Universe Of Energy BGM 1982-1996?

britain

Horizons was the odd one, with non looping versions and its idents using the technical description for each file as opposed to the versions stored in park.

Files come from all over; I've collected from collectors, source, in park media, discarded storage and even composers private versions. To name a few. Storage went from tape to disc and the tapes were discarded, disc to solid state and the discs were discarded. Up until a few years ago solid state could be easily copied. Quite a few collections in my personal archive have stories to tell.

All so I can play your videos in the background while I work! :D

Dragonman

Apologies for the bump but I feel this needs to be said.

I noticed @DreamfinderGuy posted about this very thing on Twitter last night. It amazes me how an enormous company like Disney could potentially “loose” master recordings (although then again things have gone missing in recent years...).

I’m surprised no such article exists documenting all the lost attraction audio whether it be on the Lost Media Wiki or elsewhere. It would be important to gather everything together so people don’t have to search everywhere for threads like this, etc.

There’s a good chance these things might be out there neglected and hidden in storage but it’s hard to tell sometimes (DreamfinderGuy mentioned the archives couldn’t find the UOE recordings).

All in all, I do agree there’s definitely a market for old attraction audio. It seems Disney only likes to release the most popular tracks and neglects other more obscure and requested ones, leaving people to only rely on leaks and home video/cassette recordings.

DreamfinderGuy

Original Poster
I’m surprised no such article exists documenting all the lost attraction audio whether it be on the Lost Media Wiki or elsewhere.
Someone should make a page on the Lost Media Wiki. In all truthfulness a whole lot from EPCOT should go there. Plenty of things haven't seen public releases that we know Disney has, but there's a lot (I.e. A solid chunk of Original UoE) that appear truly lost.
(DreamfinderGuy mentioned the archives couldn’t find the UOE recordings)
I picked that up somewhere along my time looking for it. Don't know how truthful it is, but from what I've heard they've searched before and have come up empty.

Dragonman

I would make an article on the lost aspects but I don’t necessarily know all or have a list of every park related lost media.

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
That's where I remember first hearing this. I believe you spoke with a contact about playing the original pavilion's music for EPCOT's 35th and that's when it was discovered they didn't have UoE's music?
Yep. I know someone who was involved with that project. They couldn’t find the audio in the archive. I think also Horizons or Motions BGM was programmed but failed to switch over on the day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom