Universe Of Energy BGM 1982-1996?

DreamfinderGuy

Original Poster
Anybody know where I can find this loop? I've been searching for a while with no luck, it appears to be lost media at this point.

DreamfinderGuy

Original Poster
Sadly it seems lost. I've only ever found a sixty second or so live recording.
Only clip I know of is from your UoE tribute from the walking up to the building clip. Just hoping somebody maybe recorded it on a tape and forgot about it or something.

Brer Oswald

The first one is the Energy Exchange theme I believe, and the other one is (obviously) the exit music. It seems that the original BGM is lost to time :(
Yeah that's upsetting. I never got to experience old Epcot, and the BGMs were my way of doing that. The old UoE music that is available is amazing. I could only imagine how great the full BGM was.

DreamfinderGuy

Original Poster
Just the 30 second-ish loop from Martin's video was enough to start me searching but coming up empty handed. It seems to be different renditions of "Universe Of Energy Instrumental"

TwilightZone

Don't give up complete hope! It took me a while to find area music for wonders of life, journey into your imagination, and for the 90s area music for tokyo disneyland, but I did find them! It may take years, but one day it will come!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Don't give up complete hope! It took me a while to find area music for wonders of life, journey into your imagination, and for the 90s area music for tokyo disneyland, but I did find them! It may take years, but one day it will come!
In all fairness these are pretty common files. Aside from the Energy BGM there's also the preshow load and theatre one load scores that are possibly lost forever, along with theatre two holding.

And that's without going into the theatres one and two movies.

Last edited:

trainplane3

I wish they would just dump all the music for previous attractions online to various music sites and services. I'd spend the money for attraction music in lossless format. But then again, it would take time to "remaster" them and then there could be the issue of the sponsor from the time the music was made. So it might not be worth it to them to sell it.

Bender123

In all fairness these are pretty common files. Aside from the Energy BGM there's also the preshow load and theatre one load scores that are possibly lost forever, along with theatre two holding.

And that's without going into the theatres one and two movies.

Do you have any idea if Disney archives masters of this type of thing? I have met archival photographers, so I would guess there is some vault or area responsible for archival data of former attractions.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Do you have any idea if Disney archives masters of this type of thing? I have met archival photographers, so I would guess there is some vault or area responsible for archival data of former attractions.
A lot, but not all, is held in Burbank.

Bender123

There was a big leak of all the studio masters for Horizons a few years ago, wasn't there?

Yes...You can tell based not only on the quality, but how they have a studio persons voice at the beginning of each track introducing them.

Its always a little weird to hear the voice...

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
There was a big leak of all the studio masters for Horizons a few years ago, wasn't there?

Yes...You can tell based not only on the quality, but how they have a studio persons voice at the beginning of each track introducing them.

Its always a little weird to hear the voice...

They leaked at least 15 years ago. Along with most of World of Motion music, some Imagination, and some The Land. The pattern and content made no sense; they were both incomplete but thorough and had glaring omissions.

How did the relatively obscure UOE preshow escape but the BGM didn't, for example? Both came from central.

Over the years I've managed to considerably increase my personal collection but there's quite a lot Of high quality audio that I dare say will never be heard again.

Bender123

They leaked at least 15 years ago. Along with most of World of Motion music, some Imagination, and some The Land. The pattern and content made no sense; they were both incomplete but thorough and had glaring omissions.

How did the relatively obscure UOE preshow escape but the BGM didn't, for example? Both came from central.

Over the years I've managed to considerably increase my personal collection but there's quite a lot Of high quality audio that I dare say will never be heard again.

It just boggles the mind that nobody in Disney has decided to make digital backups and release any of the park music for purchase or online streaming. They must have some level of awareness that stations like D-Tunes, Sorcerer and (sadly defunct) MouseWorld have a loyal following of people who listen to crappy recordings done by people holding microphones next to speakers.

Im sure it wouldn't be a huge profit center, but the archival nature of a company like Disney would eventually necessitate a digital mastering and the, already, formidable media systems they have in place would make a release virtually free as an ongoing system.

I would gladly pay quite a bit for digital master quality tracks, area music, ride audio and show audio...Heck...it would just be nice if somebody there could list out the licensed music tracks for some of the hotels, like the Polynesian, which has very recognizable songs, but insanely hard to recognize musicians. I know that amateurs have basically done this with the former Wonders of Life music and I managed to, mostly, recreate a solid FLAC version of the audio loop.

trainplane3

The source of the leak was that "create your own Disney music CD" thing, right?

Bairstow

That points to the source of the general leak being a properly-connected third party collector, and not the person with access himself. Some of the recordings might have come from Central, others from Burbank, or even the relevant studios that did the original work.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
That points to the source of the general leak being a properly-connected third party collector, and not the person with access himself. Some of the recordings might have come from Central, others from Burbank, or even the relevant studios that did the original work.
Horizons was the odd one, with non looping versions and its idents using the technical description for each file as opposed to the versions stored in park.

Files come from all over; I've collected from collectors, source, in park media, discarded storage and even composers private versions. To name a few. Storage went from tape to disc and the tapes were discarded, disc to solid state and the discs were discarded. Up until a few years ago solid state could be easily copied. Quite a few collections in my personal archive have stories to tell.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom