Unpopular Disney World Opinions

UNCgolf

Who said anything about being made to choose? I was saying that Diagon Alley is executed to a higher level than Hogsmeade. I WISH Hogsmeade had the money and resources that were had when designing Diagon Alley.

I had hoped that in building additional Wizarding Worlds they would have taken the opportunity to revise the plans to build something fully worthy of the world they are recreating, since money was absolutely an object when they built the first Hogsmeade. Diagon Alley feels like money was no object. Hogwarts deserves a treatment where money is no object - where more of the wondrous experiences of the castle are fleshed out and on offer for guests to explore rather than the single channel through different rooms on the way to the Forbidden Journey load. Of all the locations in the Harry Potter series, Hogwarts is clearly the one with the most potential but in tackling it first they've somewhat backed themselves into a corner.

But alas.

Hogsmeade is disappointing -- I'm really glad I went there first (and still wasn't overly impressed) because Diagon Alley blows it away.

This is something that will never ever happen, but Universal would be better off if they could build a new, bigger Hogsmeade in their new gate and move Forbidden Journey and Hagrid's over there. They could then use that area in IoA for something new. The loss of the Hogwarts Express would hurt (moreso for the stations than the actual train ride), but a better realized Hogsmeade would make up for it.

They should have built a much bigger Hogwarts that you could actually explore, rather than using a couple of locations as the queue for a ride. It's strange that the location which accounts for at least 90% of the HP series is just a facade and ride queue. They could have had a restaurant in the Great Hall, just as one example. That's actually what they should do at the new gate -- just build a huge Hogwarts environment and who cares that it also exists in another park. It would be a gigantic draw that would dwarf anything they will ever get out of Fantastic Beasts.

Mark IV Fan

The Grand Canyon Concourse at the Contemporary Resort, which used to be a peaceful and wonderful place to just wander around, has become one of the most crowded and trashy places in all WDW in with its current layout.

thepirateking

Animal Kingdom is extremely overrated, and it's my least favorite park. It needs at least 4-5 more C, D or E-ticket rides to actually feel competitive. I enjoy the shows, but I go to parks to ride rides and have fun. I can go to my local zoo when I want to walk around all day and watch animals sleep.

AKL2003

*never have had interest in eating a Dole Whip
*Mission Space is a must do for me
*i enjoy Na'vi River Journey
*i prefer to stay at Pop over higher end resorts because i only sleep and shower in my room (I'm a park girl first and foremost)
*Hall of Presidents is my favorite show at WDW (followed by AA and CoP)
*Epcot is still (and will always be) my favorite park even though i dont agree with everything Disney is doing there

Parker in NYC

Hogsmeade is disappointing -- I'm really glad I went there first (and still wasn't overly impressed) because Diagon Alley blows it away.

This is something that will never ever happen, but Universal would be better off if they could build a new, bigger Hogsmeade in their new gate and move Forbidden Journey and Hagrid's over there. They could then use that area in IoA for something new. The loss of the Hogwarts Express would hurt (moreso for the stations than the actual train ride), but a better realized Hogsmeade would make up for it.

They should have built a much bigger Hogwarts that you could actually explore, rather than using a couple of locations as the queue for a ride. It's strange that the location which accounts for at least 90% of the HP series is just a facade and ride queue. They could have had a restaurant in the Great Hall, just as one example. That's actually what they should do at the new gate -- just build a huge Hogwarts environment and who cares that it also exists in another park. It would be a gigantic draw that would dwarf anything they will ever get out of Fantastic Beasts.

I've been reading a lot of ideas on the forums about moving attractions to other parks. it's a small world, Carousel of Progress, Space Mountain, others. Has anything ever been relocated (and I don't mean Dumbo)?

Pepper's Ghost

*i prefer to stay at Pop over higher end resorts because i only sleep and shower in my room (I'm a park girl first and foremost)
*Hall of Presidents is my favorite show at WDW (followed by AA and CoP)

Oh man, I violently agree with staying at the Pop over the "premium" resorts. I always hear people say "you should stay at premium resorts", but wth is the point. I'm there from 11pm-7am. The Pop is clean, and good enough for all that time I spend in la-la-land anyway. :happy: Why spend double for a room that is vacant while I'm at the parks? Doesn't make sense to me.

HoP isn't my favorite attraction at WDW, but definitely my favorite show historically.

UNCgolf

I've been reading a lot of ideas on the forums about moving attractions to other parks. it's a small world, Carousel of Progress, Space Mountain, others. Has anything ever been relocated (and I don't mean Dumbo)?

Mine wasn't a serious idea -- there's no chance they would ever actually do that. But Universal would definitely be better off with a more elaborate Hogsmeade than currently exists, which was hamstrung by both budget and available space. They could and should build a huge explorable Hogwarts at the new gate, but that doesn't appear to be in their plans.

To answer the question though, yes. Carousel of Progress was relocated twice! It was originally at the World's Fair, then installed in Disneyland, then moved from Disneyland to Disney World. I'm not sure about any others.

JoeCamel

Mine wasn't a serious idea -- there's no chance they would ever actually do that. But Universal would definitely be better off with a more elaborate Hogsmeade than currently exists, which was hamstrung by both budget and available space. They could and should build a huge explorable Hogwarts at the new gate, but that doesn't appear to be in their plans.

To answer the question though, yes. Carousel of Progress was relocated twice! It was originally at the World's Fair, then installed in Disneyland, then moved from Disneyland to Disney World. I'm not sure about any others.
It was an unknown theme park property at the time. The fanbase was there but they really didn't know if it would be a success. They built enough to help it succeed but no more. They have had a chance to redesign the land as it was constructed elsewhere and chose to keep it largely the same. Might be JO or they see no need to increase the area as it makes so much in butterbeer sales alone the overhead is covered as is.

Parker in NYC

I was aware of CoP, I guess my question was within the same park or “resort.”

UNCgolf

It was an unknown theme park property at the time. The fanbase was there but they really didn't know if it would be a success. They built enough to help it succeed but no more. They have had a chance to redesign the land as it was constructed elsewhere and chose to keep it largely the same. Might be JO or they see no need to increase the area as it makes so much in butterbeer sales alone the overhead is covered as is.

I'm sure it makes more than enough money and that's why they didn't bother changing it. I didn't really mean from a business perspective, though -- I meant from a guest perspective. It's still strange that what is by far the most important location in HP exists as a few queue rooms and a facade, though (even though I know they couldn't do much more than that at the time of original construction).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom