Unmagical Day at the Magic Kingdom

justintheharris

They probably did give her some sort of compensation just to get her to quit whining, but once she was gone I'm sure whoever talked to her had a good laugh.
That honestly irks me because there's many good people who go to Disney who have somewhat legitimate complaints that get lumped in with a pile of ludicrous one. When I worked in a theme park, a lot of my coworkers would groan about guests who would complain when a different attraction is down. I actually never minded them complaining to me. The guests are people. We've all been in that situation when an attraction was down. As a company employee, I could totally sympathize. As long as the guest understood there was nothing I could personally do about the situation, I was totally fine with them venting. And I feel the Katiebugs of the world rob those understandably upset guests of their respect.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
In honor of this thread

1545156212342.png

Weather_Lady

Does anyone get sick to their stomach thinking that Disney might have actually apologized and compensated her????

No, because the "compensation" she claimed to have been given made absolutely no sense (e.g., an ADR at Hollywood Studios - but no tickets to actually get into that park -- instead, tickets to the MK and a meet-and-greet with Cinderella!??!). She doesn't even seem to realize that ADRs and meet-and-greets are free to all guests to begin with. I don't believe Disney gave her a thing, although in all seriousness I've got a McDonald's fry coupon I'd be happy to give her if she PMs me. @KATIEBUG101, hit me up!

justintheharris

No, because the "compensation" she claimed to have been given made absolutely no sense (e.g., an ADR at Hollywood Studios - but no tickets to actually get into that park -- instead, tickets to the MK and a meet-and-greet with Cinderella!??!). She doesn't even seem to realize that ADRs and meet-and-greets are free to all guests to begin with. I don't believe Disney gave her a thing, although in all seriousness I've got a McDonald's fry coupon I'd be happy to give her if she PMs me. @KATIEBUG101, hit me up!
I assumed they didn’t give her a ticket as she said in her complaint that she plans on going and that they just gave her a fastpass to meet Cinderella.

Weather_Lady

I assumed they didn’t give her a ticket as she said in her complaint that she plans on going and that they just gave her a fastpass to meet Cinderella.

She said on another site that she was given tickets -- but her remarks were posted in an attempt to save face after she realized her original posts (on many Disney fan sites) were backfiring on her, as you can tell by the comments. (The blocked word in the address starts with "p" and rhymes with "kiss".) https://walt-disney-world.****edconsumer.com/un-magical-day-20140306478339.html

Regardless, to paraphrase T.S. Eliot, KatieBug's online communications appear to have ended after just a few days of raging chaos back in 2014, "not with bang but a whimper."

Last edited:

justintheharris

Everybody, what is your favorite line in Katiebug's story? Mine is "I told him that I took my two year old princess to the Magic Kingdom and she was unable to see Cinderella or Mickey Mouse. Apparently, he didn't care about that at all?"

donaldtoo

Woof.
It appears you can take the Katiebug outta’ this thread, but, you can’t take the thread outta’ the KatieBug...?!?!?!
No, wait, that can’t be right...?!$&@$!?! :facepalm:
Hell, I don’t even know what this thread’s about anymore... :cyclops:
Is there any whiskey left.......? :cautious:

SourcererMark79

In the Parks
No
How did
Everybody, what is your favorite line in Katiebug's story? Mine is "I told him that I took my two year old princess to the Magic Kingdom and she was unable to see Cinderella or Mickey Mouse. Apparently, he didn't care about that at all?"
How did he know I wasnt an Executive Vice President?:hilarious:

Last edited:

The Empress Lilly

And yet, for all of the easy, hasty scorn heaped at Katie, a little one going to the park and meeting their fav toon is exactly, exactly how Disney parks market themselves. Such as in this current, much acclaimed commercial:

But god forbid somebody would ever expect anything of the sort to then happen for real. They will be the butt of jokes by Disney fans for all eternity. Because fans are too kewl and Disney-woke to believe that any of that marketing resembles what the customer's kid gets delivered.

Sans Souci

And yet, for all of the easy, hasty scorn heaped at Katie, a little one going to the park and meeting their fav toon is exactly, exactly how Disney parks market themselves. Such as in this current, much acclaimed commercial:

But god forbid somebody would ever expect anything of the sort to then happen for real. They will be the butt of jokes by Disney fans for all eternity. Because fans are too kewl and Disney-woke to believe that any of that marketing resembles what the customer's kid gets delivered.

Let me start out by saying that I love Disney World, or at least I did until my recent trip on Monday, March 3, 2014. I have been to Disney at least twenty times. I honeymooned at Disney World. I have Disney stock. I never ever thought I would ever write a complaint letter to the "happiest place on earth".

This wasn't her first time at the rodeo. She knows how this works. Her children weren't paid enough deference, that's what her poorly-written missive was about.

-Signed,
Kewl, Woke Fan

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
This wasn't her first time at the rodeo. She knows how this works. Her children weren't paid enough deference, that's what her poorly-written missive was about.

-Signed,
Kewl, Woke Fan

You're obviously doing it wrong if your experience isn't exactly like the commercials. For example, I'm always personally greeted by Mariachi Cobre whenever I visit Epcot.

TZDDDTM.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom