Unpopular Disney World Opinions

RobWDW1971

Discussed in another thread so might as well get my frowny faces here as well.

1) Close Carousel of Progress and send John and family to the Disney Family Museum
2) Close Tiki Room and Jungle Cruise and completely rethink Adventureland
3) For you Disneyland fans, close Mr. Lincoln

DavidDL

..Close.. Jungle Cruise..

At the risk of being bombarded myself, I've given this notion some thought as well. I respect Jungle Cruise as a classic and for what it's done but I can't help but wonder if it's really needed nowadays in WDW, especially with Animal Kingdom and Kilimanjaro Safari's not far off. Maybe a totally re-worked Jungle Cruise attraction located in Animal Kingdom with live animals instead? I know it wouldn't be possible to get them into all the kind of crazy situations afforded by static figures but I think they could still make it work if they had some more dynamic show scenes between animal exhibits. -and heck, it's not like they COULDN'T use fake animal figures between live animals.

Maybe it's just me but I always find myself ignoring the poor Jungle Cruise, I haven't ridden it in a very long time. Maybe the jokes just don't do it for me or maybe it's being turned off of waiting in line seeing the switchbacks full of people but I think I agree with you here.. Jungle Cruise may need to be re-imagined or sail away to Yesterland.

UNCgolf

1) Close Carousel of Progress and send John and family to the Disney Family Museum

We had a discussion about closing Jungle Cruise (or I did) on another thread. I'm in favor of it eventually, but there's an expansion plot they should use first.

As for Carousel of Progress, you'll take that from my cold, dead hands. I'd rather every other attraction in the Magic Kingdom close first.

UNCgolf

At the risk of being bombarded myself, I've given this notion some thought as well. I respect Jungle Cruise as a classic and for what it's done but I can't help but wonder if it's really needed nowadays in WDW, especially with Animal Kingdom and Kilimanjaro Safari's not far off. Maybe a totally re-worked Jungle Cruise attraction located in Animal Kingdom with live animals instead? I know it wouldn't be possible to get them into all the kind of crazy situations afforded by static figures but I think they could still make it work if they had some more dynamic show scenes between animal exhibits. -and heck, it's not like they COULDN'T use fake animal figures between live animals.

Maybe it's just me but I always find myself ignoring the poor Jungle Cruise, I haven't ridden it in a very long time. Maybe the jokes just don't do it for me or maybe it's being turned off of waiting in line seeing the switchbacks full of people but I think I agree with you here.. Jungle Cruise may need to be re-imagined or sail away to Yesterland.

I agree with the idea of closing Jungle Cruise eventually (as I said, discussed it in another thread earlier today) but I don't think a replacement can go in Animal Kingdom. I seem to remember they actually had plans for a boat ride with live animals and it was determined that it was an unworkable concept. And I don't think Animal Kingdom should be adding AA animals anywhere.

DavidDL

Here's an opinion I know others won't share.. but I actually enjoy the whole, booking my vacation, selecting Fastpasses and choosing dining reservations 6 months in advance. I'll explain as best I can.

I'm not a Florida local and I only get out to WDW once every couple years so the knowledge that I am going is incredibly exciting to me once I know it is happening and it's hard for me to contain (like a kid who knows Christmas is coming). With the whole, research and plan my vacation in the months leading up to it, I feel like my vacation experience is extended/it allows me to experience some of that WDW excitement in the months leading up to the trip. I get to pick out and select my "must-dos" in advance (thus ensuring they will actually happen) and I get to let out those pre-Disney vacation feelings of excitement over time as I watch video reviews of restaurant options and decide which ones I am most excited to try. I also really like MagicBand because I think the customization is fun, they are convenient for storing tickets/room keys and I also like how they are integrated into some attractions (Test Track is a personal favorite of mine).

-and at the end of the day, I still didn't feel like I have to plan as much as others might think out in advance. On my last trip, my wife and I really only picked out 3 or 4 "must do" dining options in advance that we took the time to easily secure, everything else we had (-and we stayed at the resort for a week) was all totally on-a-whim type stuff we just sort of felt like trying or found over the course of our stay.

I also tried, and failed, to secure Flight of Passage Fastpasses the moment they went live (many months in advance) but that didn't stop us from experiencing the attraction. Instead, we just went ahead and got up early for rope drop and walked right on. Sure, we had to wake up and be at the park early, but we waited less than 20 minutes overall for the attraction once we were finally in line for it. Not too shabby.

Now I say all this as the type of Guest this system is probably trying to appeal to, the tourist who doesn't show up all that often to the resort. I can imagine that as a local, this system would probably be a living hell since you can't just decide on a whim to go to the park for dinner at Be Our Guest and then ride something like Flight of Passage without really having to fight for it. I could totally understand the frustration in that scenario.

awoogala

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
absolutely unpopular! ;) I LOVE Jungle Cruise. (can it be upgraded? revamped? change up some jokes? absolutely- but never take it away!)
same with the tiki room. and carousel. all need some (ok, a lot) of help, but I love them.

MJJME

1)Hollywood studios is the best park in WDW

2)I actually like the food

3)Disney springs is just a shopping mall and I hate shopping

4)NBA experience, really?

5)Animal Kingdom is just a zoo

DavidDL

Nobody goes on the Jungle Cruise any more - it's too crowded!

You've got me there, haha! Not to say it isn't popular, just that I don't care much for it, personally. Time needed to wait vs. what I am actually getting is just my unpopular opinion. I'd just much rather enjoy Animal Kingdom as a whole, which (to me) feels like one great, big, better Adventureland.

VaderTron

1. If all the WDW hotels were the same price Contemporary, Grand Floridian, and Polynesian still wouldn't make my top 10 list of places to stay, but Riviera would.

(Animal Kingdom Lodge, Wilderness Lodge, Yacht Club, Beach Club, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach, Riviera, Coronado, Old Key West, Port Orleans French Quarter)

2. No restaurant on WDW property can make a steak that tastes better than what I can make at home.

3. They should make at least three times as many meet & greets and shows/diversions (such as Jedi Trials or Pirates) to tie up more guests so ride lines can shorten.

4. Festival booths should become year round, have their own inner loop created on the lagoon during the Epcot reimagining and there should be an additional entry fee to access them.

5. MF:SR should wait until all buttons/objectives are completed before advancing through the story. If you get too much damage or don't complete your objective you should crash, get blown out of the sky, etc and the ride should end early.

6. I'm glad SWL has sound effects/ambiance instead of SW music.

7. The Safari should be moved from AK to AKL (expanded footprint) and made exclusively into a paid experience. The old Safari space should be used for massive expansion of AK rides.

8. Blizzard Beach should be demolished. In its place ANOTHER water park should be built. One that would even beat Typhoon Lagoon in popularity.

9. WDW should have a selection of days each year that charge twice the gate price but cap admission to half park capacity or less (AP upgrade option to avoid blackout of those dates).

10. Soarin' Around the World should be moved to WS and feature all the WS countries.

11. Whitewashing history by removing selected outdated ideas and pretending they didn't happen (i.e. Pirates Auction Scene) is idiotic, especially when you pick and choose what is wrong. Immoral, drunk, murdering, torturing, pillaging, and thieving pirate activities are ok? Because those themes still exist on that ride. 🤔 Wrongs should be acknowledged and retained in a historical ride, not swept under the rug. The opportunity can be used to converse with children (or adults...smh) about why those things are wrong, if needed.

12. All rides should have disabled return service with a separate entry point for their entire party. To avoid abuse, wheelchair occupants or their guardians should have to present a current (within the past month) doctor's note and ID.

13. The mac & cheese at all WDW restaurants is terrible. Seriously, how do you mess up mac & cheese???

14. Ohana is the worst meal value on WDW property.

15. Columbia Harbor House Lobster Roll is the best meal value on WDW property.

16. I would be OK if WDW stopped doing fireworks.

17. Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor is my favorite attraction at MK.

18. Spaceship Earth should be re-themed.

19. Annual Passholders should have a cap of 10 days per year that they can access the parks without either staying at a WDW hotel or booking an ADR.

20. My favorite ride at DHS is still ToT.

TinaETheGreat

1. The boarding pass system is annoying and I hope they don’t make it that way for future rides
2. Animal Kingdom is the best park with the best overall rides
3. I love dinosaur
4. Frozen Ever After is not even remotely worth the wait. Not even a little bit.
5. Aside from World Showcase, Epcot is boring

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom