Unpopular Disney World Opinions

Pepper's Ghost

While overall I do like the seasonal holiday overlays, I take a big exception to the Nightmare Before Christmas at Disneyland's Haunted Mansion, mainly because its a far inferior version of an all-time classic.

I agree. As a huge HM fan, I can't stand the NBC overlay. NBC is okay, but not a big fan to begin with, and then on top of it ruin my favorite attraction for several weeks. I'll never visit Disneyland during Christmas because of this.

casuter

My (very) unpopular opinions:
1. Journey into Imagination/your imagination/ whatever it is now should be demolished and turned into an Inside Out ride.
yeah...
you read that right
Figment, I love you, but Inside Out is the PERFECT IP for the Imagination Pavilion. It would spice up a pavilion & ride that has literally 5 minute waits and clear some crowds from the other parks.
but like...don't get rid of figment
make some sort of walkthrough with dreamfinder or something

2. Kind of a follow up: IP's aren't thaaat bad....just as long as the new additions are not only IP
hey, I still want some original rides too

3. Living with the Land is a great ride and should never be demolished
A great break from the crowds, sun, and a chance to learn about what happens behind the culinary scenes of Disney (ish)

4. Also controversial: my favorite rides
Soarin'
Gran Fiesta Tour (NO COCO - i feel like this is a great opportunity to update a ride and make it original)
Expedition Everest (I have to get my coaster in somewhere)
BTM
Toy Story Mania (STOP SAYING WE NEED TO DEMOLISH IT) -- if anything, demolish Buzz lightyear

also, PC is overrated & I love Be Our Guest

Last edited:

Heppenheimer

I agree. As a huge HM fan, I can't stand the NBC overlay. NBC is okay, but not a big fan to begin with, and then on top of it ruin my favorite attraction for several weeks. I'll never visit Disneyland during Christmas because of this.
Unfortunately, they start the overlay with the Halloween decorations, so it goes on even longer.

PSM

Unfortunately, they start the overlay with the Halloween decorations, so it goes on even longer.
I was in DL for one day about a month ago (second day ever in DL) and was extremely disappointed at the end of the night when I finally went on HM and discovered it was still the NBC overlay almost a month after Christmas. It was ridiculous because there was no "Christmas spirit" that long after Christmas and I was looking forward to capping my day there with some Grim Grinning Ghosts.

I guess it was cool that I got to see it, though, since I'll likely never be in DL for actual Christmas. They did a good job but when you're expecting GGG, it's a bit disappointing.

Simba’s Mom

Animal kingdom still sucks.

From what some others have said, I don't think that's so unpopular. What is a more unpopular one is that I LOVE Animal Kingdom.
But all the Star Wars stuff in DHS is not Disney-like. Keep Mickey and Minnie, not the Millennium Falcon. I've avoided DHS for years.

Jabbas

From what some others have said, I don't think that's so unpopular. What is a more unpopular one is that I LOVE Animal Kingdom.
But all the Star Wars stuff in DHS is not Disney-like. Keep Mickey and Minnie, not the Millennium Falcon. I've avoided DHS for years.

I am not a Star Wars fan either but I was impressed with galaxys edge. Never seen one movie. I don’t feel like I get my money’s worth at Animal Kingdom.

Lou Filerman

Extra Terrorrestrial Alien Encounter was horrible
I like the current figment ride better than the original.
I wish they replace Spaceship earth with a coaster of some sort.

Pepper's Ghost

Extra Terrorrestrial Alien Encounter was horrible
I like the current figment ride better than the original.
I wish they replace Spaceship earth with a coaster of some sort.

Oh man, Lou. I hate both of these comments. lol. Loved Alien Encounter, and something about Spaceship Earth is so relaxing... even the narrator's voice. To me SE is like the Tomorrowland Peoplemover. Neither one is meant to excite, but such a great relaxing break in the day.

mgf

My (very) unpopular opinions:
1. Journey into Imagination/your imagination/ whatever it is now should be demolished and turned into an Inside Out ride.
yeah...
you read that right
Figment, I love you, but Inside Out is the PERFECT IP for the Imagination Pavilion. It would spice up a pavilion & ride that has literally 5 minute waits and clear some crowds from the other parks.
but like...don't get rid of figment
make some sort of walkthrough with dreamfinder or something

Since Bing Bong got kil... forgotten there is no reason that Figment could not play alongside Inside Out in the same attraction. #IPmashup

Mark IV Fan

1) With the exception of Journey Into Imagination, Epcot 1.0 was not nearly as good you remember. Especially Horizons.

2) The original Disney MGM Studios, while enjoyable, was not worth a repeat visit.

3) "Now is the Time" was a better song than "There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow".

4) Disney food can be bland and texture-less because that's what most Americans prefer.

5) Dinosaur: Countdown to Extinction is actually a pretty good ride.

6) Disneyland park is better than the Magic Kingdom.

7) A lot of things at Disney World are actually better now than they used to be.
Number 1 couldn’t be more wrong and you should feel awful for saying it.

Mark IV Fan

SpectroMagic was a far superior show to MSEP and it’s a huge stain on Disney that they just let it rot away and discarded it the way they did.

Mark IV Fan

I think, accounting for the Single IP Themed Lands I've visited (Pandora, Cars Land, Galaxy's Edge East and West, Toy Story Land, Hogsmeade, and Diagon Alley . . . even Toy Story Playland at DSP, if you'd count it), the one that comes closest to Harry Potter in Disney's collection is Cars Land. It's the one that most literally, completely, and satisfyingly transports you to a specific place and time that is exciting, engaging, and makes you want to come back. Which is very impressive given that Cars is the franchise on that list with the least love in the public imagination. They stepped up and did it right in almost every regard - though I do wish that outside of RSR there were attractions that were more involved than the "flat rides" that flank it. And I'm still waiting for the planned Sci-Fi-style Drive-In Restaurant that would just be perfect for that land. Still, I think that's the land where Disney came closest to clearing the bar Harry Potter set. Even if I happen to prefer the environs and/or individual elements of the other Single IP Disney Lands.

Though I will say that I think as a land Hogsmeade PALES in comparison to Diagon Alley - Forbidden Journey is the best attraction in the Harry Potter suite, but Diagon blows Hogsmeade away as a themed environment. It's a little annoying that Diagon is such a rich and fully realized land while the area with Hogwarts Castle feels like it got the short end of the stick in comparison. The land feels like Cliff Notes compared to Diagon Alley. I understand why, but it makes it feel like the priorities are out of balance. And I think the world has made WAY too big a deal out of Hagrids. But I think I've drifted off topic!
But the beauty is you don’t HAVE to choose between Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley.

yensidtlaw1969

But the beauty is you don’t HAVE to choose between Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley.
Who said anything about being made to choose? I was saying that Diagon Alley is executed to a higher level than Hogsmeade. I WISH Hogsmeade had the money and resources that were had when designing Diagon Alley.

I had hoped that in building additional Wizarding Worlds they would have taken the opportunity to revise the plans to build something fully worthy of the world they are recreating, since money was absolutely an object when they built the first Hogsmeade. Diagon Alley feels like money was no object. Hogwarts deserves a treatment where money is no object - where more of the wondrous experiences of the castle are fleshed out and on offer for guests to explore rather than the single channel through different rooms on the way to the Forbidden Journey load. Of all the locations in the Harry Potter series, Hogwarts is clearly the one with the most potential but in tackling it first they've somewhat backed themselves into a corner.

But alas.

Mark IV Fan

5. MISSION: Space is WAY better than Horizons.
That’s just crazy talk. Not only is Mission Space nowhere near as good as Horizons, but, given the hype and expectations that it had, it’s one of the worst rides ever.
I’ve been on all kinds of thrill rides in parks across the nation and MS is the only one that ever made me feel panicked from how much it restricts you.

Last edited:

Mark IV Fan

Who said anything about being made to choose? I was saying that Diagon Alley is executed to a higher level than Hogsmeade. I WISH Hogsmeade had the money and resources that were had when designing Diagon Alley.

I had hoped that in building additional Wizarding Worlds they would have taken the opportunity to revise the plans to build something fully worthy of the world they are recreating, since money was absolutely an object when they built the first Hogsmeade. Diagon Alley feels like money was no object. Hogwarts deserves a treatment where money is no object - where more of the wondrous experiences of the castle are fleshed out and on offer for guests to explore rather than the single channel through different rooms on the way to the Forbidden Journey load. Of all the locations in the Harry Potter series, Hogwarts is clearly the one with the most potential but in tackling it first they've somewhat backed themselves into a corner.

But alas.
Yeah I agree a Hogwarts you could wander through at your own leisure with the individual elements more fleshed out would he amazing, but I guess Universal wasn’t willing to risk that kind of money on it at the time. It’s a pity.
Of course I also with you could wander through Cinderella Castle.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom