Unnecessary Attractions?

STITCHGEFAN

Original Poster
Hi all!
Firstly, I'd like to apologise if this has come up before but I'm new so I'm sure you'll forgive me :p, but I'm in need of your help at this time. Before I begin let me state this is by no means a negative thread, or certainly not intentionally! I am conducting a bit of research on the WDW parks and were wondering which attractions, if any, are not popular, not used, and overall not really needed, taking into account use of guests, popularity, relevance and whether the attraction is out dated. From the top of my head I came up with the following:

Magic Kingdom

Country Bear Jamboree
Snow White Scary Adventures

Epcot

Ellen's Energy Adventures
Living With The Land

Hollywood Studios

Sounds Dangerous!

Animal Kingdom

Boneyard

Know people will alter in their opinions so all shall be well appreciated:sohappy:

WDWLOYAL1971

I believe it's a matter of personal preference. What one may consider unpopular, not used or needed may actually be enjoyed by another.

The Mom

Premium Member
^^^^

Absolutely! And your opinions will change over time. I haven't been in The Boneyard in years, but it was a "must do" when my son was little.

Snow White's Scary Adventure was scary and exciting when the kids were little, but now I'm sure they consider them a waste of space. Country Bear Jamboree was also someplace to bring the little guy while his dad & big sister rode Big Thunder or Splash Mountain.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
Hi all!

Magic Kingdom

1. Country Bear Jamboree
2. Snow White Scary Adventures

Epcot

3. Ellen's Energy Adventures
4. Living With The Land

Hollywood Studios

5. Sounds Dangerous!

Animal Kingdom

6. Boneyard

Know people will alter in their opinions so all shall be well appreciated:sohappy:

1. CBJ... Really? A classic, wow, all that needs is an extreme face lift. CBJ is an awesome show and when it is in top condition really adds to the land.

2. Yepp SWSA is very unneeded and is why people will not be happy once it is closed down. MTWR all over again.

3. I would not say unneeded but I would say it needs a major facelift and a new story

4. Lol you clearly do no gardening or enjoy outdoors or plant life.

5. You're right

6. Keeps the kids from clogging areas as bad.

Rinx

I would say Stitch and Indy Speedway for MK.

Captain EO for Epcot.

Obviously Sounds Dangerous for DHS

DAK I'd say Kilimanjaro Safaris because what's......haha no I'm just kidding of course :p I think AK is pretty solid in this department.

hammysammy59

Whoa DISAGREE. I love Living with the Land.

I really don't think there are any unnecessary attractions. They've all got a purpose, just maybe not for me personally.

Nemo14

As others have said, it's really a matter of personal preference. Not every ride or show needs to be an E-ticket to be worthwhile, and indeed having many choices makes everyone's experiences more enjoyable.

dave&di

I know this attraction is popular, so I apologise in advance!

SOARIN', I don't see the big deal with this attraction, the subject matter is irrelvant (unless your in Disneyland!), the screen is not very clear and last time I rode it (Sept '10) there were black dots on the screen. Plus unless you get the front row, you have peoples feet dangling from the sky!

I'm not totally knocking it, the smellie vision is good, if they changed California for Florida it may mean more.

STITCHGEFAN

Original Poster
I know this attraction is popular, so I apologise in advance!

SOARIN', I don't see the big deal with this attraction, the subject matter is irrelvant (unless your in Disneyland!), the screen is not very clear and last time I rode it (Sept '10) there were black dots on the screen. Plus unless you get the front row, you have peoples feet dangling from the sky!

I'm not totally knocking it, the smellie vision is good, if they changed California for Florida it may mean more.

Yes the feet are most certainly an eye sore when you are trying to imagine you are literally 'Soarin'. When I say unnecessary, I mean what do they contribute to the park, attractions that bring people through the gates and have long queue times justify themselves. But attractions such as LWTL doesn't really have that 'Disney Effect' to fit in for me.

fractal

Sorry - Living with the Land is a must do for us - and I think it's definately has that Disney Effect - especially for EPCOT. It's educational, progressive and entertaining.

Also - My 9 year old daughter loves the Boneyard and my other children loved it until they turned into that strange creature called teenagers.

nolatron

I really don't think there are any unnecessary attractions. They've all got a purpose, just maybe not for me personally.

Agreed. While I may not personally like a particular attraction, someone else does.

Every ride is necessary as they all mean something to someone.

njdan

I agree on stitch but i would also add Tom Sawyer Island and Swiss Family Tree house( ok this one since I dont like heights!) and I agree Country Bears needs a refurb. Since my sons are older now i will say we dont go to the Boneyard or Honey I shrunk the Kids Playground but when they were little they loved them so guess you have to keep them.
My oldest son(almost 13) agrees with TSI and wants to add Circle of life in Epcot( My wife and I personally like this but he doesnt) and Studio Backlot Tour- I agree this has to be changed used to be much better when it was a working studio. I Animal Kingdom we both agree on Nemo show.
These our just our personal least favs., I know many people probably like them.

wsmith1978

I've never seen Sounds Dangerous and probably never will based on the reviews and reactions I've read. So I guess that could go. And Ellen's Energy Adventure sucks. But the others you listed...

Living With The Land - No way! I love that ride!!
Snow White - same as above!
Country Bear Jamboree - ok, not a favorite of mine, but classic and needs to stay put

I can't really think of an attraction that wouldn't make me sad if it closed, other than

STITCH!!! My God, there have been several attractions I've ridden that I wasn't impressed with, didn't necessarily care for, won't do again, etc, but I actually HATE the Stitch ride. It's AWFUL and such a waste of valuable space in Tomorrowland. Why can't they get rid of it??

NiarrNDisney

I believe it's a matter of personal preference. What one may consider unpopular, not used or needed may actually be enjoyed by another.

Exactly as the say variety is the spice of life!
The only thing I find pointless is having two or three of the same ride or attraction in one park i.e. MK spinners (soon to be 4), and boat rides in Epcot (good thing the river ride in Germany never saw the light of day)!

The Empress Lilly

Magic Kingdom

Country Bear Jamboree
Snow White Scary Adventures

Epcot

Ellen's Energy Adventures
Living With The Land
Of course, to each his own.

As for me, it is sheer blasphemy to suggest Snow White or the Universe of Energy have run their course. Well, practically, they have, what with their superior, previous versions being infinitely better. Still, to me, these two are emotional E-tickets. I can't imagine WDW without them.

This seven dwarf mine train better be real, real good. :cry:

jlevis

The parks attract a widely diverse audience. There is something for everyone. I wouldn't take it upon myself to force my likes or dislikes on anyone.

MerlinTheGoat

The only attractions that i find a complete waste of space are the ones in Dinorama carnival. Not the entire Dinoland but the cheap carnival stuff. If i wanted to visit such a place, i'd go over to Kissimmee's crappier districts or just anywhere around the Orlando convention center. There's carnivals all over the place. The entire place is laughably themed and full of cheap as hell rides. It exists purely as a way to cover up a totally empty area of the park that was supposed to go towards more worthwhile attractions. And no matter how many people actually visit it, there's little excuse for the lack of quality when a different and better ride could have been built.

Living With the Land is amazing. Far from boring, it's probably the most peaceful ride i've ever been on. Beautifully designed with a lot of great and meaningful scenes. If they got rid of it, i'd be angry as hell that yet another piece of what made Epcot good had been chipped away.

Snow White i'd be more angry about, IF it was as great as the one in CA or DLP. And also if we weren't getting an entirely new cutting edge ride to replace it based on a similar story (though i'll wait to decide whether it will be decent). Had they just closed the thing and replaced it with nothing or the Princess meet and greet, i'd be rather enraged.

I've not been on CBJ in a LONG time. I'll try to get there next time. But i will say it's far from unpopular. Many people love it. Definitely not unnecessary.

Universe of Energy just needs to be redone. Cut out Ellen (Bill Nye to be honest wouldn't be too bad on his own actually). Redo it with the respect it deserves. It deserves a lavish and meaningful experience where it glorifies energy and the ability to find new power. I wouldn't be against a total gutting with a new ride system, now taking you through various machines and well-themed environments involving how various forms of energy are harvested and transformed into usable energy. If they turned it into a roller coaster "through the center of an electrical wire" though i'd be irritated.

Can't comment on Sounds Dangerous as i've never been on it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom