Unpopular opinions about the parks?

Smiley/OCD

i used to work at a theater years ago that had that movie every friday & saturday night. horrible movie but it was worth watching the performers
Yup, one of the worst movies ever made (if you’re sober), lol…saw it thru high school and college over 100 times…was cleaning rice out of my car for YEARS….

DisneyFanatic12

If anything is said about PizzeRizzo that is stronger or more positive than "it's fine," and the person saying it is over the age of 10, the only proper response is to back away slowly.
It’s a great place to eat… beautiful facility and everything… just… buy your food somewhere else or pack your own food to eat there.

Last edited:

Brer Panther

I agree. It's not a bad ride and definitely better than Ratatouille or Runaway Railway, but it does have most of the same problems that other recent trackless dark rides have.

Andrew25

anyways.... so unpopular opinions about theme parks, not society at large:

I think ROTR is overrated and not as good as the classic AA dark rides that made Disney special

Agree to some extent, the finale is a bit underwhelming which makes it feel off. The cannons not working is also a big part of why I loved the ride so much when it first opened.

Jrb1979

anyways.... so unpopular opinions about theme parks, not society at large:

I think ROTR is overrated and not as good as the classic AA dark rides that made Disney special
The classic AA dark rides are where Disney excelled. My unpopular opinion is they should stick to that and leave the thrills to parks that do it well.

dmeets

My UOs

Haunted Mansion is better at MK than DL, hitchhiking ghosts and all (when they work). I also think MK has better versions of Big Thunder, Space, and Jungle Cruise but opinions on those seem to be more evenly split.
I don't miss the Skyway one bit.
I do miss the Studio Backlot Tour, even when it was whittled down to just Catastrophe Canyon, a handful of props, and the costuming department.
Everything about Toy Story Land is "meh" at best.
Hollywood Brown Derby is overrated.
I miss seeing World Showcase without festival booths.
I'm over the AK Finding Nemo show at this point.
While there are certainly some "misses," I think Quick Service dining at WDW is generally pretty underrated.

BlakeW39

Original Poster
My UOs

Haunted Mansion is better at MK than DL, hitchhiking ghosts and all (when they work). I also think MK has better versions of Big Thunder, Space, and Jungle Cruise but opinions on those seem to be more evenly split.
I do miss the Studio Backlot Tour, even when it was whittled down to just Catastrophe Canyon, a handful of props, and the costuming department.
While there are certainly some "misses," I think Quick Service dining at WDW is generally pretty underrated.

what do you prefer about MK's BTMR?

Andrew25

I wholeheartedly agree. Food at the other Orlando parks are abysmal more expensive and has atrocious service. I'll complain about all the other WDW changes/policies, but I'll defend their quick service operations.

As someone who moved to Celebration about a year ago, I spend more time at the parks simply because of the quality of the QSR options and their decent pricing.

However, Table Service is highly overrated at WDW.

DisneyDreamer08

My UOs

Agree about quick service! Overall I think there are so many unique options. I got back from a trip this past March and my mom was like, you must be happy to home eating real food! I asked her what she meant and she said, aren’t you tired of eating burgers and hot dogs? Literally didn’t eat one burger or hot dog the entire week 🤦🏻‍♀️

dmeets

what do you prefer about MK's BTMR?
The queue seemed a bit more interesting to me. The ride itself felt a little longer and faster, though I may have lucked out being further back. And I like the rolling effect during the earthquake, and how you pass through the town during the ride rather than at the end after you've slowed down. And I think I slightly prefer its location in proximity to the Rivers of America compared to Disneyland's. Both versions are great though; of all the "duplicate" rides it's probably the one that I rank the tightest compared to each other.

I do admit that with both it and Space Mountain, because I go to Disneyland so much more often, their tracks are more familiar, so it's very possible that WDW's seem more "exciting" to me because they aren't as predictable to me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom