as crowded maybe, but, not deserted feeling. Some of Epcot still has/had people eater attractions. For example if you went to the American Pavilion just after they sent people upstairs to see the show, it looks abandoned, but, there are hundreds of people there.

Trackmaster

Do you just go before it opens or perhaps after it closes? During hurricanes, maybe? I have been almost every time of the year except summer, for the last 36 years and I have yet to see any ghost town situation. Not as crowded maybe, but, not deserted feeling. Some of Epcot still has/had people eater attractions. For example if you went to the American Pavilion just after they sent people upstairs to see the show, it looks abandoned, but, there are hundreds of people there.

Went once during Thanksgiving season when the rest of the parks were mobbed, and went once last week. Very chill, no FP+ blocks were blacked out, almost everything was a walk-on, and the CM's weren't even scanning the FP+'s or were making jokes about not needing it. EPCOT just doesn't have the firepower that the other three parks do. Its pretty much just a park for hotel guests and people with AP's to go to eat and drink. I doubt anybody would pay a la carte for a full day ticket just to pay full price for an expensive dinner.

Andrew M

SUPER UNPOPULAR OPINION:

This is why I want them to get rid of the "free under 3" policy.

Too many parents wanting to do a family vacation on the cheap and clogging the park with strollers and crying babies.

Ha. I cant even imagine the backlash if they started charging for newborns.

MinnieWaffles

Is this a genuine problem? Are a lot of people parking at OKW then taking a bus or something?

I see people suggesting it on facebook Disney groups a disturbingly large amount to get around the parking fees. I don't doubt that it's why the OKW buses were so bad in September, some people just take the Mickey because they're selfish. :mad:

zeebs758

In the Parks
Yes
Not sure if this is unpopular but I hear a lot of people say that Animal Kingdom is the hottest park. I disagree with this, I feel like it's the best park to find shade and hide yourself from the sun if you need to.

I absolutely hate walking through Fantasyland. I feel like I am getting fried every time I'm in it. Epcot isn't that much fun either.

Any else feel this way or am I the only one?

Paper straw fan

I see people suggesting it on facebook Disney groups a disturbingly large amount to get around the parking fees. I don't doubt that it's why the OKW buses were so bad in September, some people just take the Mickey because they're selfish. :mad:

So they are what, parking at D Springs, bus/boating it back to OKW/Saratoga and then bussing to the parks?

Could be part of why the buses back from MK-Not so scary to Saratoga in October had a line like 7DMT, where I would have considered hitching back in a windowless van over waiting another half hour (from the bus station to my room was a 2 hour ordeal)

I’d be down for putting a scanner at the bus stops. And steep stairs.

TrojanUSC

Not sure if this is unpopular but I hear a lot of people say that Animal Kingdom is the hottest park. I disagree with this, I feel like it's the best park to find shade and hide yourself from the sun if you need to.

I absolutely hate walking through Fantasyland. I feel like I am getting fried every time I'm in it. Epcot isn't that much fun either.

Any else feel this way or am I the only one?

There’s lots of shade because of the trees but all that foliage makes it more humid than the other parks, so while you might not be in direct sunlight you’ll sweating a bit more plus it FEELS a few degrees warmer thanks to that stickiness.

Disney.Mike

While I agree that we have MUCH better BBQ here in Texas, them Flame Tree ribs are pretty tasty. Combine that with the view down by the water, and you've got a don't miss!

I consider myself a high class man when it comes to BBQ. But Texas BBQ (Houston, Dallas, and SA) has left me unimpressed. I find Memphis has the best, but the burnt ends in the Kansas City area are a close 2nd.

kong1802

While I agree that we have MUCH better BBQ here in Texas, them Flame Tree ribs are pretty tasty. Combine that with the view down by the water, and you've got a don't miss!

Yeah, that view with Everest across the way is pretty good.

Guess I was just expecting too much from the food.

I forget that "edible" at Disney QS really gets people pretty excited. lol

caseybrn

I know I am not supposed to agree in a "unpopular opinions" thread, but, that is the very reason that we never went until the youngest was almost 7. At that age we still got a small degree of whining, and they really did get more out of being in the pool then the park. There was, however, absolutely no infringing on the enjoyment of others. Don't get me wrong, they did have a great time in the parks, but, by mid-afternoon if you gave them three choices... be given $1000.00, stay in the park or head for the hotel pool, I can tell you that the pool would have won 100% of the time.

That reminds me of how my parents felt....at the time I was the youngest kid and they concluded if they weren't going to spend those $$$s (although its kinda funny, considering the cost of DSW in '89 vs. now), until their kids were old enough to fully enjoy and remember it...Of course I'm sure the behavior of their 8 & 12 year old played a big part

joshjoned

Went once during Thanksgiving season when the rest of the parks were mobbed, and went once last week. Very chill, no FP+ blocks were blacked out, almost everything was a walk-on, and the CM's weren't even scanning the FP+'s or were making jokes about not needing it. EPCOT just doesn't have the firepower that the other three parks do. Its pretty much just a park for hotel guests and people with AP's to go to eat and drink. I doubt anybody would pay a la carte for a full day ticket just to pay full price for an expensive dinner.

Again, the actual attendance numbers don't back up your assertion. Last time the attendance numbers were given (granted not by Disney, but still) Hollywood Studios was the only one to see a decrease in attendance. The other 3 saw increases, and Epcot was on par with Animal Kingdom, and both were ahead of HollyWood studios. Only MK was ahead of the pack by a substantial amount, like it always is.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom