Universe of Energy

MattyFresh

I don't think Wall-E is the best option for this attraction. Yes, it needs a ton of work and re-tooling. Ellen, isn't funny and her 15 minutes of fame is quickly passing. I do enjoy the dinosaurs as its a connection to the original attraction. I think I have been on this maybe once in the past 4 or 5 trips. Its just way to boring to give up that much time when I could be doing something else that I really enjoy.

I agree with the others that said this side of the park needs some attention, but with all of EPCOT, there is that fine line you have to walk to make any update successful.

forevermickey

I am not a big fan of characters in every pavilion.. every attraction.... I love them in general and love them in MK but not the Epcot Pavilion attractions..

pumpkin7

oo now that would be good. i think they need to put more wall-e in the parks. they could do some awesome animatronics for that too. the captain could be done like ursula in the new mermaid ride to show his, er, 'chubbyness' and wall-e must be pretty easy to pull off.
yes, i like this idea. i hope someone at disney imagineering has had the same idea.
or at very lease, PLEASE update the ellen animatronic. she looks awful.

Glasgow

I like UoE (honestly) but the last two times I've been to the world I've gone with friends/relatives .. and they were commenting on how little Epcot has changed. Epcot is my favorite park but I have to agree .. it's time to update or re-imagine UoE and WoL. It's time ..

boufa

As it says in my signiture.. those who would change everything at Disney World, and those who hate every change that is made at Disney World.

This conversation seems to be letting us seperate into our groups.... those who won't touch a "classic" attraction and those who think some attractions get old and stale.

SeaBase86

Please no more pixar take overs in Epcot. Little sections are cool but please not the entire pavilion.

But back to the topic. Yes maybe it could use an update but I still find the attraction to be excellent I think the money should be put into JII. but that for another thread.

MickeyPeace

I started the thread below to vote for best and worst celebrity in an attraction.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=784438

Immediately people started hating on Ellen in UoE.

Here is a thread specific to the Ellen and UoE and none of these people are voicing their dislike of Ellen here.

I expected to see "Ellen, total garbage start to finish". "hmm elen degeneras worst" "And for the worst, even though I've never actually been on the attraction, I can't stand Ellen so she gets my vote by default!" and the like.

Where did all the hate go?!

Uoe

Love the attraction!!
The dinosaurs are excellent--there`s lots for kids to learn on the ride.
It`s a good place to go if it is very hot or raining!!

gustaftp

Do they keep the dinosaurs? That's the other part most people seem to really enjoy about the ride, but the fact is that the future of energy doesn't really involve dinosaurs anymore. The original ride introduced them because it was sponsored by Exxon, who wanted guests to believe the future of energy would be found in fossil fuels, a claim most guests wouldn't want to hear today. Ellen & Bill Nye found a clever way to keep the dinosaurs, by first presenting a history of energy and where the earth came from, including dinosaurs, and then not going into the future of energy until after the diorama. Is this lengthy process something Disney is going to want to do again?

It doesn't involve them anymore? As long as we continue to use fossil fuels, the future most certainly does involve dinosaurs.

Fact of the matter is, fossil fuels aren't going away anytime soon. People may not want to hear it, but you can't escape the truth.

If we ignore the fact that we use fossil fuels in the new pavilion and focus on some sort of "green fantasyland", what good is that doing the public?

It reminds me of the myth that the Prius is somehow better for the environment than other vehicles... which doesn't stand up to fact when you factor in production of the vehicle which actually makes it more damaging to the environment than a Land Rover LR4 and gets worse gas mileage than the V8 BMW M3.

Fossil fuels will remain part of our future.

Scuttle

It needs a refurb desperately, but I don't want anymore pixar characters at Epcot. I'm sorry but I don't think movies of any kind belong in Epcot. I think what would be great is to turn UOE into something like a weather pavilion and have an attraction similar to twister at universal. Maybe even have a ride on a track that goes through different weather situations with great wind and lighting effects. You could experience a hurricane, tornado, dense fog scenes(which i think would be awesome), sand storms, snow storms and maybe even a earthquake or something. I see potential and it sure would draw crowds if done right with incredible effects. I don't know what the storyline could be, but from a visual perspective this could be great. Sorry Im dreaming again. Lol

Oddysey

It doesn't involve them anymore? As long as we continue to use fossil fuels, the future most certainly does involve dinosaurs.

Fact of the matter is, fossil fuels aren't going away anytime soon. People may not want to hear it, but you can't escape the truth.

If we ignore the fact that we use fossil fuels in the new pavilion and focus on some sort of "green fantasyland", what good is that doing the public?

It reminds me of the myth that the Prius is somehow better for the environment than other vehicles... which doesn't stand up to fact when you factor in production of the vehicle which actually makes it more damaging to the environment than a Land Rover LR4 and gets worse gas mileage than the V8 BMW M3.

To expound on this a bit. I agree that fossil fuels are indeed a part of our future. My job has required me to do numerous financial feasibility studies on a variety of green alternatives. At the moment, and for the foreseeable future, most green alternatives simply are not financially feasible when compared to our current sources of energy. The benefit realized (cost savings / cash flows) by converting to green energy are not even economically viable when compared to a very modest investment. For example, in most cases it would be a better investment for a person to keep money in a low interest savings account than it would be to invest in solar panel installation on their place of residence or a commercial building. I appreciate the green inituative, but there is much R & D that needs to be done before most of the green sources make any sort of economic sense.

WorldKey

Amen...It will be a good number of decades before we develop economically feasible energy sources - which we will, but fossil fuels will have to get us there.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom